MAC USERS! IMPORTANT FIX! HELLO CRASH PROBLEM.

Cheap Shot

Question

YRZ3q.png

To all MAC users, good news! You may have encountered an issue while trying to download Voltz, Technic dev builds, or the new Tekkit Lite Pack. You would either get to a screen that says "Hello" and download would fail, or it would fail instantly sometimes in the case of Lite. After much work looking into the problem we determined it was related to macs and running FML. We were able to come up with a solution and it is now available.

FOR EVERYONE USING A MAC. Please back up your saves and texture packs and DELETE YOUR TECHNICLAUNCHER folder.

For mac users that folder is located here:

Users/"User Name"/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher

If you have any other trouble doing this, more information is available in the common problems and solutions threads or other places on the forums.

Next you'll want to go to www.technicpack.net and redownload the launcher. DO NOT use the .exe version, it will not work for mac users obviously.

If you have deleted your techniclauncher folder, running the newly downloaded .jar will put a fresh folder in its place.

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now able to play everything! If you have any further issues, they are with your computer. The community can trouble shoot your computers settings to make sure you have things properly set up on your end such as java. Only if you ask nice and aren't lazy though. Thank you to all mac users who helped solve the issue by posting logs and submitting proper bug reports.

• Answers 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

ok i have a pretty big problem. for 1 when i tried to reinstall the new technic launcher my problem got worse. i had been using the one right when the releases the custom modpack 1,2,3 but that was alwayys working fine. when i reinstalled the newer version my old one got corrupt and the new one would get to a screen saying installing fml then it would finish and crash... any solutions?

This '' fix '' didn't work for me :C

I launch the game, it downloads and installs the modpack perfectly but when the '' FML Is setting up your minecraft experience '' thingy comes up it instantly crashes.

Obviously its FML that is the problem still and it seems like this fix only works for 1/1000 people

Note: I have had problems with java in the past and i currently have both Java 6 and Java 7 installed on my MAC but i dont know how to un-install java 7

I GOT IT TO WORK.

I ran this command in Terminal, the TechnicLauncher.jar must be in your downloads folder.

cd Downloads

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

java -jar TechnicLauncher.jar

ok i don't know anything about java or anything really but when i run the launcher i can't even get regular minecraft to run through it. the only pack that shows FML is tekkit lite and voltz. both of which the FML runs fine just as it does in my MultiMC. but the screen stays white fro all of the packs even vanilla. and just quits, no crash report, no mac telling me it's quit unexpectedly. it just quits. i don't know what i'm doing wrong i did the process laid out by cheap shot. nothing. but it takes nothing for me to do anything on multimc i don't need a Lwjgl fix (whatever that is) in fact i run a heavily modded, 80 some mods, through MultiMC no problem. Even trouble shot my way through some stuff when it didn't work. :( but sadly i just can't seem to get your launcher to work. though i'd very much love to. Now i'd like to have some help and all i can tell you is i've got the latest java and mac os. and i am using build 195 of the mac launcher. anything else i can't help with as the launcher itself isn't making any logs like it's not crashing at all. So if anyone can help i'd be very appreciative and if i didn't give enough detail just ask me for more i will try to provide more information but i think i covered just about everything.

ok i don't know anything about java or anything really but when i run the launcher i can't even get regular minecraft to run through it. the only pack that shows FML is tekkit lite and voltz. both of which the FML runs fine just as it does in my MultiMC. but the screen stays white fro all of the packs even vanilla. and just quits, no crash report, no mac telling me it's quit unexpectedly. it just quits. i don't know what i'm doing wrong i did the process laid out by cheap shot. nothing. but it takes nothing for me to do anything on multimc i don't need a Lwjgl fix (whatever that is) in fact i run a heavily modded, 80 some mods, through MultiMC no problem. Even trouble shot my way through some stuff when it didn't work. :( but sadly i just can't seem to get your launcher to work. though i'd very much love to. Now i'd like to have some help and all i can tell you is i've got the latest java and mac os. and i am using build 195 of the mac launcher. anything else i can't help with as the launcher itself isn't making any logs like it's not crashing at all. So if anyone can help i'd be very appreciative and if i didn't give enough detail just ask me for more i will try to provide more information but i think i covered just about everything.

I am in the exact same boat as this guy. my launcher runs FML and completes the process then the minecraft window opens and then it closes and nothing happens.

Hey i think my comp is being a butt because all of the mod packs show but whenever i hit launch with my user/password the launcher crashes. i just got it a few days ago so im new, but i honestly have no idea whats going on! I've tried redownloading it, tried every modpack on there, and even tried another account, but nothing works. if anyone knows whats going on, i cound use some help please! :(

Hey i think my comp is being a butt because all of the mod packs show but whenever i hit launch with my user/password the launcher crashes. i just got it a few days ago so im new, but i honestly have no idea whats going on! I've tried redownloading it, tried every modpack on there, and even tried another account, but nothing works. if anyone knows whats going on, i cound use some help please! :(

also when i download it, the image is a document, not a folder!

IT DOESNT WORK!!!!!! I DONT EVEN HAVE THE FOLDER!!!!! TEKKIT WORKED FINE UNTIL THE NEW VERSION!!!!!! WANNA KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM? LET US DOWNLOAD THE OLD VERSION THAT ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE PISSED OFF. I AM AN OP OF A SERVER THAT NEEDS ME AND YOU RUINED IT!!!!! FIX THE PROBLEM NOW!!!! TO THINK I THOUGHT OF DONATING! I WILL NOT DONATE TO A PLACE THAT HATES ITS CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!

New Launcher

Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion, requires java 6 (1.6.X)

Download Here

1) Unzip

2) Drag to Applications *

3) Launch

* It must stay in the applications folder, and you must no rename it. Temp fix, if I could fork it I would fix it. 4 characters to fix this, shocking.

Well done, it is working great for me. Hope it works for all the other users as well.

New Launcher

Download Here

1) Unzip

3) Launch

* It must stay in the applications folder, and you must no rename it. Temp fix, if I could fork it I would fix it. 4 characters to fix this, shocking.

I love you man. This problem was the most frustrating this ever and you brought the solution. thank you my friend!

I love you man. This problem was the most frustrating this ever and you brought the solution. thank you my friend!

Well done, it is working great for me. Hope it works for all the other users as well.

New Launcher

Download Here

1) Unzip

3) Launch

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!!!!!

New Launcher

Download Here

1) Unzip

3) Launch

Thanks so much man and thanks for pretzel for showing me this :)

New Launcher

Download Here

1) Unzip

3) Launch

Thank you!

New Launcher

Download Here

1) Unzip

3) Launch

@Haritographer, see my latest post. Follow those instructions to the tee and it will work. Make sure you have Java 6 installed too.