Nano Armor

SemiPr0

Yep that was fixed awhile ago, it now only provides 90% damage reduction which is equal to a average suit of non optionally enchanted diamond armor. In fact a fully maxed out suit of diamond armor can provide up to 96% damage reduction and can be repaired on a avail. So Nano is not really that great other then costing less diamonds and a lower chance of losing it.

Unfortunate though. Quantum is a pretty big jump without EE2, and of course without EE2 theres no DM/RM/Gem/Infernal sets...we're getting really limited on armor expansion here.

Factorization adds the Exo-Suit, which looks interesting but I haven't really had time to mess with that as yet. I liked Nano being lava resistant cause I spent a lot of time swimming in lava to make geothermal work as intended. (cause volcanos in RP2 PR6 still aren't fixed and they don't have magma chambers, so you have to go find lakes of lava and connect them up to get the best bang for your buck on geothermal really).

Doubtful that anything but Quantum now is lava resistant which makes that whole progression sorta linear and one dimensional. Maybe the Exo-Suit is a viable alternative option.

If you wear a full hazmat suit it will make you immune to lava but provides little to no protection from normal damage.

As for the exo suit they are currently incomplete and the addins are a bit buggy. Also they provide no armor on their own and replies on normal armor that you stack on top of it via it's upgrade system.

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunate though. Quantum is a pretty big jump without EE2, and of course without EE2 theres no DM/RM/Gem/Infernal sets...we're getting really limited on armor expansion here.

Factorization adds the Exo-Suit, which looks interesting but I haven't really had time to mess with that as yet. I liked Nano being lava resistant cause I spent a lot of time swimming in lava to make geothermal work as intended. (cause volcanos in RP2 PR6 still aren't fixed and they don't have magma chambers, so you have to go find lakes of lava and connect them up to get the best bang for your buck on geothermal really).

Doubtful that anything but Quantum now is lava resistant which makes that whole progression sorta linear and one dimensional. Maybe the Exo-Suit is a viable alternative option.

I've gotten up to quantum level on EE-free servers several times in only a few days of hard work.

Running around wearing anything but top gear makes me feel naked and ashamed so I don't get out of my cave until I have at least full Qsuit, nanosaber, and a few mining lasers.

Has anyone tested if a Modular Powersuit with full forcefield strength lets you swim in lava?

Yes it does, and amazingly well at that. You will still take damage, albeit very very slowly, half hearts every 30 seconds or so. However this will quickly drain your suits power bit by bit but it will keep you safe.

To be honest, while a bit of a hassle it is a great alternative to Quantum, until much later and much more fun. I mean come on...a running jump can make you go like...200 blocks. It's insane.