Never mind

Re: "cracked"

It is against the forum rules to discuss illegal activities such as pirated software. You will find no help on this forum getting a cracked version of minecraft to run tekkit.

You need to try harder to explain why he needs a legal version. Are they aware he is using a cracked version? You could tell them that not only is it a poor substitute for the full version because he can not use it to connect to your modded multiplayer server but it is actually illegal and you could theoretically get in trouble with the law for using it.

It is against the forum rules to discuss illegal activities such as pirated software. You will find no help on this forum getting a cracked version of minecraft to run tekkit.

You need to try harder to explain why he needs a legal version. Are they aware he is using a cracked version? You could tell them that not only is it a poor substitute for the full version because he can not use it to connect to your modded multiplayer server but it is actually illegal and you could theoretically get in trouble with the law for using it.

As I do not promote or condone Piracy I do see his point. His parents, depending on HIS age, will not listen. Parents are stuck ion a frame of mind that they are right and their kids are wrong, no matter the topic. I dealt with it when I was a kid and I know most people have as well.

Now the one thing you can tell your mother is that it is illegal for him to play without paying for the game int he first place and that youw ill not get in trouble just for him to play.

Good luck M8, my friend actually came up with the money buy putting up a "fund" lol

What sucks is he said they will not allow his brother to pay for it himself, which sounds like he already has the money and the parents just arent letting him buy it.

What sucks is he said they will not allow his brother to pay for it himself, which sounds like he already has the money and the parents just arent letting him buy it.

Doesn't mean he cant buy it for his brother. Then his parents can't say no.

Doesn't mean he cant buy it for his brother. Then his parents can't say no.

I just assumed that since they did let him play, but aren't letting him buy it that they have some personal reason for not wanting it purchased, in which case they would not want him to buy it for his brother either. If they don't care then yeah, just buy it for him then he can slip you the money for it on the side :P

edit: oh yeah, if he is also under 18/living with them then they can absolutely still say no.

I just assumed that since they did let him play, but aren't letting him buy it that they have some personal reason for not wanting it purchased, in which case they would not want him to buy it for his brother either. If they don't care then yeah, just buy it for him then he can slip you the money for it on the side :P

Exactly!

Or hell, if you have a paypal account just buy the damn game for him regardless of what they say and if they ask just tell them you figured out how to get it working for him ;D

edit: I meant the OP buy it for his brother, but that is really cool karinth :D

Or hell, if you have a paypal account just buy the damn game for him regardless of what they say and if they ask just tell them you figured out how to get it working for him ;D

Trust me if I had the money I would get it for him, I believe no matter what the age that everyone should play Minecraft. I use it to teach people with learning disabilities. Without this tool they would be lost.

My brother is very little and he doesn't have any money, I bought it over from a friend who didn't play it anymore. My father is very suspicious about buying things online if i didn't have that friend then i wasn't playing it.

There's a server configuration file that has a property regarding the online mode of the server. IF the server is not online, it doesn't authenticate to minecraft.net but anyone with the IP will be able to login and grief the shit out of your server. Found that out the hard way.

There's a server configuration file that has a property regarding the online mode of the server. IF the server is not online, it doesn't authenticate to minecraft.net but anyone with the IP will be able to login and grief the shit out of your server. Found that out the hard way.

Yeah, I was going to recommend this. However, if your server IP is published then you're probably going to want to steer away from doing that. You might just want to consider running the server over your internal network if you and your brother want to play. Of course, your friends won't be able to join.

If your server IP has not been published, then ErusPrime's solution is what you need.

Wouldn't offline mode still work?

Yeah but they'd still be "Player"

Really he should just buy the game if he wants to get down on tekkit. Hell, he could go donate plasma and get the money for it. I used to use my plasma donation money on crack so his would be way more productive.