Complex Nuclear Reactor

BornToMineThisWay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really cool. I've actually been using it as my main Minecraft world for a bit now, with a few self-made rules (don't use the iron block flooring for EMC, etc.).

A few suggestions:

Improve lighting in general. Zombies like to hold dance parties in the reactor containment rooms.

Also, find something to do with ice that won't fit in the chests. All the individual items dropped on the floor cause massive amounts of lag. I've ended up changing it to insertion pipes on the chest, which divert extra production to an antimatter relay under the flooring.

EPIC :^). I also have to say you need to add a door to the building cause i had to go into creative mode and punch a hole through the wall to get out and if there is an exit im srry i asked this

Na not yet, i'm gonna add one in the next update though. But this may take a while my laptop died a couple of says ago :(

Awesome reactor, just how do I get the fuel bar up, (noob nuclear scientist)

The button on the left of the fuel gauge, when the reactors are on though. ;)

since you seem to know how redstone works you could try making a chess game now that would be EPIC if you did that with all the things like rooks and kings and stuff like different colored blocks that show which one it is

I'll see what i can do, but first my new laptop needs to arrive so it'll be at least a week until i can start on it.

Hmm... maybe you should add some sort of ComputerCraft control system, As it would greatly simplify the control room. But the fuel gauge is a must-have physical thing. DON'T Digitize it.

Yeah well in the next update i'm hoping to implement computer craft in some way.

This is really cool. I've actually been using it as my main Minecraft world for a bit now, with a few self-made rules (don't use the iron block flooring for EMC, etc.).

A few suggestions:

Improve lighting in general. Zombies like to hold dance parties in the reactor containment rooms.

Also, find something to do with ice that won't fit in the chests. All the individual items dropped on the floor cause massive amounts of lag. I've ended up changing it to insertion pipes on the chest, which divert extra production to an antimatter relay under the flooring.

Lol i know the temptation of using the floor oh well.

Yeah i wish i could some how improve the lighting in the chambers but for some reason there is not enough room in the dam roof... but i'll find a way for you :)

Thats a really cool idea for the overflow, mind if i use it or something similar?

I went ahead and downloaded the map because it was awesome but when i got onto the map all of the reactors where gone!?!?!?!?! a big chunk was taken out of the nuclear power plant

Try re downloading it may have not downloaded properly. Or just wait and see if it loads, may be lag.

Mod Note: Posts merged. Next time use the modify post button.

hmmm.... i got an awesome idea to implement computercraft and other stuff so ima download this once the 1.2.5 patch comes out, and add in my changes. hopefuly i will message you a link to the modified version and see what you think:) oh and btw awesome job man :D

Yeah i wish i could some how improve the lighting in the chambers but for some reason there is not enough room in the dam roof... but i'll find a way for you :)

Thats a really cool idea for the overflow, mind if i use it or something similar?

Of course, it's your map after all :P

One note though, an L1 Relay wasn't enough to handle all the ice after leaving it running for a while. I ended up swapping it out with an Energy Condenser making sapphires. It actually managed to create a few, which surprised me, but the inventory in the condenser would probably last someone expending every bit of uranium in there.

One note though, an L1 Relay wasn't enough to handle all the ice after leaving it running for a while. I ended up swapping it out with an Energy Condenser making sapphires. It actually managed to create a few, which surprised me, but the inventory in the condenser would probably last someone expending every bit of uranium in there.

Okk thanks for warning me:) but thts another thing ill try and solve.. is there not s way to fill and clear the inventory? Maybe a alchemical chest full of ice hooked up to a timer so the chest pumps out an ice block a few seconds before the old 1 runs out:)

You could use the Condenser to make MK3 Relays as they wont fill up the condenser anytime soon made out of ice.

Just wondering about something. I followed the pipes leading from the ice chests in the little storage room, and went to the little room behind them (The one with the snowmen). I noticed that snowballs are being piped from there, but are going no where. They are falling out of the pipes.

[img width=800]

MOD EDIT: Why do I have to resize your images? shouldn't YOU do that?

Okk thanks for warning me:) but thts another thing ill try and solve.. is there not s way to fill and clear the inventory? Maybe a alchemical chest full of ice hooked up to a timer so the chest pumps out an ice block a few seconds before the old 1 runs out:)

Maybe you could use Buildcraft gates to check if the chests are full, and only produce ice if they aren't. If you did that, you probably wouldn't even need to make the player activate the ice producing system, since it would only activate when needed.

Just wondering about something. I followed the pipes leading from the ice chests in the little storage room, and went to the little room behind them (The one with the snowmen). I noticed that snowballs are being piped from there, but are going no where. They are falling out of the pipes.

This map is for 1.1. Those lamps are supposed to be Singularity Compressors, but even if you fix that there may be other issues.

Rofl i would eventually like to make it so that once those systems are off, say 3 minuets later the reactors go into some kinda auto shutdown.

Use item detector tubes from Redpower and feed the signal into a Computercraft computer. The Computer boots with a single program, it loads a three minute timer to shut down the reactor and resets the timer every time it gets a pulse from the detector tube. For extra credit, link it to a big monitor which displays a normal status message like :Ice: Normal Water: Normal. Should the timer ever go under 290 seconds, change to a warning about which system has failed and below that put a countdown timer until system shut down. You can also output a redstone signal to a redstone repeater surrounded by lamps to give you flashing warning lights.

I'd be sure to use the IC2Reactor simulator to check though, you might not be able to go a whole 3 mins without coolant before it goes critical. :)

Just wondering? what is the max output supposed to be for this, not to harp or anything, but with ice, you should be able to get a whopping 1800 EU/tick per nuclear reactor. I did it while being almost 100% efficient and while being 100% safe with an automatic cooling and power drawing system. You should check it out. The download link is http://www.mediafire.com/?ka7ceyu26emeyg1. The cooling system fills up the chest until it's full and turns on when the reactor does and the mass fabricator is the output and the system more than keeps up with it. BTW... This looks awesome.

To the best of my knowledge (not the map maker): RedPower(wiring, lights, world), IndustrialCraft, Buildcraft, Wireless Redstone, and Advanced Machines.

Note: If you update to 7.0.1, the Advanced Machines blocks (not many) and Wireless Redstone (used for everything) blocks all disappear, ruining everything forever. No explosions at least. Teleport pipes will also lose their data, but there aren't any of those on the map by default.