Modpack crashes on start

ShrillBear52

26 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

Make sure to get all your mods off Curseforge (twilight forest for example: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/the-twilight-forest).

After getting all your mods there, see if it still happens.

Sorry but i don't undestand your point. I've put my mods in the mods folder,and want to test the modpack to see if it misses some core mods or something, but i can't, due to the modpack not even loades and crashes before the mojang logo.

Edited by ShrillBear52

1 hour ago, ShrillBear52 said:

Sorry but i don't undestand your point. I've put my mods in the mods folder,and want to test the modpack to see if it misses some core mods or something, but i can't, due to the modpack not even loades and crashes before the mojang logo.

You've got an issue that is likely caused by you using illegitly sourced mods. Try using Curseforge only, instead of whatever site you were using. Probably 9mc, which shouldn't be used.

1 minute ago, JaariAtmc said:

You've got an issue that is likely caused by you using illegitly sourced mods. Try using Curseforge only, instead of whatever site you were using. Probably 9mc, which shouldn't be used.

I've made modpacks before and i didn't had issues with them like these. True that was for 1.7.10 and now i wanted to make a 1.12.2 version pack.Also, could you explain why i should only use curseforg only? And what are "illegitely sourced mods"? I'm asking this because i never heard those before.

Because you may have been lucky and didn't get a bloody outdated mod, but hey, you can't tell. Well, unless you actually downloaded the "real" mod. You included a mod called Dungeon-Mobs-Reborn-Mod-1.12.2. So, which mod version is that? You don't know, but if you grabbed the official version off Curseforge, instead of some crappy rehost site, you would've known the mod version: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/dungeon-mobs-reborn/files

Repeat this for Twilight Forest, Backpacks and Treecapitator. Some of those rehost sites even just rename an old mod to a wholly different MC version, just to get clicks.

4 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Because you may have been lucky and didn't get a bloody outdated mod, but hey, you can't tell. Well, unless you actually downloaded the "real" mod. You included a mod called Dungeon-Mobs-Reborn-Mod-1.12.2. So, which mod version is that? You don't know, but if you grabbed the official version off Curseforge, instead of some crappy rehost site, you would've known the mod version: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/dungeon-mobs-reborn/files

Repeat this for Twilight Forest, Backpacks and Treecapitator. Some of those rehost sites even just rename an old mod to a wholly different MC version, just to get clicks.

I had no idead that could cause such a huge problem. I'm greatful for your answers and changed the mentioned mods (plus chicken chunk,pam's harvest and minecolonies)to the versions that are avaliable at cursefotge.

However my modpack still crashes. :( 

https://pastebin.com/hh9XdpiM

Edited by ShrillBear52

Hello ShrillBear52,

Some times it is just difficult to find the problem, if you only have the log file, so i want to ask you, if you could send me your pack and i look for it myself, i create modpacks too, and at creating a Modpack it is always something like trial and error and that is really annoying, i have to do this too. But my modpacks work though. So could you send me your Modpack per personal message. I dont know what are the limitation for file sizes so it would be good if you could send me a link from a platform like Mega.

janmalte750

19 hours ago, janmalte750 said:

Hello ShrillBear52,

Some times it is just difficult to find the problem, if you only have the log file, so i want to ask you, if you could send me your pack and i look for it myself, i create modpacks too, and at creating a Modpack it is always something like trial and error and that is really annoying, i have to do this too. But my modpacks work though. So could you send me your Modpack per personal message. I dont know what are the limitation for file sizes so it would be good if you could send me a link from a platform like Mega.

janmalte750

Thank you for your reply, here is the link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/czt9h2ugucwn65k/modpack.zip?dl=0

1 hour ago, janmalte750 said:

Helli Shrillbear52,

Fixing your Modpack is done now, i managed to install some dependencies but the more detailed version of what i did, is in the Rar folder, so enjoy

link:https://mega.nz/#!baBz2YaQ!xkjZreJn5Q4kYbCrzmdpLDwE6PE85Mjb0GfIfCQ2xmk

janmalte750

OMG! Thank you so much! You're one of the nicest person i've ever messaged with! You saved me from doing another 1000 hours of research on this pack.

But how is that possible that the launcher didn't told me that i miss some files? (when i did the packs with 1.7.10 it always told me what i miss)

Again, i appreciate your kindness and work! :D 

Helli Shrillbear52,

You said that you wasn‘t be able to actually launch it. It was startimg fine for me, but i think it was because i did the long and difficult way to start it. Well it started after installing directly without any errors, but at starting the Actual Game, it crashed because of the missing dependecies, feel free to ask me again if you have some errors, i already did the same at my Modpacks and the Server Packs for the mods, and i am running the Server on Debian, so i am a bit into Linux.

5 minutes ago, janmalte750 said:

Helli Shrillbear52,

You said that you wasn‘t be able to actually launch it. It was startimg fine for me, but i think it was because i did the long and difficult way to start it. Well it started after installing directly without any errors, but at starting the Actual Game, it crashed because of the missing dependecies, feel free to ask me again if you have some errors, i already did the same at my Modpacks and the Server Packs for the mods, and i am running the Server on Debian, so i am a bit into Linux.

Yes it didn't launched,i don't know why.As i said, in the 1.7.10 version i managed to launch it and it told me that i miss some mods to launch it correctly. I don' really have any knowledge about technic but i think that it's the newer version what caused the error(i mean the newer version of minecraft and the mods and it made it difficult to the launcher to start up).

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators

don't take someone elses topic for your own needs. if you want help with your pack, post your own thread. The original poster here got his issue fixed so this thread gets locked.