Compiling a modpack

Ben_Holy_Land

HI so i tried this following all the steps above and got this when trying to add it

Stack Trace:

Exception: EOFException

Trace:

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUByte(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUShort(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

org.spoutcraft.diff.JBPatch.bspatch(JBPatch.java:94)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.util.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraft(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:71)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.updateMinecraft(UpdateThread.java:319)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.runTasks(UpdateThread.java:123)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:108)

I think i got this error because I purposely left the mod folder empty but then again the samething happened when I had a mod in there. Do you think it didnt work because the mod i used was outdated? or because of something else. Isn't there a video I can watch to help all of us get through this more easily? Please let me know what you guys think.

Here is my folder and also this is not for a server just for regular single player

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mzew2m191504seb/MlePj_6hBm?n=153853207

Heres a link to my mod pack on the website

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/beta-pack.25969/edit

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help!!! Here is my dropbox download. I followed all the steps (I think) but it still hates me :(...

Did you mean to put the download link in your post, because I don't see it

Edit: Thanks!

Edit 2: I've already noticed a problem, the link you are using brings you to a page with the download button. What you want is the automatic download. Look at the bottom of page 2 for my post on how to get the automatic link. I'll look at your pack itself tomorrow, I can't tonight.

I just want to add to this thread which I only managed to find after SubTh3ory linked me to from another thread which I only managed to find from a dozens of Google searches.

1) This has been a fucking ballache.

2) I only now realize Google Drive is not a direct link to a file. There are some people who speak rather authoritatively around here that would have you believe it works just fine for the launcher. Upon trying my my Dropbox account "just to be sure" it worked instantly.

I hope the next guy doing a search in this thread for "Google Drive" or Technic Launcher or custom zip or custom modpack saves himself some time.

Dropbox doesn't work like that anymore, if you do it my way on page 2 it works fine

It does work. I did this with my modpack and it works great. Just follow the fix I posted a few pages back to get a public folder.

Edit: Heres that fix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6teua3egpwvz5lz/Mine Town Craft.zip

Can you tell me what i Have Wrong in my ModPack Plizz!!!!

First, you are distributing the minecraft.jar. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! IT IS PIRACY!!!!!

next, one of your configs might have been messed up, so use only the ones you absolutely need, and then get rid of the other ones, some may not be compatible.

I am having problems too. Can you possibly create a file that has the files: bin, mods, coremods, and config, with a modpack.jar file with a forge installation in it? It be extremely helpful.

Also, if not could you give some advice? My pack is here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ioih08t5s6k3taz/ScienceEct0_1.zip?token_hash=AAEx60S6mZf_AwTRMnNl6LYjDDAIixscL93ljvxzG6WiWw&dl=1

I double checked the file, and tried two different file hosts, and it didn't work either time. It will launch, but only as Vanilla.