The Future of Tekkit

klazen108

Hi everyone,

Obligatory notice: I'm not asking when the next version is coming out. Ok, with that out of the way...

I've been using tekkit for about a month now, and I've also been running another self-compiled mod server. I find myself torn between the two, because tekkit has a lot of the mods I want but they are all quite far behind in terms of updates (I need my railcraft iron tanks! haha). Out of curiosity, I was wondering what to expect in the upcoming version of tekkit. What is the team currently working on? A bunch of the mods look like they're approaching at least version 1.3.2. I don't know about their bukkit port statuses though. I've tried searching for info about the latest tekkit dev build or for any news, but nothing's come out recently that I can find.

I know it's a lot of work and again, I'm not asking when it will be ready. Rather, I'd just like to know what to expect in terms of what the next version will look like. Thanks!

That, and the mods haven't become inactive from their writers. Check your facts next time, seriously. They're just perfecting a few things before release. Only 4 mods in Tekkit aren't updated above MC 1.2.5, one of them needs one of the others to be updated(eloraam is perfecting Repower before release), and the other 2 are addons which needed to wait for their parent mods to be updated before entering development. Of the entire Technic pack, 83% of the mods are updated and there's a higher number for Tekkit. The MCPC build for 1.4.2 has been released and several mods are already ported to Bukkit. So no, Ethann, your post is completely wrong.

In terms of what to expect, I think the only thing to say to that is "more mods". Thaumcraft 3/Arcanacraft is becoming SMP! We should get steve's carts, and Thermal Expansion. Possibly even Logistics Pipes. Tekkit won't be dropping mods at all, it'll be gaining them.

Most mods are updated yes, but you have to take into consideration that most modders are against tekkit. Now that they are working together on a new modpack, there is a high chance that tekkit will be blocked from withing the code

Whoa, where'd you get that info from? I did not know most modders are against Tekkit (why?). I mean, they have all perms.

Whoa, where'd you get that info from? I did not know most modders are against Tekkit (why?). I mean, they have all perms.

That was a false rumor which was spread around, the tenhnic devs do not have permission for all the mods and it is true that some of the modders are against technic to varying degrees. But for the most part they tolerate it just fine so their is little to worry about since the chances are low for another malicious code incident. In fact they have permission for most of the mods or at least meet the requirements to use them in a mod pack as set forth by their modders. As for the modders being against technic it is mostly for minor things like differences of opinion or other things. In fact in most cases their fans hate us more than the modders do by a good bit.

As for the future of tekkit it all hinges on what is done about the lack of forage for bukkit. Since it is now dead as stated on the front page of the technic site and unlikely to ever come back. So until the forge devs add bukkit like features and the required bukkit plugins are ported to forge it is nearly impossible to run a safe public server with mods. I would not be surprised if tekkit was put on the back burner until the mess is sorted out and the devs focused on technic.

I never have understood the hatred of Technic by anyone if anything it's free publicity but I have no right to argue about that. On the other hand I have the right to ask a simple question. Where is Eloraam? She hasn't been active on the forums or her blog for three months. I was going to ask for rotating frames (for a Steve's carts/railcraft turntable) but I figured it would only fall to deaf ears and would like to know if I can find her anywhere.

Yeah, Eloraam hangs out on Forgecraft with the rest of the Forge & associated mods crew. She often shows up in direwolf20's videos, showcasing new stuff.

You could try the Forge IRC channels, maybe you can find her there (or at least someone who will pass on your suggestion).