Modular Force Field System and Advanced Repulsion System

Mr_Pink

Oh ok , that explain everything . Anyway i personally prefer Advanced Repulsion System as it has lasers ( frikkin' awesome lazerz ! ) and advanced tesla coils , and also it's only power dependant while mffs relys also on a ore ( monazite ) witch is not so common if you have started your world before this update :P

Oh ok , that explain everything . Anyway i personally prefer Advanced Repulsion System as it has lasers ( frikkin' awesome lazerz ! ) and advanced tesla coils , and also it's only power dependant while mffs relys also on a ore ( monazite ) witch is not so common if you have started your world before this update :P

MFFS has a way to generate monazite from EU and power the fields with out mining the ore but it greatly increases the power needed to run the system. A better option is the UU-matter recipe it adds for monazite which is possibly cheaper then running the fields with out it.

Personally I like MFFS better as it has more options for protecting areas with its defense stations as well as better protection from cheaters. Namely the ability to strip trespassers of armor/items that you do not approve of such as their quantum suit or other destructive items. Insuring that the protection offered by the system cannot be bypassed by any means other then going into creative.

However at this point it would be best to avoid swapping from ARS to MFFS due to the need to regen worlds for the monazite which really helps to reduce the energy costs of the mod.

MFFS has a way to generate monazite from EU and power the fields with out mining the ore but it greatly increases the power needed to run the system. A better option is the UU-matter recipe it adds for monazite which is possibly cheaper then running the fields with out it.

Personally I like MFFS better as it has more options for protecting areas with its defense stations as well as better protection from cheaters. Namely the ability to strip trespassers of armor/items that you do not approve of such as their quantum suit or other destructive items. Insuring that the protection offered by the system cannot be bypassed by any means other then going into creative.

However at this point it would be best to avoid swapping from ARS to MFFS due to the need to regen worlds for the monazite which really helps to reduce the energy costs of the mod.

You pinpointed the problem , MFFS require to restart a fresh new world to be efficiently take advantage of , and as many of us have already started a world from a long time it's not a good thing . Anyway i like much the security devices of MFFS but i don't think that they could be used in a normal server as it's equivalent to steal , probably in some anarchy servers these devices are premitted .