Does anyone else hate the influx of noobs to tekkit since the yogscast started playing?

yeah well thats the problem isn't?

those sorts of comments.

people like you and i do not post things like "lewis and simon are such n00b you could use sand for the roof!"

(a comment i actually seen on their "let's play- survival island" series)

My point is, people like us go under the radar when it the yogcast and technic are involved because we do not post all over their youtube channels with ridiculously immature and just plain dumb comments.

therefore that's all people see, the immatures and kiddies posting crap.

yeah well thats the problem isn't?

those sorts of comments.

people like you and i do not post things like "lewis and simon are such n00b you could use sand for the roof!"

(a comment i actually seen on their "let's play- survival island" series)

My point is, people like us go under the radar when it the yogcast and technic are involved because we do not post all over their youtube channels with ridiculously immature and just plain dumb comments.

therefore that's all people see, the immatures and kiddies posting crap.

I definitely agree with you on the subject of people like us flying under the radar but the problem is that these kids annoy mods and people like us that genuinely want to have a good experience. They're the ones that get noticed! So it doesn't matter that there are fans like us because these kids have no real world experience and don't understand that people can't dedicate all their time to what they want as they have been taught their whole life. To be honest, the internet as a whole is becoming kid-orientated and I am not a fan of it and refuse to sit idly by as things go to s**t. The influx of kids from the yogscast is definitely a huge problem for the technic pack, as valkon stated and valkon's a mod! He knows how annoying and impatient they can be. There's nothing we can do about it now but I definitely see the point that these people are trying to make. Thanks for your input and lol about the sand roof.

Atleast tekkit isn't on console.

"MAKE ME LEADER OF THE PARTY YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME YOU DONT MAKE A MACERATOR WITH IRON YOU MAKE IT WITH MACE ORE"

COME ON GUYS STOP SMELTING THE ORE WE NEED TO MAKE IT INTO ORE DUST BEFORE WE MAKE ANY MACHINES SO THAT WE CAN BE MORE EFFICIENT GOSH

I definitely agree with you on the subject of people like us flying under the radar but the problem is that these kids annoy mods and people like us that genuinely want to have a good experience. They're the ones that get noticed! So it doesn't matter that there are fans like us because these kids have no real world experience and don't understand that people can't dedicate all their time to what they want as they have been taught their whole life. To be honest, the internet as a whole is becoming kid-orientated and I am not a fan of it and refuse to sit idly by as things go to s**t. The influx of kids from the yogscast is definitely a huge problem for the technic pack, as valkon stated and valkon's a mod! He knows how annoying and impatient they can be. There's nothing we can do about it now but I definitely see the point that these people are trying to make. Thanks for your input and lol about the sand roof.

haha, yeah well that's about me done, lol.

By the way, if you havn't already, check out the survival island map with simon and lewis, it's great. lol.

Lol, I love this because I started playing because of Duncan playing tekkit. But I for one know how to make a macerator (and more, don't worry), and don't consider myself a big stupid noob- just a noob.

Not all noobs are annoying- but I wish people would actually watch informative let's plays before they jumped in, or of least look up things on the wiki before making posts about how they 'need help making a generator'.

If it isn't yogscast bringing the noobs it's the even more brain dead noobs who want their buddies to play on their favorite server. I'm talking about that one kid whos like YA I SMOKE WEED LOL TASTES GOOD LOL how does oil???

Super ironic cuz I only recently started playing & shouldn't be posting anywhere at anytime ever.

I only knew about tekkit because of yogscast & I don't even watch yogscast. I got into it because a friend was making a server.

Also to everyone saying "But you were a noob they learn ugh!!" don't know the meaning of noob. A noob is someone who is new but is a lazy little turd muncher who will just yell & scream till he gets what he wants.

A newb however is someone who's new to the game but finds ways to do crap.

I haven't really been exposed to noobs anyways so I don't know why I posted but yeah I hope that clears it up. Don't think OP is hating on every new players just the 7 year olds you want to curb stomp on a lego brick.

Actually, there are 3 types, there are noobs, who keep asking the same questions b/c they are too stupid to figure it out the first few times. there are newbs who ask questions after the have tried to figure things out on there own and use the forums as a last resort, then there are squeakers, those are the one that are the spoiled brats, the ones who annoy you in voice chat and you cant tell if they are male, female, or justin bieber...

The squeaky brats are annoying, agreed. However, I really enjoy the reaction they give when someone tells them that they aren't the center of the universe and that they should try to find a solution before posting in the forums. Grade A entertainment that's completely free. Yes, they're whiny, spoiled brats, but hey, look on the bright side, the Technic community should get rid of the dumb ones: natural selection at work.

The problem is that these kind of people apparently ignore the stickies completely, asking questions that are answered in the "Common Problems and Solutions" thread stickied at the top of each bug board as if they feel they couldn't possibly have a common problem and that theirs must be completely unique to them.

The problem is that these kind of people apparently ignore the stickies completely, asking questions that are answered in the "Common Problems and Solutions" thread stickied at the top of each bug board as if they feel they couldn't possibly have a common problem and that theirs must be completely unique to them.

I said half the problem :P

I still am a newb, but I learn quickly, and running my own 20 slot server has forced me to learn quickly. I don't know how to use allot of things, but i make use of google to figure it out, and what i read in the forums that is already posted. My server host (KBGservers) suggested Tekkit b/c of the mods me and my friends wanted to use and it has been fun learning how diff things work and finding new/better ways to wire things I have made in vanilla MC w/ large circuits.