Is Tekkit Classic still going to be actively upgraded?

Alsos

The title basically. Is Tekkit going to be actively updated still? To 1.4.6 etc.

I have spent way too much time on my current map to switch to lite. Swicthing to light takes blocks out and messes with the item codes. It would take far too long to fix all the changes it has made all of my creations for it to be a practical solution.

But yea. Anyone know?

(Some people may think this is a stupid of pointless questions but if anyone cared what those people thought then..)

I hope Tekkit gets an update soon. I mean I know this is all volunteer work, but it's really far behind with all the mods and what not.

And no I am not complain about how slow they are, again, I know this is all volunteer, the wait is just killing me (waiting for a few mod updates so I can continue some projects).

Whoops, forgot that one.

And I won't be going to Tekkit Lite. Just like the OP, I have stuff that will probably break on the transition (stuff I have spent way to much time on). The big one I am waiting for is the RailCraft update (holding/boarding rails got messed up, and the fix was put out, at least supposedly)

Someone never read the rules, apparently...

Don't...ask...for...ETAs...

If you really want to update, go play Tekkit Lite.

I don't know what you read but I did not see a request for an ETA anywhere. Some people wondering an "if" question. Not a "when?" one.

Don't worry, he removed it when he saw his mistake, which is probably the best way to do it. For the if question though, CheapShot said at some point recently that Tekkit Classic was just waiting for ForgeBukkit. Or something like that. Hopefully it'll become more stable and so usable, but that could take some time. There really is no way to know.

Don't worry, he removed it when he saw his mistake, which is probably the best way to do it. For the if question though, CheapShot said at some point recently that Tekkit Classic was just waiting for ForgeBukkit. Or something like that. Hopefully it'll become more stable and so usable, but that could take some time. There really is no way to know.

It would be nice cause tekkit lite has no bukket and therefore not many plugins so not very good for servers.

In what way isn't it the same? Unless you mean that you miss plugins etc., that's what an updated Tekkit Classic would be like. Tekkit Lite is just Classic in 1.4.6, and without Bukkit. The mod changes are just what there is available, and if Tekkit did update, it would still have those mods.

In what way isn't it the same? Unless you mean that you miss plugins etc., that's what an updated Tekkit Classic would be like. Tekkit Lite is just Classic in 1.4.6, and without Bukkit. The mod changes are just what there is available, and if Tekkit did update, it would still have those mods.

Basically. Go to this link. http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/3-1-2-alsos-exploration-–-open-pve-20slots-–-protected-exploration.27415/#post-237632

Now imagine all the regular tekkit blocks. Dark matter, red matter, light blocks, panels, half blocks, torches, pillars, fence posts etc (you get the idea) turning into different blocks. For example red matter blocks turning in to wooden slabs, light blocks either turning into wooden stairs that sort of thing.

I ran the world converter on the main page to convert it from classic to lite after that. But what it simply did was take the blocks out or convert them other things taking the effect away from what it originally had in the first place. Certain blocks gave just the right aethetic look. And if lite takes them out. Its not the same =P

Id rather wait to have what i have created then have to make do with something i dont want or have to fill in gaps in which lite has created. If you see what i mean.

I see what you mean but I would upgrade for the updated mods if it were not for the fact that most plugins server wise would not work. I take function over fashion.

usually i would agree with you. But im a creative builder. My friends tend to do the other stuff. So i prefer the aesthetics in my world rather than functionality. I build for looks first. Then give it a fuction otherwise i wouldnt bother.

usually i would agree with you. But im a creative builder. My friends tend to do the other stuff. So i prefer the aesthetics in my world rather than functionality. I build for looks first. Then give it a fuction otherwise i wouldnt bother.

I'm just the opposite build wise. Make it work then make it look good.

I'm just the opposite build wise. Make it work then make it look good.

I dunno. If it was just as simple and transfering over my world and having it replace the no longer used blocks with different ones instanly like the red matter with the red stone blocks or ruby blocks. The light blocks staying where they are. Then i would quite happily rewire. But it takes too much away. Ive been waiting for 1.4.6 because i like a lot of the stuff they have added. And cant wait to use it. But nothing is worth me having to fix all the problems would cause.

Meh. Im cool with waiting i guess. I can do other stuff.

I wrote it in lite fórums and gonna write it here.

Tekkit classic can be updated now the problema is that 1 important mods are missing: Computercraft.

Check on mcportcentral and you will see a lot of work with bukkit and mods.

We just have to wait :D

----

Edit ther eis only missing Computercraft:

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.4.6

I wrote it in lite fórums and gonna write it here.

Tekkit classic can be updated now the problema is that 2 important mods/apis are missing: Computercraft and a Forge Compatible Bukkit.

Check on mcportcentral and you will see a lot of work with bukkit and mods.

We just have have to wait :)

Fixed

Please don't talk about Forestry or the Noble DongQueen the 1st. It has some bad rep on here, (we have stopped hating it though)

Edit ther eis only missing Computercraft:

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.4.6

Also Redpower, immibis mods and some other minor stuff nobody cares about. Besides, there's also the bukkitforge/forgebukkit/forge/bukkit mess thing that I don't quite understand good enough to make any sophisticated guesses for the ETA that this thread so much shouts for (although avoiding the actual word as per the rules).