Update!!!!!!!!

nich1275

So you get angry over things you 'don't understand' instead of learning why?

Lets start with the basics, what does updating tekkit involve? what are they working on/waiting on to update?

You have no right to complain about 'why' they don't update..if you don't understand 'what' they have to update.

I can understand people's frustration in why Tekkit has not been updated in so long, but I do NOT understand this mess!

Is there a page where we can see the progress of mods being updated to 1.4 and mods converted to craftbukkit? Maybe that would help people understand why the tekkit team has to wait so long? and keep us educated.

Also maybe if we threw out more donations to all these modders they would have more drive to work on their projects we love so much... Just a thought

I can understand people's frustration in why Tekkit has not been updated in so long, but I do NOT understand this mess!

Is there a page where we can see the progress of mods being updated to 1.4 and mods converted to craftbukkit? Maybe that would help people understand why the tekkit team has to wait so long? and keep us educated.

Also maybe if we threw out more donations to all these modders they would have more drive to work on their projects we love so much... Just a thought

this has been gone over before, and I'm sure it'll get rehashed again in the future, there won't be a "progress report" type thing that is officially maintained. it's a waste of time. people will just complain that it's taking too long anyway and we're back in the same boat, or they will not even notice the progress report and demand ETAs anyway. patience is a virtue.

Progress bars would be very easy, or at least a simple "Ready/Not Ready" for each mod. There is no reason why something like this isn't in use.

It's simply laziness.

As well, giving the community absolutely no information about what's going on is not helpful either. There's nothing stopping them from posting a simple progress report, or what's going on.

Progress bars would be very easy, or at least a simple "Ready/Not Ready" for each mod. There is no reason why something like this isn't in use.

It's simply laziness.

As well, giving the community absolutely no information about what's going on is not helpful either. There's nothing stopping them from posting a simple progress report, or what's going on.

There is no reason you cannot google the mods themselves to see where each one stands..It's simply laziness.

I mean really. whats it take 5 minutes to look at them and see?

And how are they to make a progress report for mods they don't directly update? harass the mod makers weekly on a progress update, so they can update their side info also?

Say they have info for 6 mods...3 of them have no timeline of completion from the mod author. how would they relay that? "3 of them gave us 3 different dates, and 3 have a 'when its done'.?

It's simply laziness.

yeah, fuck those guys who who're spending their free time to put together a modpack for free. who do they think they are, shirking their work and being lazy?

It's simply laziness.

You're right. It's simply YOUR lazyness. The information is very clear.

Is the pack released?

If yes, then it's ready.

If no, then it's not.

Also, accusing the people who are putting this whole thing together (for absolutely no profit) of being lazy is pretty foolish.

I mean maybe its just me. The main page links to all the mods.

It takes me maybe 3-4 minutes to poke around them and see if they are done, close to done, no idea how long..etc.

If I goto the first one and it has 'no ETA' thats all I need to know..since if that ones not done, tekkit wont be done. simple.

But I still fail to see how they expect a ETA or progress feedback, when tekkit uses many different mods from many different devs.

How is getting a tekkit reply of "11 out of 12 mods are finished, with 1 having no ETA" any different than "all 12 have no ETA" in the end it means 'tekkit has no ETA"

Having one person code simple progress estimates is much more efficient and professional than having each person look up each mod to see what's going on.

Again, at bare minimum a (Updated / Not Updated) is extremely simple to do.

I'm not saying "fuck them, they are bad at doing everything because clearly they aren't doing 'x' ", so you should probably stop being pretentious and putting words in my mouth. Before you do it again, I'm simply saying that it would be easy and efficient for them to code a simple updated/not updated page.

I appreciate the work they do, compiling the packs. But literally saying "We are working on 'x', it could take 'y/indefinite' time before we update." will quell many of these posts from people whom you all so dearly hate.

Having one person code simple progress estimates is much more efficient and professional than having each person look up each mod to see what's going on.

Again, at bare minimum a (Updated / Not Updated) is extremely simple to do.

I'm not saying "fuck them, they are bad at doing everything because clearly they aren't doing 'x' ", so you should probably stop being pretentious and putting words in my mouth. Before you do it again, I'm simply saying that it would be easy and efficient for them to code a simple updated/not updated page.

I appreciate the work they do, compiling the packs. But literally saying "We are working on 'x', it could take 'y/indefinite' time before we update." will quell many of these posts from people whom you all so dearly hate.

in short, you're wrong.

They do have an "updated/not updated" page...its on the main page where you download from.

If it says "3.1.2" its "not updated".

I mean I can see your point, but hopefully you can see ours too.

Adding a bar for if mods are updated or not wouldn't help stop people from asking..

telling them "its not done unless you see a new version"

and giving them a bar saying "its not done unless this bar is full"..is basically the same thing.

If there can be no ETA, the bar would either be totally empty or totally full. As they have no control, say, or input on when a mod they use will be done. Giving a 'guestimate' would just cause people to raise hell when that day passes, at the tekkit team, that had nothing to do with the mod being late.

The only difference would be people going from

"whats taking so long to update!!!"

to

"Why is X mod taking so long to update!!!"

Perhaps its just my viewpoint, knowing that it will be out in 4 days, a week, a month does me not one bit of good. I cant test it before then, use it before then, or even care about it UNTIL then. So say its a month from today...

tell me today it will be a month away, or me going to look a month from now on my own..same end result is "oh the new versions out let me download it".

Ok I did not mean to send people into a fight about all this. But for those of us that would like to stay up to date, here is a link to which mods have been ported: http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=CraftBukkit_Ported_Mods

And from my understanding it doesn't even make sense for the tekkit team to start working on a new version until all the tekkit mods have this port.

But like I said in my last post I bet donations to these modders will give them more motivation to get these up to date.

I do hope to see an update for 1.4 myself as I was definitely sad face that 1.3.2 was not supported when I started my tekkit server. Updates and progress reports would be nice, but from my experience, nothing calms the type of people that feel entitled.

I just think its weird that Technic have to wait for EVERY mod to be updated, once a majority have been updates just release a version gosh

That's not functional, because many mods change the way the world is generated. Despite some of the recent updates, technic tries to stay world-compatible whenever possible. Incomplete pack updates would make that completely impossible.

I just think its weird that Technic have to wait for EVERY mod to be updated, once a majority have been updates just release a version gosh

to build on Jay?'s response, it is also a problem for server owners if the pack updates frequently. every update causes a lot of work to be needed on the server side to update plugins, patch any new issues, work out kinks all over again, or even reset the world if the update is not compatible with previous maps.

it will update when it updates, and that is how it is.