Error parsing platform response

blazedGinger

Question

Launcher Version: Launcher build 195

Operating System: OsX 10.8.2

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Whenever I try to add a new pack and paste the url in "Paste Platform URL Here", an error "Error parsing platform response" shows up over the field. I tried to add several different packages, none of them works. I've also reinstalled the launcher a few times and checked that it got connection to the internet by downloading one of the packs thats already there (Tekkit, Voltz)

What is the problem? I know Mac users with Java 7 cant run any packs, but I am just trying to add it - that wont work and it worked before.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

17 answers to this question

Someones looking for moderator........

Oh noes, you have uncovered my plot to gain moderator powers on the technic forums [/sarcasm]

Pointing out that it's a common issue caused by other software and other people is just a copy paste from the many other topics with this issue

Saying "don't blame the devs" is just common practice for just about anyone that has made anything and had to deal with people complaining about how something is broken and it's all their fault

Honestly, if I got moderator powers just for defending developers then I'd be visiting about 23 forums every day to moderate every developer site I have ever visited

Oh noes, you have uncovered my plot to gain moderator powers on the technic forums [/sarcasm]

Pointing out that it's a common issue caused by other software and other people is just a copy paste from the many other topics with this issue

Saying "don't blame the devs" is just common practice for just about anyone that has made anything and had to deal with people complaining about how something is broken and it's all their fault

Honestly, if I got moderator powers just for defending developers then I'd be visiting about 23 forums every day to moderate every developer site I have ever visited

Fair point ;)

Re-downloading the launcher worked for me.

Tried that 3 times, tried putting beta in the string to down load a pack and nothing. I know it's not the devs and as far as them "getting their act together" that is a bullpucky statement fer some one misplacing blame when they screwed something up or when it doesn't work correctly. I have no idea as to why the launcher I've downloaded doesn't work. I don't know if it was something I may have done incorrectly. But I am definitely going to do my best to search the forums for fixes, explanations or if their is a new launcher released to try to fix the problem and if all else fails ask for help, I AM NOT going to blame devs that do this for the players of minecraft for something that I may have done and not known it. Show some thanks you ingrate, yeah that to you duckymomo334.

Tried that 3 times, tried putting beta in the string to down load a pack and nothing. I know it's not the devs and as far as them "getting their act together" that is a bullpucky statement fer some one misplacing blame when they screwed something up or when it doesn't work correctly. I have no idea as to why the launcher I've downloaded doesn't work. I don't know if it was something I may have done incorrectly. But I am definitely going to do my best to search the forums for fixes, explanations or if their is a new launcher released to try to fix the problem and if all else fails ask for help, I AM NOT going to blame devs that do this for the players of minecraft for something that I may have done and not known it. Show some thanks you ingrate, yeah that to you duckymomo334.

Thanks for that. Call me what you willI but i said that because people are reporting far more problems that this. And It seems to me like they all have something to do with the new launcher build. Kill me for voicing my opinion.

Thanks for that. Call me what you willI but i said that because people are reporting far more problems that this. And It seems to me like they all have something to do with the new launcher build. Kill me for voicing my opinion.

"far more problems" Is just idiots not bothering to use the search function, and making new threads instead.

Launcher Version: Launcher build 195

Operating System: OsX 10.8.2

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Whenever I try to add a new pack and paste the url in "Paste Platform URL Here", an error "Error parsing platform response" shows up over the field. I tried to add several different packages, none of them works. I've also reinstalled the launcher a few times and checked that it got connection to the internet by downloading one of the packs thats already there (Tekkit, Voltz)

What is the problem? I know Mac users with Java 7 cant run any packs, but I am just trying to add it - that wont work and it worked before.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

I have another possible fix! For me what I did was: I went into settings and selected always use beta builds. Then for the Lols I selected increase PermGen size. I don't know what it did but it fixed it for me and that's all that matters. :)