How long have you been playing, and what made you play Minecraft with Technic?

rhibakuska

hmm... I've been playing Minecraft with Technic pack since Beta 1.7.3 i have seen it on the Yogscast mod spotlight, and i'm instantly hooked. building and all. it's like an expansion, but you have the choice on what will be installed and all.

so, yeah.. and now, i DON'T play minecraft without Technic.

Re: How long are you playing Minecraft with Technic? and what made you play Technic?

I've played it since 1.1 , i've played minecraft for 3 months or so now. I found this by looking on the wiki for mods and it looked way better suited for my tastes then yogcast, so here i am.

Re: How long are you playing Minecraft with Technic? and what made you play Technic?

Since about the same time I joined the forums. Learned about it like most everyone, via the Yogscast and wanted to give it a go. I had played modpacks like NOW, YogsBox, and VoxelBox so I decided to give Technic a whirl. Patched Minecraft with Tekkit 1.1.4 then the next day Minecraft updated and I never got around to using the modded version. Finally decided at a later point... Hey I really should try that technic, so I downloaded the launcher and fell it love with the use of modified spout to provide an all-in-one solution with a separate instance of Minecraft like AdventureCraft and ZombieCraft used. I have been toying around a test world to get used to the pack and plan to try a cheat disabled legitimate world when I feel I know enough to not waste resources.

I DO still play minecraft, mainly the snapshots (Iron Golems and upside down stairs now) as well as some AC and ZC (both of which I posted fixes for to MCFourms only to learn NO ONE READS!!!). Been Playing minecraft since alpha, I think the first version I played was the one that had the F9 nether portal spawning feature (which I didn't learn of till after the update). I love Minecraft's openness and Technics example of how you can expand and improve upon the base game in a fairly easy manor.

Tl;DR: Played since account start date, Found via Yogscast, still play vanilla snapshots, and I'm a raging geek.

Since about the same time I joined the forums. Learned about it like most everyone, via the Yogscast and wanted to give it a go. I had played modpacks like NOW, YogsBox, and VoxelBox so I decided to give Technic a whirl. Patched Minecraft with Tekkit 1.1.4 then the next day Minecraft updated and I never got around to using the modded version. Finally decided at a later point... Hey I really should try that technic, so I downloaded the launcher and fell it love with the use of modified spout to provide an all-in-one solution with a separate instance of Minecraft like AdventureCraft and ZombieCraft used. I have been toying around a test world to get used to the pack and plan to try a cheat disabled legitimate world when I feel I know enough to not waste resources.

I DO still play minecraft, mainly the snapshots (Iron Golems and upside down stairs now) as well as some AC and ZC (both of which I posted fixes for to MCFourms only to learn NO ONE READS!!!). Been Playing minecraft since alpha, I think the first version I played was the one that had the F9 nether portal spawning feature (which I didn't learn of till after the update). I love Minecraft's openness and Technics example of how you can expand and improve upon the base game in a fairly easy manor.

Tl;DR: Played since account start date, Found via Yogscast, still play vanilla snapshots, and I'm a raging geek.

Nice story :) , never tried the voxel box - what does it include , is it good? Also yay im unique by finding the pack somewhere other then yogscast. Also your an long-time player why do some people say minecraft is taking a turn for the worst with all the new updates, what was it like before that was better?

I have been playing Technic / Minecraft since Technic 1.1.4 (Even setup a simple server to play around on) I fell in love almost instantly! Frankly, Minecraft looked like a huge turnoff because of the spectacular Cutting-Edge graphics. I sat down and started to craft and found out what I loved best - Crafting. The Technic pack provides an enormous crafting capability that encourages the player to continually learn and grow.

I found the Technic pack through a search for "top mods to use in minecraft" The technic pack was 2nd on the list below the yogsbox. I enjoyed the yogs box until Technic.. Especially since it was like yogsbox but on steroids. Woot!

Gotta give a shout out to the Technic team here for making me a HUGE fan!

I've been playing Technic on and off since the Yogscast first did their video series on it. The main thing that got me into modpacks was probably the "Now that's what I call Minecraft!" pack, which was unfortunately removed due to lack of permission from the mod authors.

