Hacks on my Tekkit server!

Hello Tekkit players :3

Some guy joined my 3.1.2 Tekkit Classic server and i was PvPing with a player (friendly) anyway i ended up losing and when i respawned at Spawn there was all these blazes everywhere!

Anyway i was like WTF and he was like so... you like my creative hack? I did /whois [name] and yes his gamemode was creative! I did /gm [name] and he was like awww, doesnt matter i have creative again! another /whois yes. he had creative again so i /ban [name] and he hasnt come back on but HOW THE HECK DID HE HACK CREATIVE!

I tried to act calm don't overreact (its only creative)

Also i checked the Log and no sign of anyone/himself giving creative.

There was also no admins/mods on so it was him hacking!

His name was: goodtimesalan

Also i have googled and searched everywhere and have found nothing! D:

Please help me! Ill love you xD

EDIT: This is quite urgent. Also i have turned off my server for now!

Check your NEI, if set right it can allow ANYONE to change gamemode

NEIServer.cfg

permissions

{

creative=OP

delete=ALL

enchant=NONE

heal=NONE

item=OP

magnet=NONE

notify-item=CONSOLE, OP

potion=NONE

rain=OP

save-state=NONE

time=OP

}

If creative is set to ALL then any user can activate creative at will, same for the rest of them

Hmm ok..

Nobody at ALL has any kind of permission in NEI or /gm or anything! Ive had over 1000 people on my server and they would of gone creative if they would of had perms.. However i double checked the NEI config and nothing is in "All" Also when i /whois'ed him he wasnt OP ive also checked the ops.txt and hes not in there. There must be a hack!

I can confirm that there is a new hack for tekkit 3.1.2, giving yourself a nice creative menu, and also /whois will tell you that the guy has creative.. I got 2 people on my server in the past 2 days with creative, they both were like: "do you want creative hack? Only 5$ and ill give you the link + fix" So far i found out that you have just have to change the file modpack.jar in your tekkitlauncher directory. And in that modpack.jar theres a file called aiy.class that has a modifed date that is newer than the one in the original tekkit modpack.jar, also its size differs from the original (+4 kb). But im not able to decompile that class file.

Anyone knows how to fix that one? Is it maybe just a simple tweak in one of the config files?

It looks like that in this thread people are talking about the same thing:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/creative-bug-glitch.43900

Have you tried restarting the server? The only two things I can think of are a plugin not working right, and something went wrong when the server started up. And no, without hacking your computer, no one could've hacked that. In which case you probably have bigger problems to worry about than someone in creative. But please don't overreact to this, the chances of that happening are less than a million to one.

EDIT: Hm. Someone beat me to it, guess there is some weird hack. I'd call it a bug, but meh.

I got this bug on my server, if they try sell you a fix, get there ip, trace there isp and report them for fraud. thats what ive done. Can someone send me the edited version of the modpack.jar. I wanna see if i can compile a fix for servers owners (as i am one myself) but i need the udnerstanding of how this works.

Thanks

I can confirm that they are selling the hacked client jar, got offered it myself but i dont trust it at all to even consider buying it, especially because of the fact its a .jar file

a few people came on my server out of nowhere and just started boasting about being in creative and to my disbelieve they weren't lieing.

atm i have a quick fix and if you would like it pm me (its not a download, its basicaly a way to stop them from having items)

I can confirm that they are selling the hacked client jar, got offered it myself but i dont trust it at all to even consider buying it, especially because of the fact its a .jar file

a few people came on my server out of nowhere and just started boasting about being in creative and to my disbelieve they weren't lieing.

atm i have a quick fix and if you would like it pm me (its not a download, its basicaly a way to stop them from having items)

I need a fix without disablign any items on my server. If this is the fix you describe pm me. And someone please get hold of this "hacked.jar" so i can try get a fix for it.My fear is that this will become a viral thing and all tekkit server owners will have another issue to worry about

I believe those players selling a "hacked client" are actually trying to con you. They're actually exploiting a bug in NEI, which doesn't check permissions when changing game mode. Perhaps they need a client to do this, but either way there appears to be a fix. Someone mentioned in another thread that deleting NEI from your server fixed the problem, so I recommend doing this as soon as possible. The bug is unlikely to be fixed at this stage, so if this works then you'll unfortunately have to stick with it.

I think i have a basic fix for this.. not 100% so i won't reveal, i also need the hacked jar/exe/whatever it is so i can test it out..

i dont belive you. Your more likley want the client to greif and this is not possible to fix client side. The only way this can be fixed clientside is for technic to release a modified version of the NEI mod and they wont do that. To fix this for now remove the NEI server-side version from your server and it will fix all issues.

Thanks

I believe those players selling a "hacked client" are actually trying to con you. They're actually exploiting a bug in NEI, which doesn't check permissions when changing game mode. Perhaps they need a client to do this, but either way there appears to be a fix. Someone mentioned in another thread that deleting NEI from your server fixed the problem, so I recommend doing this as soon as possible. The bug is unlikely to be fixed at this stage, so if this works then you'll unfortunately have to stick with it.

Well it Happened again. Some new guy came on my server and i welcomed him, he said hey back. 1 minuted later on console:

My plugin had taken Destriction Catylist off him.

/whois [name] yes he HAD CREATIVE D:

Then he ragequit, but to be sure i banned him :3

Im thinking about doing what you said!

It's not NEI, Well there is one with NEI but there's one where you do the command /!creative and it does it. I'm working on a patch for it as we speak

id assume that the !creative command would only do the same as the other one, just coded differently as its a command, after removing the NEI i haven't had any more problems with anyone getting into creative, so it is definitely just through NEI.

Edit: I know its probably through NEI, because the maker of that command client. Hihihi, came onto my server and after checking the NEIServer config. that name was there.

I need a fix without disablign any items on my server. If this is the fix you describe pm me. And someone please get hold of this "hacked.jar" so i can try get a fix for it.My fear is that this will become a viral thing and all tekkit server owners will have another issue to worry about

Not a chance, u just want it to greif. If you dont even know its a .jar you do not know a fix for it Please stop lieing

Not a chance, u just want it to greif. If you dont even know its a .jar you do not know a fix for it Please stop lieing

...you know that the person you quoted was yourself right?

Anyways, I would imagine a fix for this would be to set your NEI.cfg to be read only.

...you know that the person you quoted was yourself right?

Anyways, I would imagine a fix for this would be to set your NEI.cfg to be read only.

Whoops, also that wouldnt make a difference. The way it works is that nei allows the use of the creative button because it checks to see if your on the list when you connect to the server. The hotkey that gives you gm just takes the bit of code that skips the check so you just get gm. making your config read only would not work as the whole point of the hack is that it doesnt look at the config to decide to give you gamemode or not. The fix would be making it check to give you gm by sending a packet to the server and checking the config each time someone wants to use the gm button instead of just checking it once on server startup, but as i said this means modifiy the client and the greifers will just use the old nei making the fix useless.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont belive you. Your more likley want the client to greif and this is not possible to fix client side. The only way this can be fixed clientside is for technic to release a modified version of the NEI mod and they wont do that. To fix this for now remove the NEI server-side version from your server and it will fix all issues.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses guys, going to try deleting NEI now (Unfortunately, i use it a lot :/)

No, actually i thought i had found a fix by using WorldGuard and setting the only-OP-in-console to true.. but now it seems players can still do it, if there are any new fixes without removing NEI please let me know :(