No Technic Pack Sounds (Not a bug report)

Adlersch

I've read and tried all bug report methods, and so I've come to the conclusion that my computer is hopelessly idiotic.

And as such, since I have deleted, redownloaded, and otherwise recreated my resources folder, I'd dearly like my Technic sounds back.

Things I have tried:

• Reinstalling the launcher after removing it completely from my system (Save for backups of worlds)
  • Deleting my resources folder so Technic 'borrows' it from vanilla
  • Redownloading non-launcher vanilla (Works there)
  • Copy/Pasting my resources folder from non-launcher vanilla, where the sounds work
  • Changing my RAM usage from 1.5 GB to 1 GB (Better FPS I've noticed, but still no sound)
  • Waiting as Minecraft downloads the sounds 'on the fly,' to no avail.

After all this effort, I've essentially given up. I'd appreciate sounds, at least vanilla sounds, so that I can hear mobs, my footsteps, the little things that made Minecraft magical and immersive - things that I need in order to experience immersion and, after losing them, things I need to regain any serious interest in the Technic Pack or Minecraft.

So my real question is, can someone toss me a copy of their 'resources' folder? Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Maybe we'll just cobble together a new solution that will work so that when someone posts a bug report on this we can answer it accurately (As I've seen no common working solutions to this issue as of yet).

Why did you post this in the arcade section?

Where else would I post this? Launcher bugs? This isn't a bug report, this isn't a 'general Minecraft' problem (It works in vanilla) and it's not specific to any modded Minecraft (ie. Tekkit/Technic/Hack/Mine...). Plus I'm not asking for a guide on something (Encyclopedia Technica), so it'd either fit here (As gameplay and game-related discussion) or Off-Topic.

It's pretty heavy (53MB), so it'll take a while to upload. I'll post the link when it's up.

Also, just to be sure, it's mainly the minecraft.jar that is illegal to distribution, right? I wouldn't want to go against any piracy rules.

No need to bother, Jorcer has already kindly sent me his resources folder. If that doesn't work, then sending me a working folder obviously isn't the answer.

No luck - it simply will not work for whatever reason. It's frustrating and makes it difficult to keep an interest in Minecraft if I can't enjoy the immersion of sound.

Wait, even if you literally delete the techniclauncher folder (backinp up worlds) and you reinstall everything from scratch, it wont work, but it does with vanilla MC? This make no sense to me...

Hopefully andre'w idea will work, but if it doesn't, the only thing I could think about is some audio card problem? Maybe it recognizes MC but not Technic, or something like that? It's just a theory based on how video cards sometimes forget about technic but not MC.

It worked before an update of some sort (Can't remember atm, don't really care all too much), but doesn't now. In any case, removed MATMOS and I'll see if it starts playing sounds - although it isn't as of yet.

Have you tried everything over there?

http://windows7themes.net/minecraft-no-sound-fix-for-windows-7-vista-xp-mac.html

Start with the last, btw.

No. Normal .minecraft vanilla will work, but nothing included in .techniclauncher will work - at least soundwise.

You tried deleting the techniclauncher folder, did you try downloading a new version of the launcher itself? If you have, I'm getting a little stuck there. :/

Yup yup. Like I said, every possible option. It's weird, it's annoying and I have no idea how to fix it.

The weirdest is really that the launcher vanilla doesn't work either. At least it means that it isn't a problem caused by a mod.

You could always installing 51 mods on your vanilla MC...

The weirdest is really that the launcher vanilla doesn't work either. At least it means that it isn't a problem caused by a mod.

You could always installing 51 mods on your vanilla MC...

Yeah, lemme just dump all of them in the .jar. That'll turn out well. :P

I dunno, I'll see if it's a persistent problem in the next update - it may well be my hardware.

Yeah, lemme just dump all of them in the .jar. That'll turn out well. :P

I dunno, I'll see if it's a persistent problem in the next update - it may well be my hardware.

Hm, tried using a version old enough you're sure the sound worked back then? It might be a work-around until then.