Solder API

DanteChaos

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

modpack.zip/bin/modpack.jar

the modpack.jar should caintain all data that would normally be added to the minecraft.jar by hand or tools like mc edit.

eg the contents of minecraftforge.jar and eg optifine...zip kopied in the same way you normally would so first mc-forge, than optifine and so on

I know how to compile a modpack.jar file, its just Reggie88 said each mod in the repository needs a 'modpack.jar' file in their directory. Is that true, cos the modpack.jar file is pretty big, and sticking it in every mod directory would eat up all the space in my repo.

no no no

the modpack.jar needs to be there only once (you install forge only once, aren't you... not in every mod)

we are talking about two different things i think, to modpack.zip (solder less) and the [modslug]-[version].zip for every mod in in your solder

e.g [...]/mods/mods/buildcraft/buildcraft-A-3.7.1.zip

this zip-file contains

config/

config/buildcraft/

config/buildcraft/main.conf

mods/

mods/buildcraft-A-3.7.2.jar

then you need to add a mod in your solder named eg forge with version of MC may so

/mods/mods/forge/forge-1.5.2.zip

this zip-file contains

bin/

bin/modpack.jar

the modpack.jar should cointain all data that normally would be added to the minecraft.jar by hand or tools like mcpatcher.

eg the contents of minecraftforge-x.jar and eg optifine-D5.zip copied in the same way you normally would so first mc-forge, than optifine and so on

you dont have to add the modpack.jar as a seperate "mod", it can be part of buildcraft mod, as you like, but i decided to do it this way.

sure, you have to add the forge-mod to every modpack that uses mods, because without forge it wont work, right?

Question, Can we update our current modpacks to this system or do we need to start fresh with it?

You would need to repack your pack into the solder style (from 1 zip to 1 per mod) once you have done that then you have updated to solder

I know how to compile a modpack.jar file, its just Reggie88 said each mod in the repository needs a 'modpack.jar' file in their directory. Is that true, cos the modpack.jar file is pretty big, and sticking it in every mod directory would eat up all the space in my repo.

My apologies, didn't mean to sound like that the "modpack.jar" had to be in every folders:)

Did use "modpack.jar" as a example for how it should get unpacked to the "bin" folder.

Glad that it got sorted out:)

Okay everything is setup in terms of mods and modpacks.jar(s)

and I want to integrate my current modpack with the solder (http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/ragetech.5271) <--my modpack

I can only see the option to link to solder if I start a brand new modpack

Example:

<--option I see while creating a new modpack

<--this is what I see at my current modpack

Thanx for the help guys again

-Mannai

hm... sure, maybe you have to start a new one in order to link it to solder... but it seem to be a bad idea with that rating

dont know if OP's can change something internally

If the slug name matches your modpack slug on solder you can link it without issue

If the name matches you should get a message saying that you pack was detected in your Solder API when you edit in Technic Platform. Then be able to Link to Solder.

So Create New Modpack in your Solder and name it the same as your modpack and the message should appear.

NaCOIm1b.png

O, I've begun to upload mods and made them match the library on the dashboard, but I have no idea how to setup a modpack using it. We managed to get Solder running on the host, but now how do I get a modpack made? Have I screwed up the directory completely? It looks like this:

CzE2Y59.png

What directories do I need to make and where should they be located, or does this matter? Also, I heard that Solder doesn't need .yml files anymore, in that case how do you turn mods in the mods directory into modpacks? I've probably gone and confused myself totally, but what even goes in the directories? If the mods are zips, how do I tell Solder to make a modpack from them, and where do the coremods and configs go? So confused.... :(

If the slug name matches your modpack slug on solder you can link it without issue

If the name matches you should get a message saying that you pack was detected in your Solder API when you edit in Technic Platform. Then be able to Link to Solder.

So Create New Modpack in your Solder and name it the same as your modpack and the message should appear.

I will try it today when I get home, Thanx for the help.

Info: it's insecure to make the public folder "all writeable" (0777), 0755 is enough, as solder doesn't actually upload/create folders itself

there is the first "mods" folder in public containing your MODPACK-slug eg "mymodpack" (you have set-up the name of this mod folder in your config!) so default

mods\

mods\mymodpack\

there have to be at least 3 files in the resources folder

mods\mymodpack\resources\

mods\mymodpack\resources\background.jpg

mods\mymodpack\resources\icon.png

mods\mymodpack\resources\logo_180.png

get example files from https://github.com/TechnicPack/Technic in folders custom1 custom2 or custom3

inside the "mods" folder there has to be a mods folder containing you mods eg

mods\

mods\mymodpack\[...]

mods\mods\

mods\mods\buildcraft\

mods\mods\appeng\

mods\mods\appeng\appeng-rv12.b.zip

mods\mods\[...]

0755 is enough for those folders, except you want to upload from any other page

i modified my solder so it creates a folder for each slug automatically, and i made it easier to identify error in mod structure (you can get it here http://www.mediafire.com/download/sqcwbzanp0bt5hd/solder_addition.rar just put it in you applications folder, overwrite existing, permission of /mods/mods/ should be 0777 then or owned by apache server)

Add a modpack

1. just go into solder create modpack, and make sure the slug matches the folder name in this case "mymodpack" you should see the modpack in the list after that

2. click on that modpack and you'll see some more buttons...

3. create a build, give it a number and a mc version you cant clone yet

4. once you have done 3., you can add mods to that pack, do so, be sure every mod has a hash

5. go back to "edit" your modpack, you will find the first build there, make it public, recommended and latest

6. add it to your technic account

When you want to change/edit mods/versions

dont do that in the lastest version that was published! (it wont look for modification until you publish an new build)

7. create a new build, and choose he most recent version as CLONE give this new build a new build number (maybe a higher than before ;)

you are back to edit page

edit you versions and/or add/remove mods

dont forget to hit "Change" (when changing versions)

when your done

repeat step 5.

Info: when my modded version doesn't work, you should hash a mod that does not exist, if its working you will get the hash of your 404 error page! This is not good. keep that hash in mind, every mod needs a valid hash! otherwise launcher will display a download failed error. Be sure every mod has one!

for coremods u use just a different folder name in the zip eg.

[...]

coremods\

coremods\CodeChickenCore 0.8.7.3.jar

[...]

it is always same procedure, you reflect/clone the position in the minecraft directory in your zip file. you can add everything with that

you can include texturepacks as a mod by simply putting

texturepacks\

texturepacks\OzoCraft-1.6.zip

in a zip file.

or key-configs for eg. SmartMoving or optifine, when you put

\

\options.txt

\optionsof.txt

\smart_moving_options.txt

in a zip file.

Thank you very much Nightreaver, you have been extremely helpful. One last thing, I'm uploading files to the repository, using PHP File Manager, and on attempting to upload the IC2 zip to its slug, it doesn't work and returns an I/O Error. I do not get this when I am uploading another mod to its slug, its just that particular mod that I get the error. Any ideas?