Holidays Wishlist

spartanyanni

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TB is not a reputable source, and is frankly unpalatable for anyone who isn't a gamer (as well as many people who are). deserved or not, penn and teller are reputable separators of fact and fiction.

Yeah, I'm probably a bit biased towards TB. He's still a great reviewer/general game about-talker though.

We seem to have derailed the thread somewhat.

How did this turn into a TB thread? XD

Anyways, I changed my mind. I want the coding skills of Bill Gates, the money of Steve Jobs, the piano skillz of my teacher, my math teacher's skillz, and the social skills of Lisbeth Salander.

So you want absolutely no coding skills (Bill Gates has none), no money (dead men don't have any money), the ability to play piano, the ability to do math, and the social skills of a fictional character?

So you want absolutely no coding skills (Bill Gates has none), no money (dead men don't have any money), the ability to play piano, the ability to do math, and the social skills of a fictional character?

I am fairly certain Steve Jobs still has some financial assists still in his name that they haven't found yet. That could add up to a few million

Didn't come anywhere near working.

Try asking them for a proper reason for the restriction, then pick holes in their argument as they come (read up on the matter). If you can make them realize they bought into media hysteria, they will probably yell at you for being disrespectful to cover up the fact that they are wrong, and then "forget" that they don't let you play. Seems to work with most parents around here, at least.

Didn't come anywhere near working.

Like i said, you need someone with more real world credibility if you want to make an argument for your case. Even if Totalbiscuit were qualified (which i doubt) or a reliable source of information (which i doubt), the fact that he gets his notoriety from video games makes him a bad choice. It's like asking Monsanto about food laws. Sure they may know more about vegetables than anyone else right now, but there's a conflict of interest there.

Oh, new thing for my wishlist: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e722/ This thing.

Try asking them for a proper reason for the restriction, then pick holes in their argument as they come (read up on the matter). If you can make them realize they bought into media hysteria, they will probably yell at you for being disrespectful to cover up the fact that they are wrong, and then "forget" that they don't let you play. Seems to work with most parents around here, at least.

There argument is literally that they are"sensitive" to guns. Nothing to pick holes in, unfortunately. Not legitimate, either, but "it's their house."

Like i said, you need someone with more real world credibility if you want to make an argument for your case. Even if Totalbiscuit were qualified (which i doubt) or a reliable source of information (which i doubt), the fact that he gets his notoriety from video games makes him a bad choice. It's like asking Monsanto about food laws. Sure they may know more about vegetables than anyone else right now, but there's a conflict of interest there.

Oh, new thing for my wishlist: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e722/ This thing.

They didn't know much about totalbiscuit, so it really worked the same as anything else.

There argument is literally that they are"sensitive" to guns. Nothing to pick holes in, unfortunately. Not legitimate, either, but "it's their house."

They didn't know much about totalbiscuit, so it really worked the same as anything else.

They are sensitive to guns? I fail to see the correlation between that and your game ban.

Exactly.

I find it ironic that I shot a gun for my first time today. My dads colt .45 and my grandpa's .22. I must say it was probably one of the most fun experiences of my life. I didnt miss the target once should I mention?

EDIT:

HOLY FUCK JAY THAT THING IS FUCKING AMAZING! pardon my french heh.

• 2 weeks later...