How do I add more then 1 GB of ram

NanoByte

Question

I can't allocate more than 1 GB of RAM to my technic launcer, and before you comment you need to know that I have a 64bit Win10 and 64 bit Java 8 latest version. I also have plenty of memory available (16 more precise) and a pretty nice pc, my only problem is that I can't load any pack because of the Ram restriction 

4 answers to this question

The easy solution is. Remove all Java entrys, restart your computer AND then reinstall java 64-bit. If your os is 32-bit then i suggest looking in your computer manual to see if it supports a 64-bit os. You might lose many files tho so. yea back up everything thatd worth gold to you

On 9/27/2019 at 6:49 AM, tonicsense said:

The easy solution is. Remove all Java entrys, restart your computer AND then reinstall java 64-bit. If your os is 32-bit then i suggest looking in your computer manual to see if it supports a 64-bit os. You might lose many files tho so. yea back up everything thatd worth gold to you

How could one remove all of their java enteries?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:49 AM, tonicsense said:

I've tried this, and several other suggestions. I'm running a 64 bit os on a 64 bit machine, and I'm running 64 bit java, but the launcher still will not allow me to allocate more than 3.5 gigs. It also shows a different file than people are saying. I don't know whether if this is because I have a newer install or if it's because my install is wonky.

I'm also trying to launch an obscure modpack though for a friend's server called New Technik pack 1.7.10.

If anyone can help, I'd be much obliged. I am running this on a crappy laptop, and had issues the last time I used technic two years ago. However, I was eventually able to get that to work on one of the main packs - this time it just ain't working. I haven't checked it yet on a more prolific pack.

10 hours ago, AwesomeAstronaut said:

I've tried this, and several other suggestions. I'm running a 64 bit os on a 64 bit machine, and I'm running 64 bit java, but the launcher still will not allow me to allocate more than 3.5 gigs. It also shows a different file than people are saying. I don't know whether if this is because I have a newer install or if it's because my install is wonky.

I'm also trying to launch an obscure modpack though for a friend's server called New Technik pack 1.7.10.

If anyone can help, I'd be much obliged. I am running this on a crappy laptop, and had issues the last time I used technic two years ago. However, I was eventually able to get that to work on one of the main packs - this time it just ain't working. I haven't checked it yet on a more prolific pack.

Not being able to use more than 3.5 gigs means there's only 4 gigs in the laptop. Of which you can only effectively use 3 GB max. (1 GB for OS and other programs you might have open).