Why must all Voltz servers be PvP, Dammit! [Rant]

poryy

Lately, I've been trying to find a good voltz server, but all of them are PvP, which automatically puts the on my POS list! Is there ANY logical reason to allow griefing?!?

There is NOTHING I hate more than idiot owners bandwagoning just because some people say PvP and griefing is "hardcore". So, consider this when making a server, dammit! Make something new and exciting! Not some overused, overrated, "hardcore" server! JEEZ!

Yea i dont mind the pvp aspect but i find that new players get "owned" repeatedly and hunted down and raided. This type of server "voltz mod" with out protections like "towny" force ppl to move 10k from spawn to avoid getting raided. It lags the server very hard with everyone on boats in the oceans loading 3billion chunks. I haven't found a good server yet. I've played alot. Also the updates usually break the maps and have to be wiped. I quit playing voltz and do not recommend it to anyone not interested in playing with only their friends. Open servers are trash at the moment except for the most experienced players. Tekkit lite is pretty fun since ee is gone now. I'd stick with that.

Yea i dont mind the pvp aspect but i find that new players get "owned" repeatedly and hunted down and raided. This type of server "voltz mod" with out protections like "towny" force ppl to move 10k from spawn to avoid getting raided. It lags the server very hard with everyone on boats in the oceans loading 3billion chunks. I haven't found a good server yet. I've played alot. Also the updates usually break the maps and have to be wiped. I quit playing voltz and do not recommend it to anyone not interested in playing with only their friends. Open servers are trash at the moment except for the most experienced players. Tekkit lite is pretty fun since ee is gone now. I'd stick with that.

man ee is the best but i agree on the voltz i am a big fan of the yogscast and have wanted to try voltz out beacause they are playing it now but there are no good servers could u at least have a server that is factions but it saves your inventory once u die that would be nice

You could always make your own server, you know.

I haven't played Voltz yet, but it looks like an arms race to me. So PvP is the only logical thing. What else are you going to shoot at? Villagers?

Yeah, at the moment, there's not much to spend your power on besides missiles. Shame really, that such a nice base has so few uses at the moment. Given time there will probably be more to do. I've got a few ideas germinating myself...

Lately, I've been trying to find a good voltz server, but all of them are PvP, which automatically puts the on my POS list! Is there ANY logical reason to allow griefing?!?

There is NOTHING I hate more than idiot owners bandwagoning just because some people say PvP and griefing is "hardcore". So, consider this when making a server, dammit! Make something new and exciting! Not some overused, overrated, "hardcore" server! JEEZ!

what are you looking for in a server? i will be opening one soon and want to hear peoples suggestions

• 2 months later...

I don't mind the pvp/raiding, as long as both sides agree to attacking each other. Nothing is worse than being in your base and suddenly just exploding. And the people who think that random griefing is okay are clearly illogical and stupid. What is the point of putting in effort if someone joins the server and just finds your base and steals everything?

"What is the point of putting in effort if someone joins the server and just finds your base and steals everything?"

Make it hard to find and defend it. Voltz could do with a bit more defensive kit but it's not as if there's none.

On the old everybody spread far and wide/many chunks loaded point it's perfectly possible to have many chunks loaded and not have server lag issues. You need a crapton of ram and very fast IO.

The thing with Voltz over Tekkit I find is it's obviously less communal. Wheras in Tekkit you can set up in towns and stuff, in Voltz you're going to get raided so you have to move away from everybody, especially when you're just starting out. The problem with playing Voltz without PvP is you might as well be playing FTB - once you have your antimatter, what are you going to fire it at?

Been working on setting up a Voltz server for a while, my first thought was the subject of the topic but having spent a while in various servers where PvP is the norm I've changed my mind on it.