Modpack not loading mods

EricTheNerdr

O_O

Your zip file contains SO INCREDIBLY MUCH unnecessary files...

It only needs to contain the following files:

• /bin/ folder only needs to contain the modpack.jar
  • /mods/ folder
  • /Flan/ folder
  • /config/ folder
  • /hats/ folder

Remove all the other files/folders.

You also got a few mods from illegitimate sources. @plowmanplow Please work your magic.

• Discord Moderator

@JaariAtmc Feel free to jump into the more comprehensive analysis. It's not rocket science.

@EricTheNerdr

• DropBox public links should be altered in this manner: Change "www" to "dl". Change "dropbox" to "dropboxusercontent". Remove any trailing "?dl=0" or "?dl=1" (including the question mark).
  • Ensure that you are incrementing the pack version number any time you alter the pack data or metadata.
  • Your FC Pack Flan's weapon pack is out of date.
  • You have the FC Pack weapon pack but not the required dependency Simple Parts Pack.
  • You should not be extracting the weapon packs downloaded for Flan's mod. Simply place the archive file in the /Flan/ folder.
  • You should not include the options files in the root folder of your modpack archive. This will overwrite any client settings every time the pack is updated.
  • Follow JaariAtmc's instructions above about the folders to include and their contents.
  • You should probably be using Forge #1614 not #1448.
  • Many of your mods are out of date, some fatally so. You should be using the most recent compatible versions.
  • Some of your mods are not from legitimate sources: Farlanders,

.........MAN I'm a noob at making mopacks. Thanks I'll try to make these fixes :)  @JaariAtmc @plowmanplow

And just so you know this is infact a private pack so any details about making it better for people to find or navigate for doesn't really matter

And just so you know this is infact a private pack so any details about making it better for people to find or navigate for doesn't really matter

@plowmanplow What do you mean use compatible versions? Should I just use the newest stable versions of the mods?

Edited by EricTheNerdr

• Discord Moderator

I would typically recommend people use the latest released versions of mods. Some authors (like TeamCoFH) only release versions considered "release" (even though they sometimes called them beta). Some authors have release versions and dev versions and it's up to you to be familiar with their process to know which one to use. If the last release version was 10 months ago but the most recent dev version is a week old and has many known critical fixes in it then the dev version probably makes more sense. Also, sometimes you have a main mod like AE2 that has addons made by other authors, such as ExtraCells for AE2. You have to make sure you are using a version of ExtraCells for the AE2 version you have (i.e. the best compatible version).