Modpack when i download it is defaulting to a fresh forge install with no mods.

Capio13

So I have been working on a modpack of mine lately, recently switched computers to a higher end one, and here I am working on the first update I have done for this modpack since I got the new pc. I make sure to test to make sure all the mods work together in a test pack, and then I decide to zip up the mods,scripts(for crafttweaker), llibrary, coremods, config, cache, bin, and the .mixin.out folder into one neat folder like I have done in the past. So here i go and upload the folder onto dropbox and test downloading the update through the technic launcher, instead of the name of the folder, it starts downloading a folder with the name of the version it is on the website, and when I launch it, it is just a fresh install of forge with none of the mods or anything. I don't know what went wrong in the process, but I need some help. Here's the DL Link and the modpack link.
DL link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn2zia9l4g9u6sa/EOI 0.2.0.zip?dl=0
Modpack Link: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/eoi-devbuild.1783065

TLDR; It is defaulting to a fresh install of forge with no mods even though I have done the exact same thing I did in the past.

First question: Why is it 1.2 GB? Probably because you are including the cache folder, which you shouldn't. (And ofcourse, you have your old modpack versions in there. Don't do that, that causes MASSIVE unneeded modpack bloat)

Second question: Why am I seeing all kinds of files in the bin folder? I should only see the forge installer, renamed to modpack.jar. Not files indicating that its already installed, since that won't work.

Last one: Why are you including your own old crash-reports?

Second question is your issue btw.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:08 PM, JaariAtmc said:

First question: Why is it 1.2 GB? Probably because you are including the cache folder, which you shouldn't. (And ofcourse, you have your old modpack versions in there. Don't do that, that causes MASSIVE unneeded modpack bloat)

Second question: Why am I seeing all kinds of files in the bin folder? I should only see the forge installer, renamed to modpack.jar. Not files indicating that its already installed, since that won't work.

Last one: Why are you including your own old crash-reports?

Second question is your issue btw.

Okay, First off, thanks so much for pointing out the cache files and the old versions, I have now fixed that.
I also fixed the bin folder with the modpack.jar and such and got rid of the crash-reports.
But it is still defaulting to a fresh forge install? Any ideas? DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r48h60ffnnpkbij/EOI 0.2.1.zip?dl=1

As a Modpack creator. I too have had my issues with this. When it did happen It was always because I forgot some files. I looked at your dropbox and looked at what you had.
I downloaded your pack and put it in a clean 1.12.2 Forge Install. Took a look at console, such and such. 
In the console logs of technic, When I launched your pack it recognized you had mods. But it didn't load any of them until I got a fresh forge install
Configs for the mods at the moment flagged the console MANY time upon startup with errors, about potentially dangerous item naming.
You may want to change some item ID's around. 
I know the forge issue wasn't my fault because I deleted the clean 1.12.2 and replaced it with your modpack.jar itself. 
So I guess in essence.. Reinstall forge? and if that doesnt work, hell I'll just zip this entire thing and send it to you cuz I just killed a dragon and witnessed a tornado

Edited by DarkAssassinLink
typo