MAC USERS! IMPORTANT FIX! HELLO CRASH PROBLEM.

Cheap Shot

Question

YRZ3q.png

To all MAC users, good news! You may have encountered an issue while trying to download Voltz, Technic dev builds, or the new Tekkit Lite Pack. You would either get to a screen that says "Hello" and download would fail, or it would fail instantly sometimes in the case of Lite. After much work looking into the problem we determined it was related to macs and running FML. We were able to come up with a solution and it is now available.

FOR EVERYONE USING A MAC. Please back up your saves and texture packs and DELETE YOUR TECHNICLAUNCHER folder.

For mac users that folder is located here:

Users/"User Name"/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher

If you have any other trouble doing this, more information is available in the common problems and solutions threads or other places on the forums.

Next you'll want to go to www.technicpack.net and redownload the launcher. DO NOT use the .exe version, it will not work for mac users obviously.

If you have deleted your techniclauncher folder, running the newly downloaded .jar will put a fresh folder in its place.

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now able to play everything! If you have any further issues, they are with your computer. The community can trouble shoot your computers settings to make sure you have things properly set up on your end such as java. Only if you ask nice and aren't lazy though. Thank you to all mac users who helped solve the issue by posting logs and submitting proper bug reports.

• Answers 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

New Launcher

Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion, requires java 6 (1.6.X)

Download Here

1) Unzip

2) Drag to Applications *

3) Launch

* It must stay in the applications folder, and you must no rename it. Temp fix, if I could fork it I would fix it. 4 characters to fix this, shocking.

After fiddling around with different things for months, the solution was this simple? Thank you so much!

New Launcher

Download Here

1) Unzip

3) Launch

* It must stay in the applications folder, and you must no rename it. Temp fix, if I could fork it I would fix it. 4 characters to fix this, shocking.

Thank you solved the problem

New Launcher

Download Here

1) Unzip

3) Launch

Didnt work. Where can I download the older launcher that worked?

@nickipop make sure you have installed the Apple Java 1.6.X and updated to the latest version from software update.

Also try deleting your technic folder in

~/Library/Application Support/Technic Launcher

If that still doesn't work, and you have followed the instructions I posted, then I have no clue.

The fix is not a fix because the problem is Java 7, which won't work with Mac when it tries to launch Voltz. I can't launch it or Spoutcraft; the message is always the same, updated version of Java incompatible with MACOSX, and there seems to be nothing at all you can do about it. I'm really annoyed, as I'm paying for a Tekkit server and a Voltz server, and I can't get on them!!!!!! Really, really annoyed, Tekkit! I had the same trouble with FeedTheBeast (have a server in that too; I love setting up servers!) but got round it with a fix someone put up inolving a running code pasted into Terminal on launch; it works every time. I'm looking for the same kind of solution out there; anyone know of it? I'm sure Java can be forced to run the launch command the same way; might try to determine the code myself. But I hope someone has already succeeded.

The fix is not a fix because the problem is Java 7, which won't work with Mac when it tries to launch Voltz. I can't launch it or Spoutcraft; the message is always the same, updated version of Java incompatible with MACOSX, and there seems to be nothing at all you can do about it. I'm really annoyed, as I'm paying for a Tekkit server and a Voltz server, and I can't get on them!!!!!! Really, really annoyed, Tekkit! I had the same trouble with FeedTheBeast (have a server in that too; I love setting up servers!) but got round it with a fix someone put up inolving a running code pasted into Terminal on launch; it works every time. I'm looking for the same kind of solution out there; anyone know of it? I'm sure Java can be forced to run the launch command the same way; might try to determine the code myself. But I hope someone has already succeeded.

Besides the fix is a fix. I and many other people are on mac with java 7, and no one who I have sent my fix to has complained about it not working. Just PM me. Its not technics fault, or macs fault, but when java updated to 7, many lwjgl hooks were changed, which fucked it up on the mac. The lwjgl team has been coding, and is close to releasing a new mac lwjgl. Till then I have been distributing this fix which in essence does the same. Reading this thread wants to make me blow my brains out. Its filled with entitled kids.

So I got on my computer today and saw there was an update. Apple disabled Java 6 in their newest update so for many people that fix has been ruined. Just an FYI for anyone who uses the Java 6 fix don't update unless you have figured out how to get it to work with Java 7. Or just ask Ysharma... He seems to know what he is talking about.

Woah bro, not our fault. We support macs. The problem is macs don't support us! :suicide:

I know that people have luck downgrading to java 6? Later versions don't seem to support this kind of thing.

hey cheap shot this may not be exactly as the bug error posted is but i have a question my friend uses java 7 with windows 7 64 bit and when he gets on the newest launcher all he sees is mod-pack mod-pack mod-pack like there's non whats so ever i don't know if it's illegal to do this but I've been having him take my .minecraft which i made it so it is tekkit lite but minecraft form and him using it so he can get on my server do you know why he can't use the launcher? (P.S. if it is illegal i will not do ti again i promise, and nice suicide animation XD)

hey cheap shot this may not be exactly as the bug error posted is but i have a question my friend uses java 7 with windows 7 64 bit and when he gets on the newest launcher all he sees is mod-pack mod-pack mod-pack like there's non whats so ever i don't know if it's illegal to do this but I've been having him take my .minecraft which i made it so it is tekkit lite but minecraft form and him using it so he can get on my server do you know why he can't use the launcher? (P.S. if it is illegal i will not do ti again i promise, and nice suicide animation XD)

No one is going to arrest you at any rate. What he should try though is running his launcher as admin. It might not think it has permission to download the pack assets or even connect to the net to get them. Just right click and select run as admin from the drop down menu.

No one is going to arrest you at any rate. What he should try though is running his launcher as admin. It might not think it has permission to download the pack assets or even connect to the net to get them. Just right click and select run as admin from the drop down menu.

ok thank you hes lazy at submitting reports and asking for help because he thinks it's not worth it when in reality it would save time just to fix the problem. also he thinks it's his outside internet he thinks it's broken a bit.

When I download the latest launcher, all that downloads is a techniclauncher.jar file. Is this supposed to happen? If so, where do I put this .jar file so I can update the launcher? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

*UPDATE*

So that problem has been fixed. Now the problem is the technic launcher has an incompatibility issue with the latest Java on OSX. What do I do?

Hey I am using a mac and when I try to open the .jar file for mac I get a popup box saying "The Java JAR file "TechnicLauncher.jar" could not be launched check the Console for possible error messages" I am using Mac OS X version 10.5.8 if you know how to fix this please post thanks :)

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Java 7/mac support is now in the launcher, in the form of an update to lwjgl 2.9. Mojang is waiting until Minecraft 1.6 to update LWJGL but I did it for you all early!

It also comes with some performance improvements on Mac/Linux as well.

You should no longer need to downgrade to java 6 on OSX.

Yesterday I was able to run tekkit lite just fine. Today, it crashes before the mojang screen. I have tried deleting the technic folder, reinstalling the pack. I even tried to run the other packs, but got the same result.

I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and I have checked that only Java 6 is running. I have no idea what is causing this.

Thanks.

Give us the entire log.

here's the problem im getting im running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and java 6. every time i try to download java seven im told i need Mac Lion or some stupid crap i dont wanna pay for. but yesterday technic worked fine now today i get an unexpected quit error. i have the log but im not sure how to post it cuz its over the max character limit