Drunkraft(WIP) - Discussion and Suggestion

Lethosos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aging in a barrel (which is subject to the evaporation) makes booze "smoother", develops the taste profile more, and concentrates it slightly.

As a design decision, having an aging process that enhances the potion effects of the booze at the cost of slowly draining away the booze quantity in the barrel is a very good idea. It's a good time/reward tradeoff with solid basis in real life mechanics and benefits larger operations than small ones.

Yep! The in-game effect will be a stronger potion effect with a bit less impact on your BAL value. The topic came up on rum, which has a faster maturation effect due to climate. Dunno how that can be implemented, I'm not gonna tie anything to biomes AFAIK.

Now now, I need to get the basics up first. :D BAL is simply Blood Alcohol Level. Gonna be using that as a hidden attribute to determine alcohol poisoning.

I am having a bit of an issue of where to get yeast, though.

Was thinking about macerating mushrooms, but yeah I can do that. Will need to have a sustainable method of making more yeast just from a starter batch.

What if they don't have IC2 installed? Why not just make it so that you can crush mushrooms like you can crush bones.

Yeast is a free floating organism that prefers water, the powder form most are familiar with is actually mostly dead yeast surrounding some barely living samples.

Since it's present in the air you should just make a ceramic pot block that holds water, consumes sugar, and houses a yeast colony. If it doesn't have a colony it has a slight chance of generating one.

Water- levels only change when water is added or yeast extracted with a bottle.

Sugar- Consumed by the yeast colony, a stronger colony eats sugar piles faster

Yeast- Denoted as a colony "strength" in the gui. Adding water weakens the colony (diluting the yeast), time with plenty of food strengthens the colony.

Done, I will refer to this when I build the Starter Pot. I will add bottles of Liquid Yeast to dungeon loot tables in the meantime. Let's see about getting a preliminary version pushed out for you guys to check out soon.

What if they don't have IC2 installed? Why not just make it so that you can crush mushrooms like you can crush bones.

Who will use a mod with BuildCraft and such support, without it? Heck, who even uses Forge w/o IC2 and/or Buildcraft?

• 2 weeks later...

I realize the mod's still full-on work in progress, but I do hope you'll reconsider the name of the mod once it's in a presentable condition.

Considering you're going through the effort of adding machines to aid in the brewing, I don't think you should lay the focus on merely the "getting drunk" bit of alcohol.

I don't really have an alternative though, other than maybe "Brewing Blocks" or something equally silly.