Items that uses alot of RAM and CPU

DoctorSLO

Hi.

After 2 weeks of game I've noticed that my server crashing at least 1 time per day, the exception is out of memory. I decided to upgrade the memory, but I also want to get some advices from experienced OPs.

So, what items do you suggest to block on server, that causes lag, "eat" more resources (RAM, CPU). (I have already disabled EE, EnderStorage, RailCraft and nukes)

I've seen on my server at least 2 stone generators (the things with lava, water and block breakers).

Does this causes alot of lag, should I disable them, or what can cause the out of memory exception.

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Minecraft in general is a resource hog, adding mods and plugins just enhances the issue. I personally make it a habbit to implement automated restarts every X hours just to help clunky Java with releasing my precious resources.

There are several threads around here regarding the affect on TPS/etc of the different mods and the different parts of these mods. To your question, I'm trying to identify "leaks" or hogs myself in order to optimize things a bit more.

I've personally blocked block breakers blocked from breaking cobble and snowtops to stop the infinite cobble/snow golem farms.

install nolagg, it can group spilled items into manageable amounts.

NoLagg also has properties that do the reverse of what it's name says. It can cause lag on Tekkit servers as well. I did have it installed for some time and properly configured, but as soon as I moved to 3.1.2, NoLagg to a shit on my server and I was forced to remove it. I just use ItemStacker now to compress items that fall to the ground. Has worked just fine.

install nolagg, it can group spilled items into manageable amounts.

BeastNode installed NoLagg on my server as I told them that I had some crashing issues. It made the problem worst. Crashes we're more frequent, some items were dissapearing when dropped, etc. Use ItemStacker as Phuriousgeorge said.

BuildCraft, Its a lag fest, you can disable parts of it to help

Also ban world anchors and dimensional anchors but apart from that

I run a Intel Xeon 1230 3.4ghz 8gb Ram server with only some items banned ( nothing like redpower just tools and world anchors)

and it can run smoothly for 24 hours then it starts to jutter in which we restart it before that happens, We have 50+ people on at all times and 100+ for nearly 6 hours a day and theres practicaly no lag, items dont cause the most lag ive found to stop lag is to smooth plugins out remove hitches etc and to jump on a error as soon as you see it otherwise i suggest banning,

World Anchors/Dimensional Anchors

Nukes

Build Craft ( Only In Extreme As Everything in Buildcraft can be done in redpower with less lag)

Also using /stoplag everyone once in a while helps as it removes all drops so stops server getting overloaded with dirt and stone :P

And also we have Nolagg on 3.1.2 doesnt hinder our performance

Nolagg is a huge problem plugin. Is has more problems than it solves. If this has to do with tekkit or some mods. No clue

but we removed nolagg a while back and the server is a lot smoother. Like sed above look into Spigot. Its more light wait then Craftbukkit++. It has a bit less functions but then again you probably dont need all of those but yeah.