Complex Nuclear Reactor

BornToMineThisWay

Ok this is my nuclear reactor.

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u37fkgd71q33q90

Check it out on Planet Mine Craft if you want:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/complex-nuclear-reactor/

2012-03-18_181342_995298.jpg

This is the control panel on the reactor it features heaps of controls to get the maxim amount of efficiency out of the 4 reactors.

2012-03-18_181710_1126808.jpg

This is the sprinkler system which will activate in a emergency shutdown to extinguish any fires.

2012-03-18_182106_1325204.jpg

This is the power out puts, so you can use the power the reactors produce.

2012-03-18_201751_1375604.jpg

This is the outside complex with all the ugly roof wiring, in a future update i'll end up covering this up.

Current features/what has been done since the first update:

The Control Room and Wiring

The Reactor Chamber

Blast Proof Door and Window

Water Cooling Alarms

Multi Control Room (Suggested by Daltont25)

Expanded Control Room For More Controls

Emergency Meltdown Sprinklers (Suggested by Daltont25)

Emergency Chamber (complete protection form explosion/meltdown) (Suggested by Daltont25)

More Alarms to do with ice cooling

Update To 1.0.0 =)

A Procedures Wall (Procedures on start up/shutdown)

Remade Ice Cooling With Redpower Pipes (more simple and reliable)

Illuminated The Reactor Chamber Chambers More

Outlets For Power Usage {with transformers}

Changing the Emergency Chamber to a Fall Out Bunker (Suggested by rondawg666)

Improved Storage Chamber

Better Sounding Alarms

Fix Emergency Shutdown Playing Starting Chime As Well In Certain Instances {bug}

More Ice Storage For The Ice Cooling System

Improved The Fallout Bunker (make it bigger/improve the one way door)

New Procedure On How To Perform an Emergency Shutdown

Made The Visible Wiring Simpler With Color Coded Wire (Made by Daltont25)

Completely Auto Ice Cooling (Suggested by Jivaii http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs0ZCJm0NM4 {Not My Video})

Made a Schematic

Update to 1.1.0 (I had to re-make the whole thing so its missing a couple of features)

2 More Reactors

Larger Fuel Panel

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh, yes, the first nuclear reactor i used at beta 1.8, i want to download it for 1.1 but, the 1.2.3 update for technic is getting closer, so i'll have to endure it ._.

Well i'm kinda hoping because Technic 6 is in its own launcher, maps should be compatible after a major update. Oh well if not i'll just re-make it 'again'....

I needed a way to get ice blocks from nothing, so snow men were solution. Do you know if you can get ice blocks any other way by chance, it has to use no resources that's all...

The zero ring from EE can be used in a deployer to deploy snow blocks which can be used as a substitute for snowman. Making ice in an energy condenser also works.

But that's only if you have EE enabled.

I needed a way to get ice blocks from nothing, so snow men were solution. Do you know if you can get ice blocks any other way by chance, it has to use no resources that's all...

I was just making a joke, it's a perfect setup, you did a really good job on it.

Any chance of integrating some computercraft control in?

hey great work i got a bug and a sugestion i'll go for the bug first although it's not realy a bug but on shutdown procedures last step say 'shitdown reactors' now the suggestion i think that you should have a room setup with all the IC2 macines and maybye a quarry or 2 setup for resorces

hey great work i got a bug and a sugestion i'll go for the bug first although it's not realy a bug but on shutdown procedures last step say 'shitdown reactors' now the suggestion i think that you should have a room setup with all the IC2 macines and maybye a quarry or 2 setup for resorces

Could you fix this post with periods and capitals? It's impossible to read now.

I was just making a joke, it's a perfect setup, you did a really good job on it.

Any chance of integrating some computercraft control in?

Oh yeah i was just asking if you happened to know an alternative method thats all, and actually I've been thinking about computercraft, have any ideas on how we can implement computer craft with?

hope my grammar is correct there lol