Does anyone else hate the influx of noobs to tekkit since the yogscast started playing?

It really annoys me that a horde of twelve year olds and tekkit newbies have started to jump straight into tekkit servers without knowing a thing about tekkit, or the newbies that are only playing because the yogscast is, I know they are bringing a bit more activity to the forums and the launcher but it's so annoying to see someone ask me what an electric furnace is for, or how to make a macerator. Anyone agree with me?

"when will tekkit 1.3.1 be out, i want it plz" - I saw that on the minecraft forums...

It really annoys me that a horde of twelve year olds and tekkit newbies have started to jump straight into tekkit servers without knowing a thing about tekkit, or the newbies that are only playing because the yogscast is, I know they are bringing a bit more activity to the forums and the launcher but it's so annoying to see someone ask me what an electric furnace is for, or how to make a macerator. Anyone agree with me?

"when will tekkit 1.3.1 be out, i want it plz" - I saw that on the minecraft forums...

Well, at times it sure is annoying to see the same questions over and over, but if we didn't have those helpless infants, we couldn't have such pearls as those, could we?

Hipster OP is hipster: "I started playing Tekkit before it was cool! These newbies are ruining it - it's too main-stream now!"

I'll admit that the repetitive stream of basic troubleshooting questions is very annoying, but for every clueless newbie there's at least one new, competent player who's enjoying the game and figuring things out on their own. Keep some perspective.

Sidenote: any gaming forum is going to be full of newbies. Minecraft forums have an even higher newbie ratio than that, because a lot of young'uns play Minecraft. As a senior citizen of the internet, guiding them on the path to correct Internet behaviour is part of your job.

Edit: My favourite "clueless newbie" post today is this one - http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/mfe-carts-and-high-speed-rails.18647/#post-138479 . Some netiquette and computer usage training is required!

Is anyone going to point out that once all of us... were NOOBS

The difference is how we handle our noobism. Some trouble shoot their issues, read the wiki's, watch tutorial video's, experiment ingame. Others, who compose the majority of the wave of new players, Create a lazy thread and want their issue to be solved immediately, without any effort or gratitude from their part.

I'm one of those who started playing Tekkit after the Yogscast started their Tekkit 3 series. Clueless newbies only stand out because they attract so much attention to themselves, what with their "omg this doesNT WORK HELP ME" and "HOW DO YOU USE THIS" antics. But there ARE new players who actually DO try and do their own research to find out how things work. It's just that you don't see them as much as you see the clueless ones who don't bother at all.

I only knew about tekkit because of yogscast & I don't even watch yogscast. I got into it because a friend was making a server.

Also to everyone saying "But you were a noob they learn ugh!!" don't know the meaning of noob. A noob is someone who is new but is a lazy little turd muncher who will just yell & scream till he gets what he wants.

A newb however is someone who's new to the game but finds ways to do crap.

I haven't really been exposed to noobs anyways so I don't know why I posted but yeah I hope that clears it up. Don't think OP is hating on every new players just the 7 year olds you want to curb stomp on a lego brick.

@NinjaStyle, Fair enough on the vocabulary, I'll keep it in mind for the future. However,

Emphasis added. The OP A) doesn't draw any distinction between noob and newbie (using one in the title and another in the post). and B) is obviously talking about people who are purely new to the game in general. He never mentioned anything about the new people refusing to listen to experienced folks and is merely complaining about them being new and ignorant.

In fact, he specifically mentions examples of newbies who are asking appropriate questions, not screaming "MAKE THIS ORE SMELT for Me ZOMG!"

So yeah, I learned something today, but he still sounds like a douchebag.

I find little kids on any multiplayer experience to be incredibly annoying. There is the rare gem that isn't, but they should honestly just stick to single player until they grasp the basic concepts of the game they're playing. I did it and wasn't too lazy to look up stuff on my own. The little kid noobs kinda ruin the reputation of the game and I consider people on the technic pack to be of a higher level of intelligence than regular minecrafters. If we have an influx of people that don't even grasp minecraft very well (most yogscast fans) then we have a problem. I definitely agree with this.

I agree with what most of you are saying, but the problem doesn't stem from the yogcast and it is very short sighted to think so.

You would have the problem of obnoxious or unruly players no matter what.

sure youtube series such as what the yogcast do upload wouldnt help the situation, but it is far from the main cause.

I agree with what most of you are saying, but the problem doesn't stem from the yogcast and it is very short sighted to think so.

You would have the problem of obnoxious or unruly players no matter what.

sure youtube series such as what the yogcast do upload wouldnt help the situation, but it is far from the main cause.

You, sir, are a gentlemanly scholar and thank you for enlightening me on the situation. However, it is not short sighted to assume that yogscast is one of the problems considering that most of their fan-base is composed of young kids. I do agree that it sounds mean but the truth's the truth man. I actually enjoy yogscast videos myself but some of the fans have, lets say, below average intelligence.

yeah i enjoy the yogcast more than any other youtube channel based around minecraft. i am 18 years old.

due to your incredibly witty intro to your last post i am assuming you yourself are not a "young kid" or "below average intelligence"

so how is it that the yogcast is the cause of noobs rushing to tekkit?

i just cant understand the logic behind that statement.

It is in fact a quite short sighted statement, being that there are many other ways someone could be introduced to technic/tekkit outside of the yogcast youtube channels and still have no clue what the hell they are doing.

Yogscast isn't the sole source of them, but it is a major one. For one, they have 2 million subscribers, a large portion of which is young children, and that's on the main channel alone. Most of those children have probably watched at least one of the several Tekkit/Technic videos that members of the Yogscast have made, so they're likely to want to play it as well. And then they start screwing things up and end up on the forums seeking help.

yeah i enjoy the yogcast more than any other youtube channel based around minecraft. i am 18 years old.

due to your incredibly witty intro to your last post i am assuming you yourself are not a "young kid" or "below average intelligence"

It is in face a quite short sighted statement, being that there are many other ways someone could be introduced to technic/tekkit outside of the yogcast youtube channels and still have no clue what the hell they are doing.

Thank you for your input but in by previous statement I said "some of the fans" not all of them. People like you and I are the minority in the yogscast community, sad to say. I am 15 and I enjoy their videos and just don't think a majority of their fans are Einsteins based off of comments such as "YAY SIMON" or "DO MORE SHADOW OF ISRAPHEL". These kinds of comments are what I use to judge the average fan of a select fanbase and eventually I draw a conclusion of the average intelligence of the viewers. I do like the yogscast, I just think they brought a storm of little kids that think they can all make jaffa factories haha. Just my opinion I have no intention of offending anyone, especially another yogscast fan with an actual brain.

It is in fact a quite short sighted statement, being that there are many other ways someone could be introduced to technic/tekkit outside of the yogcast youtube channels and still have no clue what the hell they are doing.

So to put it basically, they encourage their young fans to play and then the young fans play, rage, go to forums, rage more, and expect immediate help to every problem like they're royalty or something.