However, I hadn't really participated much in the Technic community until about 2 weeks ago, when I signed up for these forums.

Nice story :) , never tried the voxel box - what does it include , is it good? Also yay im unique by finding the pack somewhere other then yogscast. Also your an long-time player why do some people say minecraft is taking a turn for the worst with all the new updates, what was it like before that was better?

I have to head to class and my reply will be rather long. Think I should start some kind of "Ask a long time player" topic here in Open Discussion as not to take up space being off-topic on here?

I've known about it for awhile. I always played adventure maps or on our SMP server so I really didn't get into it. I finally downloaded it at 5.0.5 and found it to be awesome. like white wimminz.

I've been playing Technic on and off since the Yogscast first did their video series on it. The main thing that got me into modpacks was probably the "Now that's what I call Minecraft!" pack, which was unfortunately removed due to lack of permission from the mod authors.

However, I hadn't really participated much in the Technic community until about 2 weeks ago, when I signed up for these forums.

That was my first modpack too. I have all the copies of it I could get legitimately (I will not say how, it was removed for a reason and the yogsbox is technically the current iteration of it). It was my first introduction to how you could enhance minecraft with multiple mods installed in parallel. Bah! I sound like an old man with all this reminiscing. :P

I have to head to class and my reply will be rather long. Think I should start some kind of "Ask a long time player" topic here in Open Discussion as not to take up space being off-topic on here?

you could pm me :D

i envy the guys who have played those alpha versions, from like 2010 right? oh, it may sound stupid, but is the technic been released before 1.7.3?

you could pm me :D

i envy the guys who have played those alpha versions, from like 2010 right? oh, it may sound stupid, but is the technic been released before 1.7.3?

I am starting a topic here that will have the message I sent and McNostalga will let you give the old alphas a whirl.

Someone who played technic longer then i have will have to answer that.

I've played Minecraft since about August 2010, which seems crazy to think that was nearly two years ago. But, it was about one or two updates before Notch added the Nether, and then a month or two later, Minecraft went into Beta.

It's fun to reminisce though, because I was a pretty huge noob for almost a year. I didn't really become informed, competent at the game, or even begin building things until I started playing SMP. In fact, I didn't even know there was SMP until I saw a video on YouTube. I'd experimented early on with multiplayer servers, but back then I think they only had Classic version, which was interesting, but not my thing yet.

I also played the "That's what I call Minecraft" pack, although it was for a very brief period, and I don't remember much about it. I then of course tried the yogbox, and technic (probably for minecraft 1.8, or 1.7.3), but I was much more focused in SMP so they weren't really developed experiences. I didn't really get into technic, and start figuring out all the mods, until a month or so ago with the version before 6.

Vanilla minecraft has changed enormously since I first started playing, but the main reason I'm playing technic is because it adds so much to the game. It isn't quite the same as playing vanilla for the first time, but the feeling you get when you finally start to understand and master something is a big part of the fun technic brings for me.

I bought a Minecraft account the day before the initial price hike from Alpha to Beta. I would've bought it sooner, but Notch had said he was setting stuff up with various banks so he could take credit cards and not have to deal with PayPal, which I was waiting for, because fuck PayPal. And then when it became clear that whatever he was going to do was not going to happen in time, I bought it anyway.

I know that I played the hell out of Minecraft, and eventually got a bit bored with it. My interest was revitalized when a friend talked up Yogbox, so I played around with that for a while on whichever version was out for Beta 1.8.1. It was neat enough, but Equivalent Exchange really interested me. I did some looking around and eventually learned about Buildcraft and Industrialcraft, and knew I had to have them. Unfortunately, while I was able to install Buildcraft and get it working, I did not have the same amount of success with Industrialcraft. So I spent the time between when I did all that and the launch of Technic 4 practicing with Buildcraft's pipes and engines, making some rather nice self-sustaining glowstone reactors, if I do say so myself.

But once I got started on Technic, it quickly became the only way I could play. Vanilla is just so shallow and boring, and I've got to have my fancy machines to string into needlessly complex mechanisms.