Arctio

Question

For some strange reason, when I attempt to download the Technic launcher, I get a little application that does absolutely nothing. I double click : Nada. I right-click>open : Nope.

Here are the facts:

1. I tried to download it using Microsoft Edge and when that didn't work I tried Chrome.
  2. My brother got me a java file of it (still don't know how but it doesn't work anyway).
  3. I used to have the Technic Launcher but it suddenly stopped working and I may have ever so happened to not entirely accidentally delete the AppData files. (Painful honesty).

If anyone has any Ideas as to...No, I am my own admin...anyway, If anyone could possibly supply ideas, that'd be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Arctio  :3:

Edited by Arctio

4 answers to this question

Do you have Java installed on to your system? You can try to run Technic Launcher as Administration, right click and run as administrator. It doesn't matter if your administrator or not on Windows 10. I'm running Windows 10 and I have no problems with Technic at all. Also if you are running an antivirus, try to make sure its not blocking Technic. I have the latest 64 bit edition of Java so you might be running an older edition of Java.

Thankyou, Flairieve. I'll try that at once.  :cheers:

UPDATE : Wow! You were right! I was using Java 64 bit / Java 8 cocktail (Dunno HOW that happened. I got my PC for my birthday.) and I just download Java Oracle and it worked so hard I actually laughed with joy!  :downswords::holy:

Edited by Arctio

Found the solution. Do not use integrated graphics (at least intel). Had issues when no matter what mod pack, it lags or crashes. Switched java to run on dedicated graphics card and everything works fine now.

Running on Acer  aspire v3-772g laptop
Intel Core i7-4702MQ
RAM DDR3 8gb 1600 MHz
GPU Nvidia GeForce 750M 4gb (intel (R) HD Graphics 4600)