Stable Nuclear Reactor

Zantox

Heres one, takes quite a bit more effort, but more eu/t.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7i4sc5eycp4k78cl3bn0k3va4l5laljt7a23eqvdqm4tf8575jnijqr6cknyabop2ilflmn0xhq8

2960 eu/t, very resource heavy (ex. 2710 copper ingots), but a lot of energy enough for 592 UU matter WITHOUT scrap, with scrap you can make a lot more.

I could make one more effecient, but don't currently have the time to do so.

Heres one, takes quite a bit more effort, but more eu/t.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7i4sc5eycp4k78cl3bn0k3va4l5laljt7a23eqvdqm4tf8575jnijqr6cknyabop2ilflmn0xhq8

2960 eu/t, very resource heavy (ex. 2710 copper ingots), but a lot of energy enough for 592 UU matter WITHOUT scrap, with scrap you can make a lot more.

I could make one more effecient, but don't currently have the time to do so.

I generally tend to avoid using condensators THAT heavily because it takes a lot of Lapis. I have lots of Lapis, but still...

Pretty efficient design, though. I might try that out once I have that much Lapis to spare.

Loki, Thats an awesome setup for a reactor.

May I suggest this reactor setup. Very little resources (and work) involved. No need to change anything and can be adjusted based upon power demands. I literally just sat here and put patterns into the planner to see what would work. I came up with this

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7gt3oo8zzh3xs52kwuibx00frvnrv7neurs00qsn5hli5a5p8ewirm4nszuwar8jwrtm0cmess8w

May I suggest this reactor setup. Very little resources (and work) involved. No need to change anything and can be adjusted based upon power demands. I literally just sat here and put patterns into the planner to see what would work. I came up with this

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7gt3oo8zzh3xs52kwuibx00frvnrv7neurs00qsn5hli5a5p8ewirm4nszuwar8jwrtm0cmess8w

Wow, that's actually more efficient AND gives 8 million more EU than my reactor design.

May I suggest this reactor setup. Very little resources (and work) involved. No need to change anything and can be adjusted based upon power demands. I literally just sat here and put patterns into the planner to see what would work. I came up with this:

It lives and runs as long as you have fuel, also plenty of room to breed with as well without any reconfiguration of the cooling system.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7gt3oo8zzh44bnorgjiptkmfhi4wjjen8abvlam3rq27hyr3qaoauskk5nmwjv5w7knwvf4bxo8w

If you're able to wait (and time it right), you can breed 12 cells off of this in 2.5hrs

Very little resources, costs 450,000 EMC to build? Try this one:

52,000,000 EU/cycle (260 EU/tick), Efficiency 4.33, 340,000 EMC to build, 10,000 EMC to run.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p67so9t4jhjhflkoyyllnn2nyho0tdgfoes1ls8t3nhgwl36mp7q3qbdzhyd42dhb8rhyp44vspog

My setup is the way it is for one reason, flexibility. I can do breed and run both in the same housing.

Something else to note that EMC doesnt work the same way as the past. Quad and Dual rods, if I'm not mistaken, don't turn into near-depleted cells, thereby removing your chances of breeding it back.

You can take 2 uranium, turn it into 1 uranium cell, then turn the other into 8 near-depleted cells. Using the first cell, breeding 4. Again, with my setup, you can run it as full reactor at 240eu/t, or run it in breeder mode with 160eu/t with no changes whatsoever (with the exception of rod placement).

Also be careful with those thermal monitors! You can invert their output by clicking in the area below the readout screen (the hatched area with change when you do so).

Using the layout DW20 used in Season 3 SMP: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7ds7vmlpuugevixzfassk3rrpkq6s0chuzcn6pw5iwcv9l17gdfus1kstulqxgigg1zl73grp1q8

Mark I-EA, 64M EU/cycle (320 EU/t), have it rigged to auto-shutoff once the MFSUs are full.

Impressive, and a nice idea to have it power off when the power's not being consumed.

My setup is the way it is for one reason, flexibility. I can do breed and run both in the same housing.

Something else to note that EMC doesnt work the same way as the past. Quad and Dual rods, if I'm not mistaken, don't turn into near-depleted cells, thereby removing your chances of breeding it back.

You can take 2 uranium, turn it into 1 uranium cell, then turn the other into 8 near-depleted cells. Using the first cell, breeding 4. Again, with my setup, you can run it as full reactor at 240eu/t, or run it in breeder mode with 160eu/t with no changes whatsoever (with the exception of rod placement).

Also be careful with those thermal monitors! You can invert their output by clicking in the area below the readout screen (the hatched area with change when you do so).

I only use EMC as a value as it's a good indicator of "cost" to build. You could also use UU-matter as a "cost" radar, but EMC is easier.

