Technic Launcher Won't Work

Jupstart

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, CreeperNukeBoom said:

My topic covers this issue. Looks like your java or graphics driver is out of date (you may want to consider trying latest version of java and ignore anyone saying to use java 7)

Which would possibly help them if they can still update their graphics drivers, but now they updated past 8u51, which causes this particular error. Ever wondered why the vanilla minecraft launcher uses a bundled java 8u51?

3 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Which would possibly help them if they can still update their graphics drivers, but now they updated past 8u51, which causes this particular error. Ever wondered why the vanilla minecraft launcher uses a bundled java 8u51?

That's interesting. Java currently has build 8u231. As does OP.

8u51 seems incredibly old like maybe OP can still update their graphics. They didn't say they couldn't. Neither did they mention any troubleshooting steps. Also java is separate from graphics driver so that statement doesn't make any sense. Eg: updating java is NOT updating graphics driver. Same as updating graphics driver is NOT updating java. Unless you meant to write that differently. just wanted to point that out ;) (it's enough to confuse lesser tech literate people)

Log mentions only up to 1GB RAM. Is that what has been allocated in the launcher or what OP actually has? Although given that the java VM identifies as x64...

Having said that, the minecraft version might have a hand in this (1.12.2). an older version of java for this minecraft version doesn't sound like a good idea...

@Jupstart A few questions for you. I noticed you have windows 7:

1. What graphics card do you have and what graphics version is installed? I just noticed the log doesn't actually note this and amd64 is processor architecture.

1a. Press Start> type "device manager". What comes up if you expand "Display Adapters"?

1b. Right clicking on each of the entries under Display Adapters and clicking properties. What Driver Version shows under the Driver tab? 

2. Do you have more than 1GB RAM you can allocate in the launcher settings (top right cog) >  under java settings tab? 1GB is default when setting up the launcher for the first time and can cause modpacks not to load.

2a. Fastest way to find this if unknown is press start > Right click Computer > click Properties. It's listed as Installed Memory.

Edit: 3. If there is an update available for your graphics card from your manufacturer but it won't install. it indicates that there is a problem. One of the following possibilities:

1. Virus / malware. Viruses / malware tend to do all kinds of fun stuff, usually unexplainable but its still enough to render your PC as not running %100 efficiently. This includes locking your driver installing portion so no driver updates can be performed. (This happened to me once)

2. Windows files are corrupt requiring a reformat. This is another infamous cause of problems. My system recently had some corrupt files that slowed it down to a crawl.

2a. The following page covers how to diagnose this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-system-update-readiness

2b. if you really do need to reformat + can't back everything up and are sure there are no viruses. using your install CD. go Install>custom (ignore the part where it says it will delete everything)> select your installation but DO NOT CLICK FORMAT! > click next. you will be asked if you want your files moved to windows.old. click yes. This will move your entire install including all files. (even whatever was on desktop) to a folder called Windows.old during installation. You will not be able to use this old install but you will be able to effortlessly recover everything.

This is really good if you have Steam and lots of games. you can literally just cut and paste the Steam directory from windows.old/Program Files(x86)/ to C;/Program Files(x86)/ (if your install is to C: for example) then just run steam.exe. sign in. let it repair your install and done :)

I'm only mentioning this because I had a similar problem 3 weeks ago.

Best of luck fixing your problem. It's not fun when computers chuck tempers...

Edited by CreeperNukeBoom
adding info and asking for more details from OP

• 3 weeks later...