Technic Launcher fails to open any modpack.

βeta

I am trying to play tekxit 3.14 Pi in a server with some friends. I’ve tested the modpack on my computer, and it worked just fine. I have tested with all my friend as well and both the modpack and the server work without any problem. However, one of my friends is having a lot of problems to launch the modpack. We even tried to upgrade her RAM from 6gb to 8gb and we set technic launcher / java settings / memory to 4gb, but nothing worked. We tried to set memory in java settings to 3, 3.5 and 5 as well, with no success. Java is up to date, by the way. She does not have a dedicated graphic card, but one other friend of mine does not have either ant it works fine, so that should not be the problem. And, to make matters worse, we tried to change the modpack, but it seems no modpack will launch at all. The modpack window does open and start to load, but it closes without any error message. Nothing seems to work, for some reason. Does anyone have an idea?

On 7/1/2021 at 9:50 PM, βeta said:

I am trying to play tekxit 3.14 Pi in a server with some friends. I’ve tested the modpack on my computer, and it worked just fine. I have tested with all my friend as well and both the modpack and the server work without any problem. However, one of my friends is having a lot of problems to launch the modpack. We even tried to upgrade her RAM from 6gb to 8gb and we set technic launcher / java settings / memory to 4gb, but nothing worked. We tried to set memory in java settings to 3, 3.5 and 5 as well, with no success. Java is up to date, by the way. She does not have a dedicated graphic card, but one other friend of mine does not have either ant it works fine, so that should not be the problem. And, to make matters worse, we tried to change the modpack, but it seems no modpack will launch at all. The modpack window does open and start to load, but it closes without any error message. Nothing seems to work, for some reason. Does anyone have an idea?

This is a platform pagoda thing, really. TechnicLauncher bugs end when you can open the launcher. Platform pagoda starts when you click start/play on any modpack.

Note: The following is based on experience and the information provided. For better support, provide a techniclauncher log. Use pastebin or paste.ubuntu.com for the log upload.

That said, sounds like she'll have to downgrade her java, considering she doesn't have a dedicated gpu, which implies integrated graphics on the intel cpu, in which case most older cpus have issues with newer java versions. I suppose I can assume her cpu is older, since she only had 6 GB RAM in her computer/laptop?, which is an uncommon amount these days, which thus implies an older computer, thus an older cpu.

Based on the age of her cpu, she'll either have to use java 8u251 or 8u51. I cannot determine from the message if she has a Mac or Windows computer, so I'll provide the 8u251 download link for both OS' here. Close the launcher, install the downloaded java, start the launcher again and select the version under Launcher Options -> Java settings.

Windows: https://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=242044_3d5a2bb8f8d4428bbe94aed7ec7ae784

Mac: https://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/GetFile/1.8.0_251-b08/3d5a2bb8f8d4428bbe94aed7ec7ae784/unix-i586/jdk-8u251-macosx-x64.dmg