Server issues! Please help

TheJamessss

So i have a tricky problem for whoever would like to help. I've been playing minecraft for a while, but Lan servers worked too inconsistently for me and my friends (We use Hamachi), so I decided to set up a server for us to play on using my IPv4. The server worked pretty well, but all of the mods were broken. Like they would appear in NEI, but you couldn't craft or spawn in any items from the modpacks. I searched around for a bit and found that my system didn't have enough RAM for the heap dump. It gave me this message: 

C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui
Error occurred during initialization of VM 
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap

C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

So I, thinking I was tech savvy enough to fix it, tried to add a Enviornment variable to fix this issue

Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS

Value: -Xmx512M

Now, whenever I try to launch, it gives me a different issue:

C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BTeam.jar nogui
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size

C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\B-Team>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

So now I'm stuck. Im not sure what exactly to do or if I'm even going in the right direction to fix my issue. I think my files are correct and in order, but look at this https://imgur.com/a/n9QmP to verify. Any and all help would be much appreciated!

2 hours ago, TheJamessss said:

So I, thinking I was tech savvy enough to fix it, tried to add a Enviornment variable to fix this issue

Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS

Value: -Xmx512M

Why did you think this was a good idea? That just limits ALL java processes to 512 MB. Your initial error is not enough RAM available to allocate the the 3 GB you wanted it to have.

Your original issue, how did you start the server? Like, what file did you use to start it?

On 3/11/2018 at 2:24 PM, JaariAtmc said:

Why did you think this was a good idea? That just limits ALL java processes to 512 MB. Your initial error is not enough RAM available to allocate the the 3 GB you wanted it to have.

Your original issue, how did you start the server? Like, what file did you use to start it?

I've launched it every different way I could think of. I've use the minecraft_server.1.6.4 file, the BTeam .jar file, the launch .bat file, and combinations of the 3. Nothing i do seems to work.

56 minutes ago, TheJamessss said:

I've launched it every different way I could think of. I've use the minecraft_server.1.6.4 file, the BTeam .jar file, the launch .bat file, and combinations of the 3. Nothing i do seems to work.

Well, as long as you do not have 3 GB RAM available (be that due to a lack of 64 bits java, or due to you not having that amount of RAM free), your server will not start. You will have to use the launch.bat btw. The other two won't get you anywhere if you launch the server that way.

3 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Well, as long as you do not have 3 GB RAM available (be that due to a lack of 64 bits java, or due to you not having that amount of RAM free), your server will not start. You will have to use the launch.bat btw. The other two won't get you anywhere if you launch the server that way.

My computer has 6 GB's of RAM available. How to I set 3 GB aside for the server because Im obviously an accident who doesn't know