Technic Battles Redux

Oh sorry ill play again, and am in central US time

And if you're going to wipe the server, please wipe it ASAP now that it's been announced. There's very little or zero motivation to build anything on a server that has a known wipe date in the near future, so the clock is ticking, and people will begin to get bored and leave the server for good the longer it takes.

From personal admin-ery experience.

Does Saturday work? I want a little time for people to post time zones.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, I'm really confused.

1) Why would players need to be online for a map wipe (re: mike above)?

2) Why would time zones make companies more fair?

3) What does a "fair" company even mean? It's a non competitive server...

4) Assuming it were competitive, time zones don't tell you much about who is online together. I'm in central US and mostly see dutch people since i play in the later morning and they are after dinner.

5) Why do we even have companies anyway? Most people never built with their company, and when they did, they obviously didnt want to abide by the rules of the seemingly arbitrary company CEOs anyway (for example, almost everybody using EE and almost all CEOs saying they dont like EE).

Personally I'd wipe it like half an hour from now, or however long it takes to install a rollback plugin. And worry about companies later as an optional thing / whatever.

If no one can be on except one person, it is unfair. When we started the server it was most people on the server at the same time, andrew probably wants something similar for a restart. If you can't understand why it is best for people of the same company to be on at the same time, then I don't know what to tell you. You don't need to be part of a company, most of us like it.

If no one can be on except one person, it is unfair. When we started the server it was most people on the server at the same time, andrew probably wants something similar for a restart. If you can't understand why it is best for people of the same company to be on at the same time, then I don't know what to tell you. You don't need to be part of a company, most of us like it.

I mean fine, make companies. But why does lining people up in companies require sitting around for 3 days with dead server time (it's basically the same as not having it online for 3 days straight, which is quite awhile in minecraft)?

There's no particular reason why you can't shift people around to companies as they log back on. In fact, it would be both

A) more effective than asking people's timezones (since timezone doesn't say much about who you are online with, if one person likes to play at 3AM and another after dinner) AND

B) Much easier for everybody to organize anyway. All you'd have to do is place a few simple signs at spawn, that say "Hey, you just logged on to the new server! Is this when you normally log on? If so, look up what time it is RIGHT NOW in greenwich mean time. If if is 0:01-6:00, please consider joining M-Tech. if it is 6:01-12:00, please consider joining warptech, if it is 12:01-18:00, please consider joining blobture..."

In addition to having less downtime.

I'm really serious about the risk of being offline for long periods of time. It is deadly to player counts, almost always.

Like I said the reason for current down time is to try to get everyone on when the server starts, just like the beginning. The rest would be andrews decision, but if that is how he wants to do it, let him. This is his server.

?? wat.

He just said that the reason for timezones was to make the companies "more fair" which presumably means making people in a company online together in general.

Now you're saying the reason is so everybody can be together for a grand opening event? i don't see that mentioned anywhere.

Alright whatever, I'm not participating in this anymore. Andrew: I personally suggest wiping the server literally as soon as possible, like however long it takes to install new mods and hit "delete" on the world files. Any extra time means more people get bored while they wait, join another server, get hooked, never come back.

Getting everybody online at once for a grand opening, if that's even a real thing that's planned right now, seems not at all worth the risk, and I would personally suggest not doing that.

That is all. imma go play on SSP for a new idea.

alright guys, sorry i havent been online. (holy mooshroom, school is catching up with me!)

mikegigs, i did not grief your nether Blaze XP farm. i found it, and used it for a bit. i was asking because its a real shame that XP grinder is griefed. etho makes good contraptions.

andrew, my timezone is pacific standard (i think) aka Canada, British Columbia.

Battle_bas, i am now catching up with all the homeworks and i will be online for now.

i also think that a reset is in order. ever since i set up the UU-matter factory, life on the server has been one big misery, with nothing fun to do anymore now that i have quantum armour. also i agree with Gavjenks, the companies are stupid, because no one ever does company stuff together anymore.

-cannonfodder1

Sigh, I'm really confused.

1) Why would players need to be online for a map wipe (re: mike above)?

2) Why would time zones make companies more fair?

3) What does a "fair" company even mean? It's a non competitive server...

4) Assuming it were competitive, time zones don't tell you much about who is online together. I'm in central US and mostly see dutch people since i play in the later morning and they are after dinner.

5) Why do we even have companies anyway? Most people never built with their company, and when they did, they obviously didnt want to abide by the rules of the seemingly arbitrary company CEOs anyway (for example, almost everybody using EE and almost all CEOs saying they dont like EE).

Personally I'd wipe it like half an hour from now, or however long it takes to install a rollback plugin. And worry about companies later as an optional thing / whatever.

Companies are the point of the server. Time zones wouldn't make them more "fair", they make it so the companies can collaborate. Reset wise, I would like to set up companies first.

By the way, did anybody ever kill the End dragon on this map? DO NOT visit the end right now (you will crash with an internal server error probably and not be able to log on... >.>) but I found the landmass and there was no dragon but also no exit gate...? I've been on other multiplayer servers before with dragons. What was up with that?