BC pipes to tubes and back again

Lothos

I cannot for the life of me get a transition between these two systems to work. I am told the be all end all answer is supposed to be the RP relay box. Which is fine. I have 2 relays at 2 locations both receiving just fine. One from tubes the other from pipes. Neither however is ejecting into the tube/pipe behind them to transition. I have tried blutricity to them as well as redstone pulses.

Transposer wont work as it only connects to tubes on its back.

Buffer behaves the same as the relay.

Ejector would not work for stacks.

the point of the redpower machines is to BE a chest. I got it working after fighting it all day.

First, relays cannot output to BC pipes. They go to eject the item from their inventory and then jam. Same thing happens if they have an item that has no valid tube destination too though.

Second, i had to use a screwdriver to spin the other relay 360 before it would wake up and start working ejecting to the tubes. I still don't know what there.

Yes, the relays were pointing the wrong way. They are designed to spit out any item in their inventory automatically. The side they spit out from is the small hole on the grey side. There needs to be a valid inventory down the line, or else the relay will hold onto its items until there is somewhere to send it. You could also have a buildcraft pipe dropping its items into free-fall over the mouth of a transposer/filter with the small hole of the transposer/filter connected to a pipe. To reverse the process, just send the item to a transposer/filter with it's big hole facing the pipe and its little hole facing an obsidian tube.

well the only ways i know are the RP Relay(Pipes to tubes) as already stated.

The other one would be the immbis tubestuff buffer(the one not crafted with iron bars) it out puts stacks to pipes and pulses an redstone signal if you want to extract stuff with a filter et.

I didn't use it yet but it sound like the one thing you are looking for

pipe to relay to tube works just fine. I don't know why mine bugged when placed initially, I had it with the proper direction placed as I know which side is the output. The relay requires no redstone, it simply spits out what comes in.

As for the immbis buffer, it seems to behave identically to the relay with the same restrictions. No output to pipes.

mh on immbis thread it says:

You can fill it with items with pipes or tubes, or even manually, just like a chest.

If you put a wooden pipe, gold pipe, or basic logistics pipe next to the buffer, it will output one stack of items into the pipe every few seconds (depending on the number of empty slots - 5 seconds when empty, 0.5 seconds when full)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1001131-125-immibiss-mods-smp-tubestuff-4920-core-4922-da-rev4/

I use Immibis' Tubestuff Buffers for this.

The documentation is sketchy, but here's how to use them:

jpP5s.jpg

The buffer has two nice properties:

1) When outputting to a Buildcraft pipe network, it outputs a stack at a time. This is much better than a wooden engine, which outputs one item at a time (entity lag, ahoy!)

2) The output rate rises to match the input rate. When there's nothing in it, it only outputs once every 5000 msec. When it's full, it outputs every 500msec.

/thread.

No

Theres another fairly simple way of doing RP2 to BC that I didn't see mentioned, and that's the transposer to obsidian pipe method. Direwolf20 has this setup in his SMP LP somewhere. This along with the relay are 2 simple and compact ways of doing it without going outside of the 2 mods. I'm not saying this is the best way, but it takes fewer items (I think) than the buffer does.