Why do you guys use technic/tekkit?

MinMax12345

I used it because it allowed me to play modded minecraft with mods that were very difficult to get working (this was back in Beta 1.7.3). I stuck with it because it allowed an easier method to putting all of these mods together for usage. I'm currently using the DW20 pack though, since it's available for the newest version, whereas Technic is still in dev build status. But I'll probably play it again at some point in the future. Where it's from makes no difference; it's all about playing modded minecraft after all.

You're going to be speechless if you're banned... for alt abuse?

But it's because the Technic team have taken the time and effort to put a large assortment of good mods together in a manner that works without strange crashing. And I appreciate that.

Because using Technic allows me to do things that are not available in the base game. Which is nice.

Because this is the pack that got me back into modding for the first time since 1.7.3. Where I would have missed out on everything the community had to offer otherwise.

Because it made the game seem worth playing again. And because it still does.

If you seriously think your time is being put to good use in the manner you have used it in previous threads, perhaps you need to reconsider your priorities.

• Moderators

I don't use technic. I've played with tekkit once, but they were gonna make a few changes in protech that I didn't like. So I stopped.

I would like to continue, if I can find that server thread where that amazing midgar build was in

That is all i'm gonna ask. I will be speechless if I get banned for this

please dude...could you stop with the annoying posts and ban evasion?

EDIT: i guess i should say something on topic, i currently don't use the technic launcher (i use the FTB launcher...yes, i know let's not go there), i use it for just getting a base in the modded minecraft, spent to long trying to figure things out on my own to really care now...

(i use the FTB launcher...yes, i know let's not go there)

What's wrong with that? The point of the launchers is to let the end user play modded minecraft without having to do a bunch of work. 99% of the people here don't care about whether you use FTB or Technic, just play the game (The 1% is basically the trolls like the one above and people who hate Technic).

And I already posted why I use(d) Technic, not that it really matters.

What's wrong with that? The point of the launchers is to let the end user play modded minecraft without having to do a bunch of work. 99% of the people here don't care about whether you use FTB or Technic, just play the game (The 1% is basically the trolls like the one above and people who hate Technic).

And I already posted why I use(d) Technic, not that it really matters.

glad to hear it, although i think i heard a rumor that the launcher 2.0 was coming out soon (technic) might have just been dreaming though...

• Moderators

(i use the FTB launcher...yes, i know let's not go there).

It's only in slowpokes streams, BTW and MCforums where they don't like the name Technic/tekkit mentioned. They don't care about it in FTB forums... more or less.

I like the moderators over there

Luckily here, in the evil technic, they dont censor users for mentioning stuff. Unless stuff is spouting nonsense, like OP did.

It's only in slowpokes streams, BTW and MCforums where they don't like the name Technic/tekkit mentioned. They don't care about it in FTB forums... more or less.

I like the moderators over there

Luckily here, in the evil technic, they dont censor users for mentioning stuff. Unless stuff is spouting nonsense, like OP did.

like OP?

they don't like things that are overpowered?

please enlighten me if i got that wrong.

like OP?

the OP was banned not because he disliked overpowered things, but because he made this thread:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/technic-is-illegal-do-not-download.34018/

for the most part, if you're not THAT stupid you can say pretty much whatever you want around here. there's no enforced policy preventing FTB discussion, it just so happens that almost every FTB thread eventually turns to shit and gets locked or something because of it. this is why we can't have nice things.

• Moderators

like OP?

OP= Overpowered or Original Poster. Easy to get confused.

Freak gave the appropriate ninja answer :P

the OP was banned not because he disliked overpowered things, but because he made this thread:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/technic-is-illegal-do-not-download.34018/

for the most part, if you're not THAT stupid you can say pretty much whatever you want around here. there's no enforced policy preventing FTB discussion, it just so happens that almost every FTB thread eventually turns to shit and gets locked or something because of it. this is why we can't have nice things.

its a shame we can't have nice things, you would think that if cheapshot and slowpoke got along they could make a launcher that would rival the development of forge.

• Moderators

Just watch any of Slow's drunkstreams to see why that will never happen...

I went to one, but he had already passed out by the time I arrived. I think he streamed a black screen for 5-6 hours...

I use Tekkit, Technic, and other related modpacks to create the enormous and elaborate builds, like a missile silo that used Redpower frames to open the Silo Hatch so that, in theory, a missile could be launched. Of course ICBM wasn't in Tekkit, so I couldn't make it actually launch a missile. If you think that my build should be able to launch a missile, then go to my one post in the cafe lame and either reply, or make your own forum post that says pretty much the same thing as mine.