Technic Launcher 2.0 BETA - Get it in here!

sct

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i don't know where to put this but i download your launcher and I DID NOT GET A LAUNCHER i got a zip folder with all the components of the launcher i don't know but i think the zip folder is supposed to be the .EXE but somehow got turned into a .ZIP i don't know what to do because everytime i download the launcher i get the .ZIP instead

:siren: Good news everyone! The new Technic Launcher is making massive strides in progress and we are ready to have everyone start testing it! :siren:

sdiYXG4.jpg

Download it here: http://beta.technicpack.net/download

The launcher will automatically update when new builds are pushed. For now if you have issues with the launcher please refrain from posting beta bugs on the forums until we have a proper place set up for it. Instead, come hop in IRC by clicking Chat at the top of the forums or joining us with your favorite IRC client and let us know in there.

The launcher is very much beta so a lot of stuff is still bound to change!

Enjoy guys! Let us know what you think!

Great! But there's a problem. I've made a server, but only I can go on it, using the computer I'm running the internet server on. I have unbanned who I wanted to come on, I opped them, I turned the whitelist off, and I restarted the server. Anybody know how to fix it?

P.S. Beta doesn't have Technic Pack?!

:siren: Good news everyone! The new Technic Launcher is making massive strides in progress and we are ready to have everyone start testing it! :siren:

sdiYXG4.jpg

Download it here: http://beta.technicpack.net/download

The launcher will automatically update when new builds are pushed. For now if you have issues with the launcher please refrain from posting beta bugs on the forums until we have a proper place set up for it. Instead, come hop in IRC by clicking Chat at the top of the forums or joining us with your favorite IRC client and let us know in there.

The launcher is very much beta so a lot of stuff is still bound to change!

Enjoy guys! Let us know what you think!

YAY! I got it and its AWESOME!!!! Thanks for releasing it guys! •_• (Eyes glued to screen)

Great! But there's a problem. I've made a server, but only I can go on it, using the computer I'm running the internet server on. I have unbanned who I wanted to come on, I opped them, I turned the whitelist off, and I restarted the server. Anybody know how to fix it?

P.S. Beta doesn't have Technic Pack?!

I was almost tempted not to help you. You posted about an unrelated topic on an unrelated thread, in cafe lame, even though we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to helping people like you. But I just aced my midterm a few minutes ago, so I'm feeling helpful today.

You must tell your home's router were it should send all incoming traffic related to your minecraft server. To do this, you must find out the computer your server is running on's local IP address(google search). Then open up your router's settings and tell it to forward all traffic on port (22565 I believe is default. It is in your server's property file to make sure). In the Port Forwarding options (google search). Save the settings, and you should be good to go. To connect, if you are on the same computer use "localhost", if you are on the same local network, use your server's local ip address, if you are outside your home network, use your home's public ip address (google search "what's my ip?").

But really dude, give the stickied rules post a quick read, this way I'll be able to help you in the future as I browse the help sub-forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the new payout and the custom mod pacs. I can't understand how to use the custom ones yet, but if someone could help me that would be great. Otherwise tekkit light NEEDS MORE MODS. All it has are some wired mod I don,t know. All it needs is Buildcraft Industrialcraft, computercraft and knot enough items.

I love the new payout and the custom mod pacs. I can't understand how to use the custom ones yet, but if someone could help me that would be great. Otherwise tekkit light NEEDS MORE MODS. All it has are some wired mod I don,t know. All it needs is Buildcraft Industrialcraft, computercraft and knot enough items.

• How do I add a pack from the Platform to the Launcher?

Go to the platform page for the pack you want to play, and copy the platform URL (or click the URL button next to it to copy to clipboard). Open the new launcher. Click "Add New Pack" in the pack select slide. Click "paste". Click "Add Modpack" to add it or "Change Folder" to tell the Launcher to save that modpack to a different location then usual. Done.

It is so goddamn easy it hurts. I feel like, we are so used to having to suffer to play mods, let alone mods in pack form. Not being punished for wanting to play modded Minecraft will take some getting used to.

• How do I add a pack from the Platform to the Launcher?

Go to the platform page for the pack you want to play, and copy the platform URL (or click the URL button next to it to copy to clipboard). Open the new launcher. Click "Add New Pack" in the pack select slide. Click "paste". Click "Add Modpack" to add it or "Change Folder" to tell the Launcher to save that modpack to a different location then usual. Done.

It is so goddamn easy it hurts. I feel like, we are so used to having to suffer to play mods, let alone mods in pack form. Not being punished for wanting to play modded Minecraft will take some getting used to.

You've done a really great job on this! It was so easy for me to create and upload a pack to the platform!

Questions:

1A. Will there be a section for custom packs, so we can post the packs in, get suggestions or have people report bugs? (or maybe ask people to do artwork or help with the pack)

1B. or have people report bugs? Will there be a separate section for only the bugs?

2. Do the servers of the platform packs belong in the custom pack section, or will there be a separate section for these?

You've done a really great job on this! It was so easy for me to create and upload a pack to the platform!

Questions:

1A. Will there be a section for custom packs, so we can post the packs in, get suggestions or have people report bugs? (or maybe ask people to do artwork or help with the pack)

1B. or have people report bugs? Will there be a separate section for only the bugs?

2. Do the servers of the platform packs belong in the custom pack section, or will there be a separate section for these?

I can answer some of these. The whole Platform is for custom packs so there wont really be a section. It'll be the whole index. I suppose there are two sections. You can list both public or private packs. Private being of course only those you give access to.

I don't know about bug tracking. At the moment each uploaded pack has a page which you can update with information. I believe you can also display a link to your own site so you could easily link your own blog or forums of some kind. Enjin can hook you up with all that good stuff. There are some other tools available on the pack page but I wont get into it since its still closed beta and things can still change.

The servers using the platform to maintain a custom mod loadout belong in the custom pack section section yes. It occcurs to me that those threads would be a reasonable place for bug reporting. We won't be hosting or providing support for custom packs though (obviously) so you'll be dealing with each pack maintainer directly.

EE3 isn't done yet, so whatever was your favourite part of EE2 (I'm guessing the ability to create something from nothing. ;) ) might return in some form or other.

Pahimar has stated a way to passively create energy will be there, but nerfed.

Onto topic, REALLY REALLY good job Cheap! (The others too)

I can answer some of these. The whole Platform is for custom packs so there wont really be a section. It'll be the whole index. I suppose there are two sections. You can list both public or private packs. Private being of course only those you give access to.

I don't know about bug tracking. At the moment each uploaded pack has a page which you can update with information. I believe you can also display a link to your own site so you could easily link your own blog or forums of some kind. Enjin can hook you up with all that good stuff. There are some other tools available on the pack page but I wont get into it since its still closed beta and things can still change.

The servers using the platform to maintain a custom mod loadout belong in the custom pack section section yes. It occcurs to me that those threads would be a reasonable place for bug reporting. We won't be hosting or providing support for custom packs though (obviously) so you'll be dealing with each pack maintainer directly.

Hm, thanks for answering my questions, I've made the forums for the Magician's Cookbook pack ^.^

How can you be invited for beta testing? I actually have a modpack that I wish to test...

I'm pretty sure coming onto the irc and asking is good enough, well, I got mine when I said I was working on a pack.