LagMeter is a LagCreator!

greedseed

Oke a lot of you more experianced Server owners know that Nolagg is plugin that creates more issues then it solves.

Now we had simular issues with the plugin "Lagmeter"

We installed this plugin on Both our servers and since then both our server started having random lag spikes. TP/S Drops and even to the point that Ticks got to 1 - 0.5 Witch made the servers unplayable and even crash.

After looking around for 3 days and not getting any fix we just removed LagMeter and that fixt everything in a instant! No more drops no more crashes not the slitest hint of lag.

So for you who use Lagmeter, look into it and if needed remove it!

Hope this will help at least some of you out there!

Man, just disable everything on NoLagg and you won't have problems. Just use it for the plugin examiner and tps and it's fine. LagMeter constantly polls your server which is why that plugin sucks.

Otherwise, if you run commandbook you can just /debug clock.

Hidden

let me tell my main post more clearly to you :)

Nolagg sucks in EVERY WAY. and i was pointing to EXPERIENCED server owners seems you are not one of those

if you want to keep fighting you are in for a shitstorm but oke. Seems like you never ran Nolagg or Lagmeter on a 50 player server... since then you would know nolagg will ALWAYS have backdrops running EVEN IF you disable EVERYthing in config !

I'm not trying to poke, but I instead agree. Just saying disable everything and it's fine.

Kinda funny he doesn't think I have any experience though ;)

Edit: I don't know man, but we have fucking amazing server hardware. Maybe that's why we can run it even with "backdrops" running. The plugin used to be like 10 jars and now it's one jar, but modular.

If you have trouble with 50 players on your server, you should be upgrading your hardware instead of worrying about 1 plugin.

Or run CommandBook as I said in my post. Surely you trust sk89q's coding?

Nolagg sucks in EVERY WAY. and i was pointing to EXPERIENCED server owners seems you are not one of those

Shaping up to be a P.A.I.N.S brawl here.

i would love to start a pains brawl to this guy. i daresay im quite experienced with being a server owner.

need proof? go to the "server op swap shop". click "usefull links/guides" and click "so you've got yourself a tekkit server?"

Hidden

I run the #1 server on Minestatus and tekkitserverlist so I have plenty of experience.

Disable everything in NoLagg except the examiner and it's fine.

you running bMC? or Tekkify ? meh dream on little kid ;) check Deluxe server list then open that dump again!

And you think it is only about loads do you ? well its not! its all about java. i cant say anything about nolagg on Vanilla but on tekkit it is awfull! and that is with or without disabeling it completeley but if you want to act like a fucking gaylord go on! at least i post my findings and my experiences on this forums without acting like a dipshit and trying to act up like a little child like you do mister " i own Nr1 server of da world"

No one cares about the deluxe server list in this thread but you (no offense mods). This is a nice place to get recognition for your hard work, but 99.999999999999999999% of our users come from other avenues. You were the one attacking me because I have no 'experience'. Log on bMC and I'll happy ban your arrogant ass to prove that I run that place. I gave you 2 solutions to your problem and you ignored them both. I even posted a parse of the plugin for you and you have given no physical proof that in fact NoLagg causes issuses. You just said "It sucks in EVERY WAY" Which ways again? That's so vague and unhelpful. We can bust out VisualVM and we'll see the same results. All you have are complaints from other users here (none of which disabled all the features of NoLagg) to back up your nonsense.

Next time you post, don't be so negative when someone responds with alternatives. You're the one having the isssues: not me.

So i see there are alot of opinions going around, whats good, whats bad, howto log CPU usage, threadusage and alot more. I try to avoid this usually, but sometimes, well I feel some statements done are wrong:

1: Those that monitor plugin and modusage on a higher level, knows that the hardware most "highend servers" have, can handle upto 500 players IF running vanilla.

Here you can see how heavy NoLagg is with everything disabled:

It's taking a whopping 14ms. Compare this to LWC's 34ms, ChestShop's 35ms, WorldGuard's 79ms... I think you get the point.

