[3.1.2]TMAC's Server![Survival/Creative/Portal/RPG][50 Slots][22 Ex Plugins][Some Banned Items]

TMAC_Kratos

The server will be going whitelisted for around a month starting today, 11/8/12, For now with new games coming out and everything during the fall gaming season, i do not have the time to host a tekkit server due to all the items that do not log which can cause griefing. This will mean the server will be down for around 2 months or so then reinstated as a vanilla server on 1.4.2. There will still be this major ranking system and all the worlds though the worlds will most likely be reset again. I will be putting a approximation countdown on tmachq.net for when the server will be back up. A vanilla server is easier to handle since plugins can stop griefing on a vanilla servers. Also once the vanilla server opens all worlds will be opened including the RPG_World (hopefully). Once the server goes down this forum post will be inactive until the server comes back up which will just to post the new forum topic where the server will be posted at. Thank you all for playing on our server and I know we will lose just about everyone, but this will just be easier on us admins that like to do other things rather then watch the worlds 24/7 and having to ban around 10 people a day for griefing. Also the new server will have the banned players list reset. Which means everyone can get back on the new server. Please look for the new server once it comes back public.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. Im sorry but this is terrible! TMAC is the best server out there just because it did so much right! The grefing wasn't bad and the trusted world was an amazing addition! You had the best server out there! why not just whitelist it to people that you know will do no harm and leave it at that? People need a server like this! This is the best server out there! Ditching it now after being so successful is the worst thing you could do. No one from tekkit ever goes back to vanila. When you start that new server you are going to get on world and wonder where the rubber trees are. Where the copper and tin is. You are going to hate it. Doing this after knowing what tekkit is is like going from five star restaurants to dumpster diving. Minecraft is an incredible game but it's not tekkit. Don't do this. Make it community run! Trust more people with the position of admin! The solution to get the stress off your admins is not to shut down, its to get help! Many people like myself can do this without a problem! You just need to trust us! I know this is a lot to ask being a random guy you don't know, but I know what people want and this server is that! This server means something to people. don't take that away. I hope you can find the solution to your problem some how but this is not the way.

- elitehater28, signing off.

@lukeb28

The griefing was actually unbearable, about every day we found someone that did some sort of griefing and every time one of us gets on after about 5-10 mins you'll see 2-5 new people banned, it's ridiculous. The process to having another admin on our server is so tedious and we couldn't think of adding more admins without trust, we can't just add people that we somewhat trust to admin when the slightest tick could have our whole server within a few minutes while either Kratos and I are gone, there has even been times where that's happened between Kratos and I. If it was possible to add someone to admin with the 100% guarantee that nothing bad will happen because of it, we'd do it in a heartbeat. Especially in this era of gaming where 80% of gamers are either trolls, griefers or both. If we change to Vanilla, it would still be so much easier on our shoulders. I'm not sure if you've been on the server the same time as me, but everytime somebody asks me about something regarding tekkit, I usually don't have an answer for them, because there's so much stuff in tekkit I just know the regular stuff. I'll be able to fix things easier when Kratos is asleep so that he won't have to fix things that happened hours ago. I know pretty much every body that was on our server before will not go back to Vanilla, but it is a more comfortable and easier server to manage. We are very appreciative to hear that you guys thought our server is the best, we really are. But as far as the greifing/complaining that goes on our server every single day... there's only so much we can take before we can't tolerate any more of the ridiculous people that just live off of messing with other people's servers. And although it's very unlikely that you guys will come back after this, our server will be open to you guys whenever you want on Vanilla in about 2 months.

Thank you for reading,

DeathAngel

Well then im sorry to say this will be my last post on this form. This has been an awesome server and I am sad to see it be shut down. I hope that you will have fun on your new server and that many people will come back. You were great admins and I hope one day you will come back to tekkit. The day you do is the day TMAC will be my primary server again. Thanks for the great world.

For the last time,

elitehater28, signing off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@etraxeon

You will continue getting that errors for 1 of 2 reasons.

1) You are trying to use the technic launcher that runs at 1.2.5 and my server is running 1.4.5. Which if you read previous comments you would know we are moving away form tekkit due to griefing problems since our server is too big.

or

2) It is because my server is currently white listed for maintenance

Please keep an eye on the server at tmachq.net. Also an eta for the server opening back to public can be found at: LINK

@moderngamer327

Good to here you want to stay. An eta for the reopening can be found at: Link

Feel free to sign up at: tmachq.net and post a reply over at: Link so we won't remove you off lists.

@all who do not want to go to the website

The eta for the reopening of the server is going to be by Christmas day at 5pm pst.

The server is going to be running bukkit version 1.4.5-R0.3

Bukkit is a vanilla mod where you can join with with the normal Minecraft client. You will not be able to join with the Technic launcher since the Technic launcher runs at 1.2.5

We will also have spout plugin enabled which will most likely have two of our worlds require Spoutcraft. Eventually the server may require Spoutcraft period to join. Spoutcraft in junction with Spout plugin allows for custom items and such.

For the final to do list for when the server will open please refer to: LINK

@moderngamer

Currently we only have custom items and some bukkit plugins

Flans mod is a client side mod which for now on we are trying to stay away from.

Once we move over to spoutengine, we will be haveing many more mods like buildcraft and such, but there is still a couple of months before that happens.

well good to see you know what you are doing. i hope more people stay. not to mention i wont be-able to be there for the opening, going on vacation don't have a fast-enough laptop.and i think i know something that you might be interested it's called ghostcraft it's a mod, basically one person is a ghost, you cant see him the other people are normal and you have to try and defeat the ghost, all you can see is black particles, i think this would be a great server not for this one but another and you don't half to worry about griefing just cheating(example hacked clients and/or x-ray texture to see the ghost. by the way what is TMAC and what does it stand for

@moderngamer327

TMAC is an abbreviation for a clan me and my best friend created around 1999, that was originally in UT99. It stands for The Mess Around Clan.

You would need to find a spout or bukkit equivalent of that mod at either bukkit.org or spout.org and post this suggestion under the server suggestions on the website.

Once the server opend we will have a bunch of anti-cheat things on to counter x-ray and other hacked client abilities. We are still doing alot of testing with Bukkit 1.4.5-R0.3 because we want to have the server updated to that, but there is a possibility we will be stuck on 1.4.5-R0.2 for a while due to a massive change in the bukkit api where they versioned nms and obc packages. A lot of plugins use nms for alot of features that the bukkit api doesn't provide which made a lot of plugins break. Once all plugins working on that we will be updating the server more. Also with 1.4.6 (The new years update) coming soon it may delay the reopening of the server.

Found to down falls of that. It is a server side mod which means you cant be using bukkit or anything else with it. The second would be it is in a closed paid beta. Those two things put together means we will prolly never get it unless, there is a bukkit or spout version of it made as i stated before.

Edit if you want to continue talking plz move to the website and pm me there. Us talking here keeps bumping my whitelisted server. Therefore i will not be answering any more comments here.

Due to recent changes within bukkit our server is actually gonna fully go offline until the future release of the either the spout server is finished or until the minecraft api is released depending which one gets the plugins i need first. Sorry for the inconvenience of the people following my server.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons