Compiling a modpack

Ben_Holy_Land

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that count as a meme? Very funny in any case!

I am flabbergasted at this point. I get to Mojang and then a white screen and nothing else. I've spent 5 hours trying to figure it out to no avail. Could someone take a peak and see if I'm just missing something stupidly obvious?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/150323319/Industrial Age Mod Pack0.4.zip

EDIT: I have been working very hard on my pack and found IC2, ender storage, and wireless redstone to be the culprits. I can deal without the two latter but would very much like to have IC2 in my pack.

So, I tried following this to the nose, and for a test I made a modpack with just buildcraft and NEI, but I ran it up and it loaded as vanilla. I'm sure you've had this problem a lot, and that you're probably tired of hearing it. But I can't manage to fix it, here's the download if that will help... http://www.mediafire.com/?fw134apha385wug I'm just not sure what I messed up

I saw the problem the moment I clicked the link. You see how it is linking to a page and you have to do one more click to download it? The launcher doesn't know how to manage that. It has to be a link that when you click it, the download starts right away. Try dropbox with the fix I mentioned earlier in this thread. It's been working great for me. My only problem is that IC2 refuses to work.

I'm having an issue. I recently uploaded a modpack to dropbox and forgot to add the /bin folder. I reuploaded the file with modpack.jar (copied from directly from Tekkit Lite) added to the /bin folder inside my pack's .zip file and reuploaded the file. I downloaded the file directly, checked it, and it contained the /bin folder. Now, I removed the modpack folder from .technic and removed and readded my pack from the platform site after updating the url in the Platform pack setup page. Now the launcher will download my modpack but when it does so, it does not add the /bin folder and the modpack.jar but the mods,config, and coremods folders are added. I've attempted this several times and the same results. Is there a cached link or update issue I'm dealing with here?

Edit: Okay, tried again with a new platform link. The pack downloads from my link but must not unzip properly. The coremods folder appears but is empty. The same with config. The mods folder simply disappeared. This platform stuff is pretty sketchy. I had better luck with the old launcher when I simply distributed DL links.

Delete everything and start again. I've done it about 6 times in the past hour.

As for my problem with IC2 before, it was a simple block ID mismatch. I have since copied tekkit lite's configs and it is now working.

I am SO terrible with Dropbox... I can't manage to get a link that downloads immediately. The Shared link also has a download button. Help? Haha

If you just got an account like I did then you will have to get a public folder. I think on page 3 or 4 I linked to a site that creates the folder. I used it and it works great now!

Ok, i tried all, it keeps making my modpack run in vainilla, maybe is mi OS, maybe are the permissions of the .technic folder, or even the pack itselft.

The bad thing is that when it runs in vainilla, it doesn't creates a log for report :/

Make sure your using an automatic download and not a page with the download button for the link. That's why it's not creating a log.(I think)

If you need help with automatic downloads, then look at the bottom of page 2 in this thread. It should help.

If you need a place to download your modpack, then use Dropbox. It's fast,free, and works great.

I'm having an issue. I recently uploaded a modpack to dropbox and forgot to add the /bin folder. I reuploaded the file with modpack.jar (copied from directly from Tekkit Lite) added to the /bin folder inside my pack's .zip file and reuploaded the file. I downloaded the file directly, checked it, and it contained the /bin folder. Now, I removed the modpack folder from .technic and removed and readded my pack from the platform site after updating the url in the Platform pack setup page. Now the launcher will download my modpack but when it does so, it does not add the /bin folder and the modpack.jar but the mods,config, and coremods folders are added. I've attempted this several times and the same results. Is there a cached link or update issue I'm dealing with here?

Edit: Okay, tried again with a new platform link. The pack downloads from my link but must not unzip properly. The coremods folder appears but is empty. The same with config. The mods folder simply disappeared. This platform stuff is pretty sketchy. I had better luck with the old launcher when I simply distributed DL links.

Make sure the root of the zip is your mod folders, and not another folder. This is a very common error in making modpacks.

Make sure you select the 4 folders (bin,config,coremods,and mods) and compress them, and not compress the folder that the modpack folders are in.

Make sure your using an automatic download and not a page with the download button for the link. That's why it's not creating a log.(I think)

If you need help with automatic downloads, then look at the bottom of page 2 in this thread. It should help.

If you need a place to download your modpack, then use Dropbox. It's fast,free, and works great.

I had been using dropbox from the beggining, it just that the file (the zip, rar, whatever) stays in the "temp" folder inside .technic and it doesn't "Installs" into my modpack, no idea what is happening.

@lukeb28 dropbox

Hey everyone. I seem to be having a problem. I thought I followed everything to the T. However, minecraft still runs as vanilla. It also appears that the launcher doesn't download my modpack. Here is the link. Any help? Thanks

MAKE SURE THE LINK YOU ARE USING IS AN AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD, AND NOT A LINK TO THE PAGE WITH THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON!!!!!

Check the bottom of page 2 for my post on how to get a automatic download link.

Also, I saw that you use google to host your file. I tried this and it doesn't work. You should use Dropbox.

I had been using dropbox from the beggining, it just that the file (the zip, rar, whatever) stays in the "temp" folder inside .technic and it doesn't "Installs" into my modpack, no idea what is happening.

@lukeb28 dropbox

Make sure when you compress your modpack that you select the 4 folders (bin, mods, coremods, and config) and select compress, and not compress the folder that the 4 folders are in.

My files did the same thing but I finally managed to fix it. Do not use dropbox to host your files. It doesn't work 90% of the time to host for the mod packs.

The main issue with using Dropbox is that it starts the download via the Technic launcher and it times out only a few KB into it because the Technic launcher doesn't know how to deal with DropBox's download permissions. At least that is my educated guess on it. I do know that it only downloads a few kb of data though and now that I moved it onto my webserver it is running flawlessly.

Dropbox works just fine for me. You need to actually use the Public folder, that will bypass all permissions.

Make sure when you compress your modpack that you select the 4 folders (bin, mods, coremods, and config) and select compress, and not compress the folder that the 4 folders are in.

I have it in four folders, the pack gets downloaded into my PC, and it ends into the folder %appdata%/.technic/mymodpack/temp/modpack.zip and it doesn't decompress from it into minecraft. That's my problem.

no error logs, nothing.

Can someone take a look at this?

Here's my pack: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16985121/pack.zip

It's just tekkit-lite with a vew extra doodads thrown on top. My modpack.jar is just the fml zip from their site renamed, and everything looks to be in the right place. Yet this keeps happening:

2013/03/15 10:07:53 [sEVERE] org.spoutcraft.launcher.exceptions.UnknownMinecraftException

Which kind of sounds like it has something to do with the recent Minecraft update but since I'm the first to ask (that I could find, if someone else did, apologies) that would seem unlikely

E: Nevermind I'm dumb, was using the wrong version of FML for the pack's Minecraft version.

Hi im a little confused first of all im not sure what version were on, when I went to the settings it says laucher build 203. I placed version 1.5 of forge in the folder. I used dropbox and copied the download link.I go through the entire process in the same way as you but I get this error

Stack Trace:

Exception: EOFException

Trace:

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUByte(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readUShort(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

org.spoutcraft.diff.JBPatch.bspatch(JBPatch.java:94)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.util.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraft(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:71)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.updateMinecraft(UpdateThread.java:319)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.runTasks(UpdateThread.java:123)

org.spoutcraft.launcher.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:108)

I think i got this error because I purposely left the mod folder empty but then again the samething happened when I had a mod in there. Do you think it didnt work because the mod i used was outdated? or because of something else. Please let me know what you guys think.

Picture of my folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home

Picture of the mod I used:

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home