No offence, but you seems to be one of rather few ppl knowing whats going on. You should also know, that those numbers are MINOR to whatever mods can generate. Those can be off the roof at some parts. Also, most average serverowners have no idea what those numbers means if not put into the large context (but ill not go into that right now).

2: You CANT, i have to say CANT ever rely to that its a plugin creating any TPS drop if you CANT know if the same chunks are loaded. Really, the mods are more heavy than any plugin out there (beside those coded into crappyness). If you cant recreate the enviroment of that plugin exactly as before (without same chunks loaded), almost any statement is false (exepctions those that actually knows howto log)

3: Nolagg vs Lagmeter. Well, this part might be more tricky. Nolagg, with all dissabled is the same as Lagmeter. However the itemstacking is still in somewhat of effect, even if its dissabled. Both plugins will do the same, beside that those using NoLagg will have some players still complaining that eighter some items are not dropping on mining or vanishing. In general, dont really know howto setup plugins, just use LagMeter, they both do the same (for issues refer to 2)

4: TPS drops are modrelated in 95% of all cases, 4% relates to Hamatchi and the remaning 1% are those adding plugins that seems cool, without reading feedbacks of them pre adding them

5: Voting for servers is whatever you make it to. Give out 3 diablocks pr vote, why wont ppl vote? Really, more rewards you give, more votes you get. Its not the standar that people vote for quality, they vote for amount. (i might get a few negative feedbacks on this one).

these are mostly chosen for nice looking posts.(snipped) but i don't care if a server is in that list or not. as pherce said, no one really does exept blind asses such as youself.

U get a cake AND a diamond for that!

You are right, this is just a sample of what a plugin can truly output. ChestShop for example can have a heavy PlayerInteractEvent, but I have NEVER seen NoLagg spike while running with everything disabled. Sadly, I spend too much time searching for lag on a day-to-day basis and can produce upwards of 10 examines a day to backup this statement. Gotta love the college life...

Bottom line, if you don't want to run either NoLagg or LagMeter you can run CommandBook for their debug. Everyone and their mother trusts WorldGuard and WorldEdit by sk, so CB should be right up your ally of reliability. You also probably want to disable most things on that plugin, or just set the priority event to low in the config.

Oh, and greed, I am still waiting for you to sign on...BUDDY.

Edit: And yes, IC2 is the laggiest piece of shit in the Tekkit pack, but no one would ever dare remove that mod on their server.

NoLagg usually dont spike and does TPS issues, it generate player frustration. Really, thats the huge downside of NoLagg, the itemdropbuffer. It dont work as intended, and you just get players complaining. Sad fact is that it will still do the action, even if all is dissabled. Not as bad but well ... its still there.

I just cant stress enough, you CANT say that a plugin drags the TPS down, you just cant. If your server runs fine sometimes, and sometimes it dont, well, its a playergenerated structure of some sort making server drown. Plugins are usually constant, especially plugins in referal here. They dont generate TPS drops over time (in most cases).

EDIT: IC2 isnt the laggiest i would say. Redpower i would put as Nr1 if "done wrong"

thanks sponge for the cleare up ;)

we dont need a TPS meter anyway i can see everything from SSH but its was handy for some of my mods who dont have acces to the SSH server.

its just we had this same issue from the TPS drops with nolagg ( everything disabled) thats why i know this issue is there.

It will drag down your server in strange ways but oke just to get it out there if some others have similar issues and have this plugin, maybe this helps out!

But still funny that with Lagmeter - Nolagg the server is VERY unstable and runs only up to 8 hours before it needs a reboot

but just by removing these of your plugins we run the server for 3 to 5 days at a time with no issues at all !

If random its based on chunks loaded, easy as that. Plugins refered to are working constant, they really dont change.

You are having chunks loaded at random times (read players tend to log on at same times every day) that drags your TPS down.

TPS meters are mostly used for those thats capable of monitoring whats going on, if yoou cant monitor it, well, u honestly dont need something checking it, as it wont help you, ever.