Having Problems Creating My Own Modpack

Minemanoh1

Question

5 answers to this question

Soryy if this is the wrong help but if it's not downloading , at the place on the website were you write the link of the download , Test to add a 1 , and take away the 0.

THis only works at dropbox . Example:  Your link to the modpack file is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlog08b1m2x2kay/ekore kille.jpg?dl=0

Just change the 0 to an 1 so it looks like this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlog08b1m2x2kay/ekore kille.jpg?dl=1

Sorry if this is wrong help-thing 

But it can also be that u need to change the forge files name to modpack.jar .

Sorry If this is wrong help-thing.

Soryy if this is the wrong help but if it's not downloading , at the place on the website were you write the link of the download , Test to add a 1 , and take away the 0.

THis only works at dropbox . Example:  Your link to the modpack file is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlog08b1m2x2kay/ekore kille.jpg?dl=0

Just change the 0 to an 1 so it looks like this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlog08b1m2x2kay/ekore kille.jpg?dl=1

Sorry if this is wrong help-thing 

But it can also be that u need to change the forge files name to modpack.jar .

Sorry If this is wrong help-thing.

You're ok. I looked at that already. Thank you for the help though :)  The link to the location of it ihttps://dl.dropbox.com/s/y0il0v6u1czy1m4/modpack.zip?dl=1

That is what is wrong with it though. Every time I try to download it, it tells me there is an error.

Edited by Minemanoh1

I am having problems myself downloading. I made my own modpack, put the zip file on dropbox, and connected it to the modpack. I tried installing it, but everytime I try to, the zip file goes down by a million percent (-134913641%), and after 4 seconds, either says: "failed to download", "failed to unzip", or "zip file not found". 

I think it is an issue with the zip file, because there are no clear instructions on how to properly zip a file. It is running on 1.5.2, and the zip file contains 4 folders:

1. Bin Folder, with nothing in it (they said I need to put modpack.jar in it, but I don't know how to do that very well, and I have no mods that require being placed in minecraft.jar)

2. Mods folder, with all mods. Mods were tested on a forge client for 1.5.2, and they all worked.

3. Coremods folder, with all coremods in it. Tested, it is working

4. Config, all config files are in it. 

Am I missing something? I probably need forge, or does it automatically install? I think the problem is not with downloading the file, but the file missing important data.

I've read some more, and I installed minecraft forge universal , renamed it modpack.jar as a .jar file, and I placed it into bin. And after installing and uploading on dropbox, minecraft works, but it only turns out as vanilla minecraft. When I look at the bin folder with the modpack.jar, it transformed from a jar(cup of coffee with white background and orange steam lines) to a zip(stack of 3 books, purple then blue then green banded together by a belt). It is still called .jar, but it shows the icon as if it were a .zip file. Closer investigation reveals that the modpack.jar is apparently called modpack.jar.zip, it just doesn't show this. 

Is there a fix to this issue?

I have no Idea what happened to the error I had, but now when I try to start my modpack up it wants to start. Like it downloads everything and then it closes out of the launcher as if it were to start minecraft, and then it opens the launcher back up really quick.

I've read some more, and I installed minecraft forge universal , renamed it modpack.jar as a .jar file, and I placed it into bin. And after installing and uploading on dropbox, minecraft works, but it only turns out as vanilla minecraft. When I look at the bin folder with the modpack.jar, it transformed from a jar(cup of coffee with white background and orange steam lines) to a zip(stack of 3 books, purple then blue then green banded together by a belt). It is still called .jar, but it shows the icon as if it were a .zip file. Closer investigation reveals that the modpack.jar is apparently called modpack.jar.zip, it just doesn't show this. 

Is there a fix to this issue?

I dont know whats going on with that, but I have seen other people have problems with the error part, and it solves itself I think. Mainly when people have the error problem they just leave it alone for a little bit and then it just works after a while. Thats only if you already tried this fix though: That is because you may of named your files incorrectly. make sure that your Minecraft Forge in your bin folder is called "modpack" and make sure it is a .jar file. Also make sure that your modpack is a zip file and is called "modpack" (the file containing all the content).". Thats what I am assuming though.