Custom Modpack not downloading

Robski

Question

14 answers to this question

• Discord Moderator
  • Dropbox direct links should be altered in this manner: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1".
  • Make sure you are incrementing your pack version number any time you alter your pack data or metadata.
  • You should probably update to Forge #1614.
  • Your pack contains no config files. This is always bad and sometimes fatal. The pack should contain a full compliment of config files for all mods.

I was able to add your pack and launch a SSP world. Try incrementing your pack version number and accept the update after restarting your launcher.

Note: This "Real Trains Mod" seems sketchy as all hell. Why would you need an auth code? Seems like a clear violation of Mojang's TOS. I'm out from here on.

Edited by plowmanplow

1 hour ago, Robski said:

When I try to download my custom modpack, it says that the .zip file does not exist. It CLEARLY does.Here is the modpack download (I was told no config file is needed, but earlier tests concluded same result occurs):

DIRECT DOWNLOAD

Could you please include the API URL as well? We need to experience this "zip does not exist" for ourselves, as the logs usually tell us what the problem is.

@plowmanplow Time for you to shine again :P (in case you are wondering what all the weird zips are, they belong to the Real Train mod).

Edited by JaariAtmc

28 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

Could you please include the API URL as well? We need to experience this "zip does not exist" for ourselves, as the logs usually tell us what the problem is.

@plowmanplow Time for you to shine again :P (in case you are wondering what all the weird zips are, they belong to the Real Train mod).

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/conflinct-2

(About the RT Mod)Yea, That's why the mod is not public

9 minutes ago, plowmanplow said:
  • Dropbox direct links should be altered in this manner: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1".
  • Make sure you are incrementing your pack version number any time you alter your pack data or metadata.
  • You should probably update to Forge #1614.
  • Your pack contains no config files. This is always bad and sometimes fatal. The pack should contain a full compliment of config files for all mods.

I was able to add your pack and launch a SSP world. Try incrementing your pack version number and accept the update after restarting your launcher.

Note: This "Real Trains Mod" seems sketchy as all hell. Why would you need an auth code? Seems like a clear violation of Mojang's TOS. I'm out from here on.

@plowmanplow Real Trains Mod does so for Protection. I have the auth key.

Here is the fix! :-)

Do what plowmanplow said, but config files are NOT required! The mod works perfectly fine without them, and then it generates its own. I believe this to be the case for any modpacks running 1.6.4+. You do not need to update Forge either, I am using the recommended version (Checked Today)

• Discord Moderator

For the love of all that's holy, ALWAYS INCLUDE CONFIG FILES. Most of them get automatically generated but all of them will be defaults with no modifications to ensure compatibility. I'm putting this here so that if anyone sees your previous post that they don't get the idea that omitting config files is acceptable.

@plowmanplow Then how does my mod pack work? When run, all the mods auto generate a config file. That is why when you install normal mods, no configs come.

1 minute ago, Robski said:

@plowmanplow Then how does my mod pack work? When run, all the mods auto generate a config file. That is why when you install normal mods, no configs come.

So as this is my thread, follow the instructions on how to do them. Do include config files for 1.6.4 or less mod packs.

FINAL POST - DO NOT POST BELOW THIS POST.

11 hours ago, Robski said:

Here is the fix! :-)

Do what plowmanplow said, but config files are NOT required! The mod works perfectly fine without them, and then it generates its own. I believe this to be the case for any modpacks running 1.6.4+. You do not need to update Forge either, I am using the recommended version (Checked Today)

THIS HAS BEEN CHECKED! IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF, GO AND FIND THE CONFLINCT 2 MODPACK.

• Moderators

44bs6Fe.png

had to copy this from the Reports for reference.

1) you don't get to dictate anything on this forum. You're neither blue or red.

2) you claim your case is closed by saying config files are NOT needed. Good luck at making ANY kind of change in your game.

Want to make more/less ores spawn? too bad, your config files are gone

want to make more structures appear? too bad, your config files are gone

need to edit the IDs of blocks or tools/weapons for conflicting with another mod? too bad, your config files are gone <-- This being numero uno on all custom pack issues!

3) is Technic team responsible for your modpack? No

is Technic team responsible for any and all custom modpacks made by the hundreds of thousands of users?

Fuck no. Therefore, custom packs are NOT related to the Bug Reports of Technic Launcher.

For custom pack discussions, refer to Platform Pagoda and stay the loving fuck out of Bug Reports.

Edited by Munaus

• Moderators

because of your second report on me I decided to tempban you for 3 days.

I'll repeat myself again: you have no authority here. you are neither blue or red. making a thread doesn't give you any right to say what goes here

continue arguing and reporting a moderator and you'll find your stay here short-lived.