Issue with IC2 power

FrodoSweggins

Question

So, my IC2 power setup currently consists of 2 Geothermal Generators and a LV solar panel. I have them both inputting into an MFE, which outputs directly into a LV-transformer, and from the LV-transformer come the wires which input into my various machines. The problem I seem to be having is that when my MFE is full it stops outputting power, but when it's emptying or filling it outputs power. Is this a bug, or am I doing it wrong?

4 answers to this question

Is your MFE by any chance set to emit a redstone signal when full? If so, the signal is probably switching the LV-transformer from step down to step up mode, switching the input side to an output side and the output sides to input sides.

Hmmmm, I believe your problem is that you are leaving the area so the chunk gets unloaded, try this : http://ftbwiki.org/Chunk_Loader I might be wrong tho.

No, this is happening when I'm in the area of my machines. Even then I have a chunk loader already running in the same room. It's not that everything is pausing, as is characteristic of an unloaded chunk, it's the fact that the MFE, despite being full on power and properly positioned is just not outputting power unless the power value is moving.

Is your MFE by any chance set to emit a redstone signal when full? If so, the signal is probably switching the LV-transformer from step down to step up mode, switching the input side to an output side and the output sides to input sides.

That was it. I thought I'd switched it back when I misclicked and hit the button, but obviously not. Thanks.