Auto sort macerator buffer question

bradbrochill

I'm a 2 week old noob to tekkit lite after starting on my friends private server. I'm currently building my auto sort and smelt factory and I'm stuck on finding the best way to buffer or sort my macerators. Right now I have my ores from an ender chest pumped into several macerators. The ore is separated by type with diamomd filters and then sent to macerators. Is there an efficient way to have all the overworld and nether ores feed into only a few macerators without having the ore pop out? Maybe some form of a macerator buffer?

I use advanced insertion buildcraft pipes. whenever one is connected to somewhere it can deposit items, it'll check if it can put it in. If not, it'll send it to one of the other routes off itself. With this you can create a feedback loop and your items will just cycle around a loop until one of the connected macerators is unoccupied.

With a rotary macerator, you might be able to do with one. Place a lever on or just beside it, so that you can make it stay on at all times(takes a little standby-electricity, but it also means that it's really fast always.)

...rotary macerator...

Be careful using an R-Mace because unlike the Induc Furnace it doesn't process both slots at once, the 2nd slot is for special recipes

You had best block off both the 2nd top and the bottom slots as I've watched the fill with overflow materials

I use advanced insertion buildcraft pipes. whenever one is connected to somewhere it can deposit items, it'll check if it can put it in. If not, it'll send it to one of the other routes off itself. With this you can create a feedback loop and your items will just cycle around a loop until one of the connected macerators is unoccupied.

This. The very best. No cloggings, backlogs, or what have you, but do know that if you put gold pipes in there and throw an insane amount of items in the loop you will get some visual effects. (just throw a few types of stuff in there that doesn't macerate and keep adding blocks to the pipes)

I would suggest doing thesame what Yakkers said about a feedback loop ( I already do this all the time now ), but then with RP tubes and relays. Just have all the items which couldn't enter a machine back to the relay and then it outputs it back to try it all again. Make sure that the relay is the fartest destination in the loop, or else everything will stay looping in the relay and won't go to the machines.

And for extracting the items from the machines, I would use Routers, as they go very fast and don't need redstone timers. Pretty expensive to make though.

My preferred setup is a little more complex. I have an input chest and a sorting machine. Then from the the sorting machine I sort them into the macerator or the furnace or back to the chest overflow chest. In that physical order. Then I have a retriever sucking from those three into the input chest. Finally there is a separate colored line for ingots to leave the system. What happens is the retriever controls how fast the system runs. It doesn't pull new ores or dusts till the macerator and furnace are empty. But anything coming out of the macerator usually goes straight into the furnace.

I would suggest doing thesame what Yakkers said about a feedback loop ( I already do this all the time now ), but then with RP tubes and relays. Just have all the items which couldn't enter a machine back to the relay and then it outputs it back to try it all again.

Why would you do that when the strong point of a redpower logistic system is that it won't output items if they have no valid destination?

Anyway, regarding OP's question, the most compact solution is to use logistic pipes with

- quicksort module on your input chest

- item sink module on your input chest, defined as default route

- item sink module on the macerators with relevant ores

- extractor module on the macerators

Why would you do that when the strong point of a redpower logistic system is that it won't output items if they have no valid destination?

Anyway, regarding OP's question, the most compact solution is to use logistic pipes with

- quicksort module on your input chest

- item sink module on your input chest, defined as default route

- item sink module on the macerators with relevant ores

- extractor module on the macerators

Won't that constantly cycle items out of then back into the input chest if the macerator has a different kind of ore?

No, the pipe won't try to insert a new ore type if there's already another one.

I get that but won't the quicksort module never stop ejecting the same ore over and over till the macerator is empty?

Though some gates and pipe wire could be used to disable the module?

I get that but won't the quicksort module never stop ejecting the same ore over and over till the macerator is empty?

True I guess.

But a rotary macerator will grind ores faster than a quarry can mine them.

I suppose if you have a huge input, that might become a problem.

Though some gates and pipe wire could be used to disable the module?

Indeed, gates have a function to disable a logistic pipe.