Blockscape

Munaus

• 2 months later...

interesting. I got the slopes mod to work with tekkit 3.1.2 and my client. Some one has already updated it for craftbukkit 1.2.5 so it was all in just finding some free block IDs and getting the configuration file to fully generate :)

This is what we call a necro. See that date at the bottom of the post? The one that says August 4th? Ya this one has been resting in peace and you just went and raised the dead! Who do you think you are, Greenwolf?

This is what we call a necro. See that date at the bottom of the post? The one that says August 4th? Ya this one has been resting in peace and you just went and raised the dead! Who do you think you are, Greenwolf?

Better than making a new thread. Cut him some slack. I doubt this thread has been "resting in peace" because there's actually quite a lot that people can discuss. If they got around to it.

• Moderators

interesting. I got the slopes mod to work with tekkit 3.1.2 and my client. Some one has already updated it for craftbukkit 1.2.5 so it was all in just finding some free block IDs and getting the configuration file to fully generate :)

Pumping his viking muscles, ready to strike

I'm ok with this, if people want to discuss, discuss. That's why I made this thread

Edit. I find it disturbing that this thread has gotten twice more views than my Final Fantasy thread...

I find it disturbing that this thread has gotten twice more views than my Final Fantasy thread...

Well, this is a minecraft based forum board, sort of. In all seriousness though, I will have to get some hands on with this game. The comment above about it being more aesthetically pleasing is spot on.

• Moderators

I just realized that this guy is speaking of modding minecraft.

This is the arcade section, we can speak of any games except minecraft here.

We have enough sections about MC, don't bring it here.

Well, this is a minecraft based forum board, sort of.

Look above

yeah I noticed it has been more than a year since they released the last video. I seriously hope it wasn't and that it works with Lightwave models. I don't code personally, but I do model in lighwave and have over 13 years of experience so....

yeah, that wasl pretty much all bullshit, there was a hype over it someplace, can't remember where...

EDIT: never fucking mind! i was wrong! don't hang me please! linkity link.

It seems like it would be a great step forward but since they haven't said or done much lately, It would appear the Euclideon guys are either working under the radar or it was a hoax.

the problem with euclidiean is that there's far too much PR hype and not enough substance in their press releases. they've certainly got SOMETHING, but it appears to have more limitations than they are letting on. I'd be far more inclined to believe them if the CEO guy wasn't running around talking about infinite this, and unlimited that. you simply can't wave away technical limitations by saying "we've got super great compression!" or "we only render what you can see!". I don't care how much of a genius this guy thinks he is, he has not reinvented the wheel to such an extent that he is essentially a wizard.

basically, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which they have not provided. the interview was nice, but very controlled and light on detail other than the same demo they've been gushing about for years. show me a working game I can download and play on my toaster with your magical engine that runs on unicorns and atoms, then I will believe it.