Fixing the blaze rod exploit

You might look into the NoItem bukkit plugin. Its `noitem.nosmelt.[item]` permission is designed to work on furnaces, but **may** also work on other machines like macerators (which act like furnaces.)

Are you also disabling bonemeal maceration, cow/mooshroom abuse (milk/mushroom stew EMC loops), the flax capacitor (high speed RP2 flax farm), cobble generators, ....

(My approach was just to disable the entire Equivalent Exchange mod. It doesn't balance with the rest of Tekkit.)

You might look into the NoItem bukkit plugin. Its `noitem.nosmelt.[item]` permission is designed to work on furnaces, but **may** also work on other machines like macerators (which act like furnaces.)

Are you also disabling bonemeal maceration, cow/mooshroom abuse (milk/mushroom stew EMC loops), the flax capacitor (high speed RP2 flax farm), cobble generators, ....

(My approach was just to disable the entire Equivalent Exchange mod. It doesn't balance with the rest of Tekkit.)

The bonemeal maceration exploit is very inefficient, cobble generators are useful for other things (Scrap) and if someone wants tons of string, he should have the right to. The cow rape system is something else. Not only is it absolutely immoral, but it's also scarily efficient.

Has anyone come up with a fix for this? does the NoItem plugin work?

I've disabled much of EE, but I'd like to be able to still have the gem of eternal density and the condensers, perhaps even the relay re-enabled. The problem is EE doesn't have a way to edit EMC values or rates.

If NoItem doesn't work, has any brave soul decompiled EE2 and manually changed the values to be balanced with IC2?

Extract TileEntityMacerator.class from the industrialcraft server mod - ic2/common/TileEntityMacerator.class

Open the class in your favourite hex editor and do a search/find for hex values "B2009A08B7".

When it shows you where it found those hex values, change the 08 to a 05 (so it becomes B2009A05B7)

Save the changes and copy the class back into the industrialcraft zip, overwriting the original.

If these instructions do not make any sense, don't attempt it as you can easily break it. It's only a one byte patch though so it should be very straight forward.

This will change the blaze rod macerator recipe so it gives 2 blaze powders instead of 5, so it no longer gives a free emc gain.

Ultimately though you will want to patch a whole lot of things if you are want to balance EE out without removing it.

I'd recommend just disabling EE as well. It has a lot of imbalances, and is also a griefer's heaven. Pretty much anything legit that EE can do can be done by other mods with a little more effort and resources.

Okay, sorry if I step on some toes on my second post, but I absolutely hate useless f'n posts like this. If I wanted to disable EE, I'd f'n disable it. I (along with some others apparently) want to FIX the issue, not turn our backs on it completely. So posts like this are useless freakin clutter that you could have just kept to yourself.

Ugh... anyways -

Extract TileEntityMacerator.class from the industrialcraft server mod - ic2/common/TileEntityMacerator.class

Open the class in your favourite hex editor and do a search/find for hex values "B2009A08B7".

When it shows you where it found those hex values, change the 08 to a 05 (so it becomes B2009A05B7)

Save the changes and copy the class back into the industrialcraft zip, overwriting the original.

If these instructions do not make any sense, don't attempt it as you can easily break it. It's only a one byte patch though so it should be very straight forward.

This will change the blaze rod macerator recipe so it gives 2 blaze powders instead of 5, so it no longer gives a free emc gain.

Ultimately though you will want to patch a whole lot of things if you are want to balance EE out without removing it.

I'd love to do that, but I do believe it would require the client to get this mod as well? Or could they be as normal, and the server just doesn't give them the expected 5? Also, there are quite a few items that need the same fix. My ideal situation would be to leave IC2 alone, but modify the EMC values so that they aren't 'cheaty' anymore (though they'd lose EMC if they convert rods to powder via non-ic2 methods)

I was really hoping that someone else may have figured out a way to either disable maceration of certain objects (they can use a crafting table for most anyways for the legit result), or if someone has already make a 'patch' mod that takes care of all of the abusive recipes for either mod.

Okay, sorry if I step on some toes on my second post, but I absolutely hate useless f'n posts like this. If I wanted to disable EE, I'd f'n disable it. I (along with some others apparently) want to FIX the issue, not turn our backs on it completely. So posts like this are useless freakin clutter that you could have just kept to yourself.

Sorry you feel that way. But you see, the issue is EE itself. If you end up fixing this exploit, your players will find another. EE has loads of them. And then you'll be back here crying to us to fix that one as well. Just trying to save you some time with a real solution. But if you want to continue banging your head against the wall in an attempt to fix a nuclear blast with a bandaid, by all means, go ahead.

I'd love to do that, but I do believe it would require the client to get this mod as well? Or could they be as normal, and the server just doesn't give them the expected 5? Also, there are quite a few items that need the same fix. My ideal situation would be to leave IC2 alone, but modify the EMC values so that they aren't 'cheaty' anymore (though they'd lose EMC if they convert rods to powder via non-ic2 methods)

No the client doesn't require the mod for this.

Basically I gave this solution to you as a very quick and easy fix for your original problem.

I have quite a lot of modifications to EE on my server, the EMC value of the blaze rods isn't one of them. Changing one EMC value can have an affect on others as its mostly not a case of item=xxx emc. It's often item = other_item_emc * 2 + another_item_emc and so on. So you need to actually look at the flow on effects of each change.

EE is a can of worms. I've spent a lot of time balancing it out for my needs. You might be better off disabling it altogether.

Once you fix this people will just move to another trick. So unless you spend a serious amount of time balancing it - it's not really worth fixing just one thing.

can you tell me the hex value of a bone as it does it with bones to? thanks would like to change emc of that to

• 4 weeks later...

The EE config file is a joke. It groups several items together, which limits the possibility of customizing your server.

EE, in general, is a very disappointing mod. The only reason it's not completely disabled on my server is because some people love it.

• 1 month later...

The bonemeal maceration exploit is very inefficient, cobble generators are useful for other things (Scrap) and if someone wants tons of string, he should have the right to. The cow rape system is something else. Not only is it absolutely immoral, but it's also scarily efficient.

Cobble gens and water bucket gens are extremely slow to gain EMC. The problem with string is that it can be made into diamond.

Mooshroom milkers are utterly(no pun intended) absurd. My friend made a 5x3x5 one, tilable to 5x4x5, that gains a diamond every 6.4 seconds, over 9 diamonds a minute, or a redmatter in 6 minutes. He made an array of HV solar arrays, then a large amount of quantum stuff.

also, keeping a cow in a cage, milking 5 metric tonnes out of it PER SECOND using a giant pincer machine isn't exactly nice to the cow...