Successor of Tekkit? And lack of Thermal Expansion

Teraku

Looks like it's the equivalent of Tekkit II

Alright, thanks. Makes me wonder what happened to the new Hexxit, though?

Thermal Expansion is noticeably missing in the new Tekkit. Redstone Arsenal seems to be an addon for Thermal Expansion, but without TE, both this mod the modpack itself seems to lack a core machine system (like how Tekkit Classic has IC2 and Tekkit for 1.5.2 has Thermal Expansion). Is this simply an oversight when creating the modpack page's mod list, or is the lack already covered by another mod?

Edited by Teraku

• Moderators

I was certain people were just impatient and couldn't find the machines, but after looking at creative myself I realize that TE is definitely not included.

makes me wonder what CoFH Core does.... and is Railcraft the means for ore doubling- process? Besides Project E

I was certain people were just impatient and couldn't find the machines, but after looking at creative myself I realize that TE is definitely not included.

makes me wonder what CoFH Core does.... and is Railcraft the means for ore doubling- process? Besides Project E

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think they're using any CoFH mods, so they might have simply forgot to include TE.

Regardless I'm pleased about Project E, even though it might not be very balanced.

Edited by Teraku

Redstone Arsenal is a TeamCoFH mod, I'm sure CoFH Core is a dependency.  It's also possible that the pack developers used CoFH Core for the ore generation.

In addition to Railcraft, Engineer's Toolbox has ore-doubling and such.

Given that Hexxit 2 was promised sooner than Tekkit 2 (Although this may have changed when Skuli left, because I think he was the one that was working on that plan) it's possible that Tekkit Legends is intended to succeed Tekkit Classic (I mean, just look at that mod list) as opposed to Tekkit.

Edited by dwwojcik

it's possible that Tekkit Legends is intended to succeed Tekkit Classic (I mean, just look at that mod list) as opposed to Tekkit.

And you know, when the "BRING CLASSIC BACK" crew realizes this, that there shall first be much rejoicing. And then there shall be the crying, for: "THIS ISN'T CLASSIC FOR 1.7.10, YOU SUCK!"

Edited by Melfice

Redstone Arsenal is a TeamCoFH mod, I'm sure CoFH Core is a dependency.  It's also possible that the pack developers used CoFH Core for the ore generation.

In addition to Railcraft, Engineer's Toolbox has ore-doubling and such.

Given that Hexxit 2 was promised sooner than Tekkit 2 (Although this may have changed when Skuli left, because I think he was the one that was working on that plan) it's possible that Tekkit Legends is intended to succeed Tekkit Classic (I mean, just look at that mod list) as opposed to Tekkit.

I'm not entirely sure if Skuli left completely. He said he was leaving around April, but somewhere in July he was still looking for beta testers for the new Hexxit. I forgot about the matter, though.

Tekkit Legends is probably meant to supersede Tekkit Classic (especially now that Railcraft and Forestry is back), but without the stuff that no one really used to its full extent (such as IC2). With Project E, I guess the lack of machines is covered.

Edited by Teraku

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to at least let people know that Iskandar left in the middle of Hexxit 2--he was one of the driving forces behind the orignal. That pretty much caused big delays AFAIK.

(These days I see Isky on the FTB forums; he's already pushed out two new packs on FTB Launcher/Curse Voice: Atonement and Modular Mayhem.)

• 2 weeks later...

the pack it self isnt bad, but the big reactor mod is kinda useless with out having a effectif way of gettign the powe rout of the reactor and usign it in mass with out makign EU from it. i got to say i have never realy been a fan of the mods tha tuse that kind of power but im still missing them big time here.