And I understand the hybridity of your reactor, very effective for a single set-up. But it's better (i.e., more cost-effective uranium wise) to have a dedicated breeder reactor, Mk II or higher. Depleted uranium "cooks" faster if the reactor is hot. Not ideal for a main reactor, since it doesn't produce a lot of energy, but better as it takes less uranium to breed more re-enriched cells.

For example, this Mk II breeder that I found on the IC2 forums breeds 4 cells roughly every 2,000 seconds. Meaning if you set it on a timer, it'll breed 20 re-enriched cells for every uranium you put in. Plus it doesn't have any cool-down time, so theoretically you should be able to run it even after it's hot for even greater effect. It's an absolutely ingenious design, props to whoever made it.

And even still, your reactor is very expensive to build... Let's see if we can have the same effect but cut down on costs.

This one's not bad... But it doens't seem to work with an all-uranium set up. Let's fix that.

This one works, it's fairly inexpensive. But it's still very overkill. We can do better.

There we go. And about 160,000 EMC cheaper than your original.

Pro-tip: Don't use diamond heat vents if you can help it. They're expensive, and gold ones are better in almost every way. ;)

The new uranium cells still turn into near-depleted cells. It's just that they have the same chance to turn into near-depleted cells, as group. So when using quad cells, you'd get 4 near-depleted cells 25% of the time, and nothing the other 75% of the time.

The new uranium cells still turn into near-depleted cells. It's just that they have the same chance to turn into near-depleted cells, as group. So when using quad cells, you'd get 4 near-depleted cells 25% of the time, and nothing the other 75% of the time.

This is good information, as I did not see it anywhere in the documentation. Also the bug that was noted where they burn at 2x and 4x (respectively) faster rates was also my concern.

Pro-tip: Don't use diamond heat vents if you can help it. They're expensive, and gold ones are better in almost every way. ;)

I will adjust the configuration to see if I can knock the costs down a bit more.

Just a bit of a question, has anyone noticed that they dont need a chunk loader around their reactor? If I log out during the time its running and come back, it finished its cycle.

The reactor processes ticks on load so if you move out of chunk for 500 ticks when you come back it will snap though 500 ticks to catch up

Careful though as reactors can explode from the sudden influx of heat ticks unless the way the catch up has been redone, I found that out when a few houses on a classic server of mine ended up with a city district being leveled from an unloaded reactor

Using the layout DW20 used in Season 3 SMP: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7ds7vmlpuugevixzfassk3rrpkq6s0chuzcn6pw5iwcv9l17gdfus1kstulqxgigg1zl73grp1q8

Mark I-EA, 64M EU/cycle (320 EU/t), have it rigged to auto-shutoff once the MFSUs are full.

Now, that's just beautiful. Best "turn on and forget" setup i've seen so far.

Mine's to squeeze every bit of juice in them fuel rods.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7gthfyh0p6eed4botrrn22vu8bitjvjag01tvqku3e6htlfr366sibh4obo4tdwwtb0ba9tyl8g0

I had a conservative mind, but since I gave myself 64 more uranium ingots as sort of a packup and move out from my old world, and found some 20 more in my new world, using that much cooper on those reflector plates just seems silly right now.

To design it, it just put on some patterns of components, while learning about them, to see what was good, then fidled with it to spend less diamonds (I got plans for those gems).

This is the breeder I'm using: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?pvnpvubpujjlty7bb7wscbtdvmu6x8dty2rqubxm7xtfmg1g55hj3bjf34e8ly4aba4vpbxkbdgo8lz30

The planner lies, though. It actually puts out 10 EU/t rather than 5.

Stole it from somewhere but damned if I can remember. After building these two, I'm woefully short on copper so I don't think I'll be expanding the breeder anytime soon.

So other than the low output stable reactors.

Is there anyone who made a high output reactor thats stable? since the Ice cooling is gone i have actually not found a setup for high output and stable (with outside cooling or normal)

So other than the low output stable reactors.

Is there anyone who made a high output reactor thats stable? since the Ice cooling is gone i have actually not found a setup for high output and stable (with outside cooling or normal)

Sadly thats the problem. EE2 made them so reliable that it was ridiculous at 1024 eu/t. The author is challenging us to improve our designs. It's going to be a while before someone sits down and does this with some serious math calculations and not us just randomly stuffing components in patterns.

On another note, you can just build multiple, low-output, safe reactors and get a paralleled improvement.

• 1 month later...

ive created a mark one stable reactor full cycle and no cool down time, [812,000,000EU in total]

[4060EU/t]

reactor v3 layout below :)

*NOPE*

Used an adf.ly skipper, found this.

It's just a bunch of quads with condensators. Do you know how much time and resources you need to maintain those? I'd rather have a reactor where you only need to replace the uranium.