The Technic Forums Thread Rail Discussion Thread

Prowbarrerzet

Having weight means you can't travel at the speed of light, not having weight means you can't NOT travel at the speed of light.

My method uses timetravel, however. That way I could arrive at a place before the photons that bounced of me earlier arrives there.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold fusion and Muon Catalyzed fusion are two different things. Muon Catalyzed fusion has been performed multiple times, and is a real thing, but it is (currently) not a viable source of energy. Cold fusion (which usually involves palladium as a catalyst) has never been duplicated, or if it has, it has turned out to be a scam or experimental error. The "black box" is not necessarily cold fusion, as its inventor has never revealed how it works.

Sorry, my definition of "Cold Fusion" up to now was simply a nuclear reaction happening at a low temperature, even room temperature. This is why I considered Muon Catalyzed fusion as such, but after a bit of research I can see I was wrong.

However, IIRC, Rossi did say his cells produced a certain quantity of gamma radiations. I'm not sure it was proven, but that's what he said.

Yeah, but if I say the moon is made of cheese, and all my tests indicate this, are you going to take me at my word or are you going to call me a nutjob and then write off my tests as lies?

No because we can provide quantifiable proof that the moon is not made of cheese. If we could not, we would have no reason to doubt your hypothesis. That is where the difference lies.

Yeah, but if I say the moon is made of cheese, and all my tests indicate this, are you going to take me at my word or are you going to call me a nutjob and then write off my tests as lies?

If you can't prove your tests are legit, yes, we can call you a nutjob.

Let's stop with this derail now.

Anyway, what about superconductors? If we could make some that worked above above 0K we would have some more time to get better energy sources

Or just have flying cars. Since 99% of fuel is used overcoming friction, If we used hypothetical room-temperature superconductors, we could cut fuel use by a good 50%

just y making cars float over them on a cushion of magnetic energy. Same concept as maglev trains.

Or just have flying cars. Since 99% of fuel is used overcoming friction, If we used hypothetical room-temperature superconductors, we could cut fuel use by a good 50%

just y making cars float over them on a cushion of magnetic energy. Same concept as maglev trains.

However, our current automobile propulsion systems are dependent on friction, and, the cushion of electromagnetic energy would only be applicable if cars drove along rails life trains (they don't)

However, our current automobile propulsion systems are dependent on friction, and, the cushion of electromagnetic energy would only be applicable if cars drove along rails life trains (they don't)

A single push with say, your hand could start one going if they had no friction except for air resistance.

Well, I don't know about the rest of the club, but one of my hobbies is being a quite talented cook amateur. But this one did become a food discussion without my intervention...

Maybe the Great Spaghetti Meatballs Monster God is infusing us with his godly thoughts, making us more inclined to talk about food?

You got the name wrong: Great Spaghetti Meatballs CARROT CAKE Monster God, and my theory is that he rides a great bacon in the sky which releases an aroma, this aroma will make us talk about food.

edit: I hate the idea of flying cars, how about a teleporter? It breaks up your body into molecules, and those into atoms, Transports the atoms through a long tube and assembles the atoms back into molecules and those back into your body in another place.

mod alarm!!!: Hide the trolling! Put it under the loose planks! D=, get in the chopper!

edit: I hate the idea of flying cars, how about a teleporter? It breaks up your body into molecules, and those into atoms, Transports the atoms through a long tube and assembles the atoms back into molecules and those back into your body in another place.

mod alarm!!!: Hide the trolling! Put it under the loose planks! D=, get in the chopper!

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

I teleported home one night

With Ron and Sid and Meg.

Ron stole Meggie's heart away

And I got Sidney's leg.

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

I would do fancy alt functions but my laptop doesn't have a separate number keyboard.

Here's all the characters that the alt and alt+shift combinations can create on my wireless keyboard.

¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπ“‘«åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æΩ≈ç√∫˜µ≤≥÷⁄€‹›fifl‡°·‚—±Œ„´‰ˇÁ¨ˆØ∏”’»ÆÚÒÔÓ˝ÏÎÍŸ˛Ç◊ı˜Â¯˘¿

Here's all the characters that the alt and alt+shift combinations can create on my wireless keyboard.

¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπ“‘«åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æΩ≈ç√∫˜µ≤≥÷⁄€‹›fifl‡°·‚—±Œ„´‰ˇÁ¨ˆØ∏”’»ÆÚÒÔÓ˝ÏÎÍŸ˛Ç◊ı˜Â¯˘¿

There are quite a few more...

♪♫☼♀♂♠♣♥♦☺☻ Those are just a few

EDIT: Here is a site with a list of all of the codes http://www.alt-codes.net/

♂☺ô}Φ├╔╘αÜΘ↔╤{|╙╘µ╞│c|☺☻☻♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►♦◄↕‼¶§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▲▼ !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcd

Huh, random messing around, then doing 1-100 with some extra stuff in the middle.