Computer Craft got updated!

jcc10

Nothing wrong with turtles. I like servants doing my stuff for me. So yeah, this is probably going to inspire me to learn a bit of lua, or at the very least, steal someone elses code. Maybe one of these turtles is a programming turtle that can program the other turtles. Actually I guess that would be a job for a rat, right?

See what I did there?

Turtles have no vision, so it can't seek out people. It just has to randomly check to see if it's bumped into something it can kill.

And you can easily turn them off (right click, hold ctrl-r) or break them to stop them.

these sound like a greifer's perfect tools, imagine a turtle smashing through your house then killing you and taking everything from your chests. And there would be little way to know who's turtle it is.

What about customizable turtles. You can simply right click different parts with dyes to paint them. Would you mind being slaughtered by a diamond sword wielding turtle sporting a badass rainbow color scheme? :D

these sound like a greifer's perfect tools, imagine a turtle smashing through your house then killing you and taking everything from your chests. And there would be little way to know who's turtle it is.

I don’t think anyone with the sole intention of griefing would be intelligent or patient enough to learn a small bit of lua to destroy someone’s creation.

I don’t think anyone with the sole intention of griefing would be intelligent or patient enough to learn a small bit of lua to destroy someone’s creation.

Perhaps not, but I'm fairly sure someone else would be willing to make and share LUA code for this exact purpose.

Perhaps not, but I'm fairly sure someone else would be willing to make and share LUA code for this exact purpose.

Exactly. Griefing isn't something someone does if given the opportunity. In more cases than not, they work very hard at making that opportunity happen and if it fails, finding other ways.

Playing around with it, excavate got a major upgrade.

Turtle with a silver chest behind it, set to excavate 16. It finished it's first huge area then dropped off at the chest and resumed it's work exactly where it left off.

Kinda makes my quarry programming skills outdated...

Requiring fuel is set to true by default, but that's a quick mod_ccturtle.cfg change.

Turtles could be used to grief unintentionally. I ran a small private server for 6 people and unbeknownst to me one of my friends had started building a base in a cave not too far from my underground turtle quarry. When a human digs through a wall to find themselves in someone else's living room they react, turtles don't, turtles just want to watch the world burn. Before I could notice that turtles had been mining the elusive machine block and insulated wire ores I has swiss cheeseified my buddy's underground macerator/smelting operation.

Turtles could be used to grief unintentionally. I ran a small private server for 6 people and unbeknownst to me one of my friends had started building a base in a cave not too far from my underground turtle quarry. When a human digs through a wall to find themselves in someone else's living room they react, turtles don't, turtles just want to watch the world burn. Before I could notice that turtles had been mining the elusive machine block and insulated wire ores I has swiss cheeseified my buddy's underground macerator/smelting operation.

Hasn't got anything to do with anything, but this single sentence made laugh far, far more than it is psychologically healthy for a normal human.

Anyway, we've been talking a lot about turtles, but what is up with the computers themselves? Also, do monitors look as good as they used to? I just made a new project, and I think I might use one of those fancy screens resuming everything that's going on, like in Backplague's place.