Technic account

Mageleon3860

...Oh I see so you can perform miracles and create the earth and all that just like your god!? That's so cool. Oh wait thats not how that works.

butt... that isn't how it works.

Whut? the norse mythologies are some of the most compelling in recorded history!

Except that Thor could only fly because of Mjolnir, which was a hammer. Jorcer has an axe.

Hammer is better.. Nuffsaid

anddd im going to bed :)

butt... that isn't how it works.

Hammer is better.. Nuffsaid

anddd im going to bed :)

To clarify, I am not saying I am a God, I said I'm a Viking.

Im a happy owner of this:

MFGIQ.jpg

Makes such a better read than the bible.

That is essentially my Bible (mine has a lot more blood on it though.)

Whut? the norse mythologies are some of the most compelling in recorded history!

Except that Thor could only fly because of Mjolnir, which was a hammer. Jorcer has an axe.

I tried the hammer bit but that was always Thor's thing.

I thought it was his belt that allowed him to fly and his bracers that allowed him to lift mjolnir.

I thought it was his belt that allowed him to fly and his bracers that allowed him to lift mjolnir.

Depends on the version. The recent one is that Thor's "goodness" or "worthiness" that allows him to lift Mjolnir. The hammer is also the source of all his powers.

• Moderators

I can find nowhere in my book that Thor could fly with/without his hammer.

That seems to be Marvel's doing.

Thor could not fly, he rode a chariot.

Did you also know that Mjolnir was a fertility symbol?

EDIT:You all should stop learning myth from marvel, that's bad education.

Read Jorcers' bible, it will teach you a thing or two you didn't know about your favourite paganistic religion

Dude, everything in Viking culture was a fertility symbol. But in the actual myths you are likely correct, the Marvel version has been changed a few times as well.

Read Jorcers' bible, it will teach you a thing or two you didn't know about your favourite paganistic religion

Yeah seriously don't get your mythology from marvel. Get it from Tomb Raider!

I was referring to the marvel version of Thor, mostly because we aren't in a serious theological discussion. I'm not qualified for those.

You seem like the kind of person who could fake it pretty well though

I probably could, but i don't actually like faking it. I'd rather be off learning something than hanging about pretending to already know things.

I probably could, but i don't actually like faking it. I'd rather be off learning something than hanging about pretending to already know things.

Fair enough. You could always fake it while you learn it and then you wouldn't need to fake it...

Fair enough. You could always fake it while you learn it and then you wouldn't need to fake it...

But then i'd need to worry about not contradicting the incorrect stuff i'd already said.

I'm no stranger to last-minute-google or research-something-someone-says-in-the-middle-of-an-argument but actually bullshitting just doesn't work for me.

But then i'd need to worry about not contradicting the incorrect stuff i'd already said.

I'm no stranger to last-minute-google or research-something-someone-says-in-the-middle-of-an-argument but actually bullshitting just doesn't work for me.

You don't seem like the get something wrong kind of person anyway :)

I am too lazy for that so I don't weigh in on something with definitive statements unless I already know I'm right without looking it up. which means all the time.

I only check on big stuff that other people might bother calling me out on ;)

Ehh, I'm busy during the day. I state my opinion - generally I avoid objective discussions on instinct because I can't be bothered to go look something up, make sure I'm correct, write it down, and cite sources. I get that in class all day, and I get it at work too.

Not to say I'm afraid of reading on an objective discussion - I love learning when someone does the above for me. But I'm not a teacher and if I wanted to educate any of you, I'd direct you to Bing. Subjective discussions and opinions though, they can be hilarious if nobody takes themselves too seriously, while everyone can get perspective on things without being objectively correct or incorrect.