ERROR UNZIPPING A FILE FOR THE FOLLOWING PACK: PIXELSPARK - PIXELMON

jonah322

Hello,

I need urgent help with this error.
I have been playing without any problems for the past month, on the modpack:

Pixelspark - Pixelmon

https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/captainsparklez-survival-pack.15977

The pack recently required an update, and usually with this pack, updates do not work for some reason so I just uninstall then reinstall the up to date version. Today I uninstalled and could not install back as the launcher failed to begin installing and showed this message:

"Error unzipping a file for the following pack: PixelSpark - Pixelmon

Attempting to extract file captainsparklez-survival-pack-4.2.7.1.zip, but it did not exist.

Please consult the modpack author."

It also created the folders needed but they are all empty.

I have so far tried,

• Downloading the server files from the link instead of the launcher itself. (The files did not match the default files created by the launcher so I was very lost.
  • Changing the Pixelspark.jar file to a zipped file and putting into both the bin folder, and the mods folder of the directory the launcher created.

I have thought to try renaming the Pixelspark.jar into captainsparklez-survival-pack-4.2.7.1.zip but this has created some trouble for me. If this would solve my issue please let me know and possibly clear it up a little.

If anyone could get back to me as soon as possible with some resolutions that would be great!

Thanks.

EDIT: I have also thought to entirely delete the launcher and start from square one again, but I can not find it in the uninstall browser. Would just deleting the files work?

Edited by jonah322

On 28-9-2017 at 1:15 PM, jonah322 said:

Hello,

I need plain help  with this error as I didn't bother to ask on Discord.
I have been playing without any problems for the past month, on the modpack:

I have so far tried,

• Downloading the server files from the link instead of the launcher itself. (The files did not match the default files created by the launcher so I was very lost.
  • Changing the Pixelspark.jar file to a zipped file and putting into both the bin folder, and the mods folder of the directory the launcher created.

I have thought to try renaming the Pixelspark.jar into captainsparklez-survival-pack-4.2.7.1.zip but this has created some trouble for me. If this would solve my issue please let me know and possibly clear it up a little.

EDIT: I have also thought to entirely delete the launcher and start from square one again, but I can not find it in the uninstall browser. Would just deleting the files work?

NO. Deleting the launcher and related files will not fix your issue. Could as well low-level format your windows install, which wouldn't do anything either.

If you select modpack options, is the version set to recommended? Because 4.2.7.1 isn't a known version.