FORESTRY IS ALLOWED IN TEKKIT! READ

AnonTakesOver

This is copied from the forestry site http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=main:downloads

"Mod Packs: You are free to add Forestry to your modpack and redistribute it, as long as the modpack is strictly non-profit and none of the other mods are included against their license. Yes, this even applies to packs made by people I don't like. Don't expect me to play tech support for your modpack though. (Applies to 2.0.0.6+ and later.)"

I underlined a.... certain section

This is copied from the forestry site http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=main:downloads

"Mod Packs: You are free to add Forestry to your modpack and redistribute it, as long as the modpack is strictly non-profit and none of the other mods are included against their license. Yes, this even applies to packs made by people I don't like. Don't expect me to play tech support for your modpack though. (Applies to 2.0.0.6+ and later.)"

I underlined a.... certain section

Yes, we're all aware of this. Future inclusion of forestry is, in my opinion (which isn't absolute, mind you), unlikely. The problem is that Sengir has already proven that he is willing to attack players to get at devs. This puts players at risk, and adds work to the devs who would then have to check every new version of forestry extensively to see if Sengir had changed his mind again.

Yes, we're all aware of this. Future inclusion of forestry is, in my opinion (which isn't absolute, mind you), unlikely. The problem is that Sengir has already proven that he is willing to attack players to get at devs. This puts players at risk, and adds work to the devs who would then have to check every new version of forestry extensively to see if Sengir had changed his mind again.

If they were to put a virus in there mod this time, then im sure there is some internet law/terms and etc. i dont really know

Also for the exploding bees. that was because he was angry at the time, his mod was added with no perms and obviously wasnt happy, "Yes, this even applies to packs made by people I don't like."

Im sure this means he wont do it again, also they could add it to a dev build, since its not their fault if your world crashes, because its a dev build, and if there is no virus's and such then good

Another thing is if they add the current version of forestry to tekkit lite, then use the same forestry for the rest of 1.4.6-7 tekkit lite, because forestry is suppose to work fine with tekkit now..

If they were to put a virus in there mod this time, then im sure there is some internet law/terms and etc. i dont really know

Also for the exploding bees. that was because he was angry at the time, his mod was added with no perms and obviously wasnt happy, "Yes, this even applies to packs made by people I don't like."

Im sure this means he wont do it again, also they could add it to a dev build, since its not their fault if your world crashes, because its a dev build, and if there is no virus's and such then good

Another thing is if they add the current version of forestry to tekkit lite, then use the same forestry for the rest of 1.4.6-7 tekkit lite, because forestry is suppose to work fine with tekkit now..

You aren't understanding. He's proven that he sees attacking users as a valid conflict resolution model. This adds a significant risk to the users or a significant workload to the devs. Neither of those things are acceptable. The fact that he's opened up his license MAY be a sign that he won't freak out about it again, but we can't be sure about that. the two things we CAN be sure about are that he's capable of changing his mind in a significant fashion, with little or no warning, and that if he changes his mind in the wrong direction, he's willing and ready to cause significant damage.

As for the legal nonsense, don't even bother. There aren't going to be any lawsuits over minecraft mods one way or another, unless somebody does something that causes java to delete data outside of minecraft.

It's just not worth the risk/work.

Forestry isn't coming to Technic. That was made abundantly clear when Sengir put malicious code in his mod which still exists to this day (It's commented out, though). This proves Sengir is capable of such a thing, and it's not worth the risk, hassle or trouble to include it in Technic.

Forestry initially interested me a great deal, but I came in after this whole fiasco happened and was not sure of the reason for its removal. Knowing that the mod author was willing to put malicious code in and attack users just to get at other developers makes me never want to use it.

Regardless of this, I don't think it'll be coming back. A person willing to put malicious code into his mod is not a person who deserves a spot in this pack.

/Agree

Yes, this even applies to packs made by people I don't like.

Regardless of some personal grudge... there are many other users/players who use this pack and greatly appreciate the work the technic team and the modding community put forth. To just rip a mod out from under the users of the mod pack without even an ounce of consideration shows that you don't care a whole heck of a lot about the minecraft community as a whole. If it wasn't for technic I would have never heard of almost all of these mods with exception to redpower2.

Well you seem very confident saying that but they have adverts, 40 000 registered users, at 1 dollar per click I think that equals profit. I'm no expert but everyone can see the ads.

@Teraku, so you're saying they do have income, but no profits? How could they possibly predict how many clicks they're going to get, and you think they're just going to say no to any money that goes over their needs? What happens if the ads don't make enough money to pay expenses?

I want to add its not a bad thing wanting to make money..

Well you seem very confident saying that but they have adverts, 40 000 registered users, at 1 dollar per click I think that equals profit. I'm no expert but everyone can see the ads.

The advertisers pay to have ads displayed on the website, they don't pay Kaker & Co. to make users to click on them. >_>

Oh god not this crap again...

wastipk, show me where you pay for technic. Show me where you are forced to click through adfly crap to get the pack or launcher.

Hell, please show me ANY adfly links on these forums. We mods love nuking them from orbit (it's really the only way to be sure).

You don't have to pay a single penny or view a single ad to get the pack and play all you want. How is that for profit?

"Technic is a money making scam" is a favorite rally cry of the idiot haters on the IC2 forums. They've gone so far as to claim kakermix has hacked paypal to siphon donations from the mod authors.

Go search on there for the math they tried to use to prove kaker was making bank off this place. It's really freakin hilarious watching them try to justify their claims of near free hosting costs and $1.25/ad view (per single view, not hundreds or thousands) for this place.

Oh god not this crap again...

wastipk, show me where you pay for technic. Show me where you are forced to click through adfly crap to get the pack or launcher.

Hell, please show me ANY adfly links on these forums. We mods love nuking them from orbit (it's really the only way to be sure).

You don't have to pay a single penny or view a single ad to get the pack and play all you want. How is that for profit?

"Technic is a money making scam" is a favorite rally cry of the idiot haters on the IC2 forums. They've gone so far as to claim kakermix has hacked paypal to siphon donations from the mod authors.

Go search on there for the math they tried to use to prove kaker was making bank off this place. It's really freakin hilarious watching them try to justify their claims of near free hosting costs and $1.25/ad view (per single view, not hundreds or thousands) for this place.

As usual, people just want to argue with me. I swear thats all most of you are here for. I assumed they make a profit because of the way the whole thing looks professional. OK so they don't.. fine.. Why is every one here so defensive. And when the fuck did I ever say anything about a scam? I'm saying they should make money because they deserve it and you twist that into THEIR SCAMERS. What is your problem?

Jumping to conclusions like you just did is what spawned the "technic is stealing money from modders!" bullshit in the first place.

"It's too professional. No one would waste money to do something like that."

Next time think before you make claims like that. I'm sick of dealing with it, the last time I did the haters called in sengir to flame me knowing I wouldn't fight back and start a flame war on alblaka's forums.